Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

T-Rex

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JonConley polycounter lvl 8
Few friends and I have decided to work on a game. I am the most experienced with modeling (we are all coders) so I've been tasked with doing at least some of the initial art.

Latest:

ivTmj1w.png

[Original]

I need to fix up the arms and claws a bit, then I think I may go a bit higher and start detailing the head a bit and adding the claws to the feet.

KVbkG7w.png
2mrH9Oc.png
3TUoGGO.png
Et5VKgy.gif

Replies

• JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The entire point of the game is actually just blow shit up as a T-Rex.

Eyes wise I'm going more Jurassic Park

T-rex.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxAgOtHj8GCyvOZQLKOAebNUb92B04QO3rIsucycyQprBEeGrL

I'll post the reference sheet I am working off of when I get home. Going for a bad ass T-Rex feel, so it will have bony little nubs poking out around the eye and along the back.

I will definitely elongate him a bit and fix some anatomy. This is going to be 3rd person and you play as the T-Rex, so the run speed will be faster than a human, and I'll probably have the head pulled up a bit too look better from the camera's perspective.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    The eyes on the JP T-Rex are also binocular, I've seen the model in the flesh :3
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They are, but not to that extent. I do agree I need to move mine in some, but not the same amount as the above image.
    8632839_1.jpg?v=8CE70FDFAF1B540

The reference sheet I am using as of now:
    T2LyA1n.jpg

Thanks for all of the crits.
  • KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    640px-Sue_TRex_Skull_Full_Frontal.JPG

T rex had QUITE binocular vision, but the females had a much wider face.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I played with the proportions a bit, I need to make sure they match up for the most part. Off hand the neck still may be too short. I also haven't touched the feet. Tried to kind of sculpt in at least some form of muscles and then smoothed it out with clay buildup. Got bored and wanted to see if I could actually pull off some of the detailing on the head, so did that, I may need to narrow it out a bit more to give it a little more binocular look (not going for fully accurate, that one picture looks more like a derpy rex, so will stick with a broader head).

Next up will be feet and arms I think.

rwp8izF.png

kxoNNUr.png

dHf7yub.png
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress for the day. Elongated the body and tail a bit, and added some girth to the tail. Shortened up the arms a bit. and created a talon for the feet and worked on them a tiny bit (just the front)

DiycRwM.png

2kj8cca.png
  • KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    The neck is not correct. The spine attaches to the back of the skull, not behind the jaw like in humans. The neck curves backward, extending the silhouette of the 'head' like a bird.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress for the night, a little clean up on the feet, head moved down a bit with part of the neck being moved up. Continued to detail the face some.

Appreciate the crits and am doing my best to try to get it right.

7BLbABH.png

ivTmj1w.png

PHI5Ka1.png