Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Helmet and binocular

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
underfox polycounter lvl 7
Hello everyone, it has been quite a long time since I posted something here, so i'll do exactly that today.
I have been working on an ops core fast helmet ballistic version and some binoculares both PBR ready. I used UE4 for the render and will soon update my portfolio and hunt for a job... again....

I'am also working on some modular assets ( but this will be for another thread) to be used on a map for " Ground Branch " an indie game developed by 2 very talented people John and Kris.
If you can , do take a quick peek at their project , what these 2 guys are doing is quite promising. One of them was the level designer of the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. God I love these games

http://www.groundbranch.com/

On to that helmet and those binoculares now.

As always, comments and critics are more than welcome.

Opscorefast_zps93eccdb1.jpg

Opscorefast5_zpscae66e5a.jpg

Opscorefast3_zps0ca63ebe.jpg

Opscorefast4_zps7c9a00e7.jpg

Opscorefast2_zps6d1519bd.jpg

binocular_zps1b3cc82e.jpg

binocular4_zps0100a7b7.jpg

binocular3_zps58f63d4e.jpg

just a taste of the environment I'm working on

render_zpsf0a230ee.jpg

Replies

• Regretful123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool. Lovely helmet and binocluar gears. The environment scene is very well light and detailed, except when I look at the chair, I can see that same wrinkles repeated over and over, which makes it visible when it's sticking out a lot. Lower the bumpiness in that area, and it'll look better.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Sweet helmet dude.

One suggestion I would add is to bump up the polycount near the back of the helmet. In profile, it looks very angular.
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14
    Nice helmet and binoculars. May I ask how you achieved the background? Is it a sphere? Hows the material setup?
  • underfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    underfox polycounter lvl 7
    @Regretful123 Thank you mate, appreciate the kind words. As for the seats I Have to agree, I'll probably remove those wrinkle and make it more neutral.

@JordanN Thank you, I'll see what I can do about this.

@ScottMichaelH Thank you. Of course you may ask and I'll be glad to answer, It's quite simple actually.

Basicaly, I first used an exponentialheighfog and changed the heightfog inscaterring color to the one I wanted ( dark blue in my case). Then I lowered the fog intensity and the fog heigh falloff to something around 0.2 thus creating a nice uniform background.

Then in the globalpostprocessvolume, I added a vignetting effect to have the dark halo around the screen.

Hope it helped ;)
  • Thrusled
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikon 7578 Binocular have crystal clear optics.. Excellent value - clarity and brightness equal to more expensive brands/models. The eyepiece guards are worthless, as note by many others.