Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - midtech-spacetech

Looks like I pretty much missed the show with this thing.

I'm going to try to pull something together anyways, because I've always liked the UT games and I will probably finish whatever I start here at some point even if it isn't for a contest.

I sincerely hope the ripper is back in this game. I never really understood why they took it out.

Was thinking for one of them I'd maybe an interior of a necris ship.

fWb795J.jpg?1

Another race I like was the nakhti. They seem like the type to build simple monolithic type buildings. Playing around with shapes that resemble the UT cup.

PKlY3Ke.jpg

Thinking about making something designed to be really foggy like the old shooters I played as a kid.

3vysaj6.jpg

Hmm, I didn't really think people would like the nakhti thing. Maybe I went in the wrong direction.

Ended up doing two version of an industrial complex. First one was supposed to be some sort of atmosphere processor, but it started to look like a giant cigarette lighter so I tried a different version that has a giant drill in the center.

Both are designed to have poor visibility and lots of elevated walkways.

forumMoKiIiW.jpgMoKiIiW.jpg

76eIWBO.jpg
fWb795J

Replies

• Sharvo
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    I like what i see already even if its the last day :) hope to see you submit something,i think the 2nd is my fave it has a good structure to it and some interesting shapes as well. Along with some exotic plants and statues for some reason it reminds me of stargate of fifth element
  • soshi
    I'd love to see such nakhti architecture in UT4. Great concept! I like how you didn't go for traditional Egyptian shapes and geometry :) It makes sense that since they are space Egyptians they should preserve they're culture but they're knowledge and technological advancements must be superior.