Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

French Country Style Piano

tooparalyzed
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
tooparalyzed polycounter lvl 10
Hej PCs! :)
This is my first post here. Been lurking around for quite a while now. So i finaly decided to step out of my comfort zone und step into the green light.
Also want to thank all of you for sharing your amazing work here on PC. Being a huge inspiration for me!

Here is my current piece that i'm working on in my freetime.
C&C are more than welcome.

matthias-wagner-french-country-style-piano.jpg?1413735802

Replies

• Micaki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micaki polycounter lvl 3
    I assume this was your concept? http://antiquepianoshop.com/product/407/amazing-custom-painted-knabe-country-french-renaissance-style-parlor-grand-piano/

hmm, looking nice, but i would change few things, change main color from white to something more like ecru. take a look at reflections at a second photo(blue color), you could do some tweaks to your material, and yea i would definitely see that asset in AC:Unity :D
    wjIqEYp.jpg
    Zt3IRXk.jpg
  • tooparalyzed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tooparalyzed polycounter lvl 10
    thanks Micaki for your advice, glad you took the time. :)

yep, this was my concept. But actually i didn't want to stick to it in every detail. The piano should only serve as a modelling guidline at first. I choosed an almost white color for the base on purpose to bring up the contrast. The colors in the concept seemed too yellowish in my opinion. You're right that the hinges and painting on the top are missing. I will add them. Still i'm not 100% sure about the paintings on the side. Think it's almost to much. What do you think?
    I thought about putting this asset in a whole scene. Try to keep this thread updated.
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    The concept looks yellowish partially because regular lightbulbs cast yellow light and that's not studio lighting. They just hung up some curtains. That said, a lot of white paints will yellow with time and off of the top of my head I don't know what was being used on pianos in the early 1900s or if that one has been restored more than once (or how often it was restored). I suppose it'll depend some on whether you're showing it as an antique or if you're intending the piece to be in the period it was made in.

I do think what you've gone with so far is too white, though. If you get the more golden tone in to the detail work (you've got it fairly orange right now) then you'll have a better look overall. They do specify in the source material that it's ivory with gold paints.
  • Ricemanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic work, Matt! I'd love to sit down and play (would sound horrible tough :P)
  • Alanonzalez52
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks awesome :)