Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - High tech Alien pyramid

Hello, its my first post in this forum.

Idea is make something similar to old map "dm-pyramid" in Alien (H. R. Giger) style. I use 3D fractal renders as textures to make some detail and shapes.

I love to work on details so make anubis statue and other parts in bigger resolution, but i spend to much time on anubis thats why rest isnt so good or an only copy like Ra statue.

Here are some steps:
72elmq.jpg

110yf52.jpg

a26o2v.jpg

2czqz39.jpg

140wxfb.jpg

29vxx1h.jpg

1z53mtz.jpg

Replies

• FirebornForm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn dude, 3d fractals as textures? that's one way to quickly get to the next gen look.

Since this is pretty much done already I'll just chime in that your Damage Amp (purple thing) is WAY too big. That would basically be bigger than a player if he stood next to it. So I would just scale that sucker down.
  • Kromus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic. Love the colors and everything does what it says on the tin- looks high tech and alieny! The scene as a whole is interesing.

Not a great deal I can say about it really constructively, its a very final piece already and you portray your theme perfectly. I am glad you went for a grey overcast background, as it really helps make the rest of the scene pop.
  • VibiVibe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the nice response

"Colors" they isn't my best so i don't want use too much. I trying with some gold but at end is just ended with some minimal parts.

There's another picture showing the whole map.
    Pyramid is in big hole surrounded by storm. It would be nice to see everything in move.

I got idea to make map inside some room to showing other players on the map, inspired "Prometheus" movie. But to make some difficulty there is a hole at center with moving blades.

There nothing on second floor because i dont have time for all.

35mgmmf.jpg
  • VibiVibe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my final works.

I make two variations of map, second is in space bubble (FTL Warp technology). Warp cores are inside statues.

I think it would be good idea for Capture the flag.

15qx84z.jpg

16bndbq.jpg

rqxjs8.jpg