Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spider Tank

Hi Polycounters!

Model : Spider Tank
Softwares : Maya, 3ds Max, photoshop, marmoset
PolyCount : HP -234322 Quads LP - 21K
Portfolio : http://christianoprem3d.daportfolio.com/
Reference : http://www.faustodesign.com/#/robots/

Hope you like it and C & C are always welcome.

Highpoly
dpjZpwglx2FE
g3H8xb3A9r3W
2ECByfXiKBnx
NCWjcUuJu8xK

WireFrame
M3LiG1uGhUi7
U67KyGR11dcv

LowPoly
3Y80m8q89uF3
rzXBwPfNo1V4
6iAv0N3otte6

Textured
RJTnlL0hQfS6
ZfgEt6yXLBbv
3r7p4u4kC0yF
Mjrmwof0iwFU

Texture sheet
noNritrFOOT4

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    The HP looks fab, not a huge fan of the texturing alot of wasted UV space and the final LP looks pix-elated
  • esDeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Double checking
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wait, so how did he get the model and why would someone do that ?
  • christianoprem
    This guy is a fraud. Check this: http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?p=978652

@esDeus : ha ha, What is this? how can i get model with wireframe of someone's work?

please look at the wireframe of the model and compare with that please and there are so many guys are did hulk sculpt, will you say them as fraud???
  • esDeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wait, so how did he get the model and why would someone do that ?

Can be the case that they actually followed the same concept and I jumped into conclusions, sorry about that. Just weird that there are so many similarities.

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?p=978652
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found the image , Fausto De Martini Work

94e82c45c492a3613cdda9077af5b105.jpg
  • esDeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @esDeus : ha ha, What is this? how can i get model with wireframe of someone's work?

please look at the wireframe of the model and compare with that please and there are so many guys are did hulk sculpt, will you say them as fraud???

Alright honest feedback now and reasons why I jumped into conclusions.

Your high poly model is really strong, like super strong for an artist that have not worked in the industry ever before, and you have several strong pieces in your portfolio. But there are such a big contrast (massive so to speak) between your high poly work and everything else there is in your website. Usually people that tend to be good at high poly work, can at least bake different texture maps down. And yes some people have used others work and tweak them a bit in at best, or just closely copy them. I apologize for jumping to conclusions so fast on that matter. Try to work on your texture skills more and get rid of that about me section in your website, throw those textures in the bin and start from the beginning and try to avoid unnecessary noise and seams.
  • christianoprem
    throw those textures in the bin and start from the beginning and try to avoid unnecessary noise and seams.
    Thank you for your valuable critiques,can you tell more specific things to do in textures.
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Your texture looks too low res. I don't know what size your texture maps are but on a hero asset this big, on current gen hardware, you could easily do 4k. Either it's too low res, or you used a lot of overlays but scaled them up way too far and it's showing. I say that because your normal map looks disproportionately clear.

There is some leaking that looks good but for the most park it looks like your scratches, wear and dirt are all uniformly applied with little attention to where they should go.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Thank you for your valuable critiques,can you tell more specific things to do in textures.

Your textures are not PBR correct, and you are lacking the most important map in the PBR workflow, a gloss map. Everything is monochromatic and really flattens out all that hard work you did with the highpoly.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piggy backing off of what BARDLER said, everything being monocromatic really hurts this. Might be nice to get some sort of color scheme, where some panels are different colors and such? Having everything be that orange/brown color just isn't working. You need some accent colors or something.

Not sure if you are working with a PBR workflow or not? But either way, your metal surfaces just don't read well. Your highlights blow out super white, and up close when looking at some of the normal detail the highlight reads really tight, like a plastic. It looks like you just threw scratchy noise all over everything in your spec map instead of considering where there would be specular highlights. I would think there would be much less scratching and wear on larger flat surfaces, and more edge wear, for example.

Your high poly and bake were really strong. I think that if you can nail the texture work...you could get a nice piece out of this...but right now your materials are really hurting this.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    The highpoly looks pretty good, but the lowpoly cannot be compared

I would totally rework the lowpoly, theres so much experience to take from this, Its surely worth it.

I dont know why nobody mentioned this, but its way too low poly. Way.
    You put so much effort into this HP and then bake it down to mobile triscount ranges.
    There are so many lost shapes. Making it that low is surely the easy way, but what does that help you. Also a great chance to redo the uvs, maybe split on 2 UV sheets,
    something like 2x 4k, your HP has enough detail for that scale. If you have a nicer lowpoly baked down, you will have a lot more motivation to spend time on texturing and make this really nice.

Also a nice bright colorsheme could really make it pop, maybe something 2 toned, theres a lot of potential
  • 95DPi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So who exactly did the modeling?
  • christianoprem
    Hi,I just changed the textures and did the turn table for it.

Hope you like it ! :)
    C&C are always welcome :)

P76VHV2G8mWAQmwN
    NtWhnjQBFh0t9LMb
    fX3z9ayMtIRFQ4ow
    iMwPXsMj0jEltGiv
    qXYsYH0DwVtb1VCy
    fHlCqLPmXO06pes1
    1RiyX679ije2FBdM
    1oO0MezXQk9RWi4Y
    FcqKYk4bcUaP78sn
    lK9qWVa01gUw7I7Z