5XYgcCM.jpg

FS5VCwz.jpg

pFOJFTt.png

dA8ANBR.png

taGMzJt.png

VFJwEn3.png

pNr6ntp.png

As always a video for turntables.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3f4jNcDmpE"]MedievalDude PBR Realtime Render - YouTube[/ame]

Aaaand.... SOME FUN !! :D:D:D

Alv1SoE.jpg

Replies

• RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Can we have wires + maps please
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    Here you go mate :D

7RPQ2ac.png

QMSr4au.png

OzWYyte.png

IpHMr9V.png
  • Magichobo666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha looks amazing, but if he was an old warrior wouldn't he be a little bit more dirty and worn away?, just a thought through but great job.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I never finished my lowpoly of this >_<"
    Good job there :)
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The textures have quite a lot of wasted space - close to a third of each texture is empty. Packing the UVs properly is a pain, but it really is quite important.

Using 3 texture sheets really does seem quite wasteful, especially given the amount of detail. Two sheets (head & body) is more typical, or even a single sheet for a minor character or on a limited system.

Aside from the scabbard, which is a rather improbably shade, the palette is rather limited. Keep in mind that even peasants from that era dressed a great deal more colorfully than modern men. Greens, blue, reds, yellows - each is a possible choice for the shirts & pants. Granted, the dyes of the day were never brilliant, and they tended to become washed out, but they would still add some color. Leather, too, was not limited to a medium brown - belts and boots, at least, were often black, if not some brighter color.

Overall, it seems as though you have spent more time on the model than the texture, when in truth it should be the other way around. Great textures often take far longer than great models.
  • TAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TAN polycounter lvl 12
    Magicwalker. Yeah that is right I guess :D Will make my " next old warrior" a lot more dirty :D

@ Pyzern: Don't feel bad about it mate. Everyone does a great job at Character Challenges as best as they can and time is never enough to do everything by yourself. So cheers ! :D

@ DWalker: Wow ! That is some sage advice mate. And very detailed too. You are really right about UV packing and you really caught me on "more modelling than texturing" there. I have no excuse :D I will do it right next time and hell ! I'll even PM you before baking to get your idea on my UV layout so I can get a better perspective on things. Thanks mate !

Thanks for critics everyone ! Keep'em coming !