TIqOC4V.png

r1J9V4U.png

y5hd73c.png

zEb8cc7.png

E1GUvCj.png

A6ZvNxF.png

5GYQtUY.png

Hi nice people,

I'm working recently in my first UE4 environment, "Caatinga Environment".
My objective with this project is to create a stylized scene inspired in Caatinga, using just hand painted diffuse maps.

PS: Caatinga is an arid region, with a big and exotic variety of vegetation and animals and it's exclusive from northeastern Brazil.

Here's a quick concept that I've done just as a reference:

caatinga_concept.jpg

I've also made this little tale to help in the immersion of the scene:

Gilberto was an old man who worked selling "tapioca" (typical food from the northeast of Brazil) inland Alagoas-Brazil. He was very tired of his job and of commercializing the product knocking door by door, working hard under the hot sun driving his old kombi, Gilberto decided to sell his precious and loved tapioca recipe and to buy a small old house in the middle of "caatinga" (exclusive arid region in Brazil). Arriving in the isolated property he felt like being home, there was shadow, silence and nobody to piss him off. It was like a dream for him, everything was going according to his plan. In a day, there was the idleness man sat on his old chair watching the time passing by like he did everyday. Then he heard a noise behind his small backyard restroom some meters far from there, it was a goat! As lazy he was, already thought that he would never need to walk again, he could ride the goat and it would be his new mean of transportation, because his kombi was broken and his laziness didn't let him fix it. And than he caught the beast. He abused a lot of the animal, unable to walk even 5 meters, he mounts in the goat and goes from here and there under the melting sun from caatinga. Days later, the little goat couldn't stand that abuse anymore. When the old man got on him just to go to the restroom, the animal became in rage and broke the fence where it was caged and gave a strong headbutt on his butt. Then, it was the end of Gilberto.

If anyone is interested, here's my reference collection on Pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/felipealves3d/caatinga-environment-project/

I'm looking for criticism and advice.

I hope you like! :)

Replies