Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Scifi & ancient ruins mix

I know I'm late, I discovered too late this contest! I apologize for that.
anyway, I want to explain my idea of how I merged a sci-fi setting with ancient ruins:
I imagined an artificial world, abandoned, where after millions of years it has developed a new life and a new civilization, also disappeared in the dawn and that it has left its ruins that stand on the artificial structures of this world.
I have attached some concept, hope you like..now I'm completing the remaining.

Sorry again for being late. I hope it's not a problem.

Replies

• soshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea of combining to distinct ancient civilizations' architecture. Maybe the older civ's ruins are in a very bad state and the new civ which was more advanced tried to maintain the old ruins where there is critical damage and further and expand the facility/temple. The red ribbons are really awesome (I love them) but indicate recent presence which means it could be a pilgrimage destination and there are probably more signs of the rituals held there. Who knows, there could be candles or shrines around.

Whatever you do, it definitely looks promising. There are more than 11 hours left (I think). Good luck!
  • Andrieri Stefano
    Thank you for your appreciation, I am glad

however scifi ruins belong to the oldest civilization, in reality it is a huge space station capable of hosting life, which in fact has been developed independently, after the demise of the civilization that built it.
    The reasons for the disappearance of both civilizations maybe it is better to remain unknown, just to give a touch of mystery!

I finished another concept that I hope will explain better my idea :)

Ps: I will work hard this next 11 hours!
  • soshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, it definitely does!