Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UT editor 3] DM-Obsidian [Image heavy]

Nomad6
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Nomad6 polycounter lvl 4
Good day polycount!

DM-Obsidian is a (Team)deathmatch oriented 8-16 player map i created for Unreal Tournament 3.

I started off in UDK to practice some asset creation but decided i wanted to turn it into a full sized map i could play with friends on our annual lan parties and such.
For this to work, i had to use the UT3 editor, which is basically a less streamlined version of UDK.
But it did give me the full UT3 arsenal, which is awesome!

Since i wanted to learn as much as possible from this, i created all the assets (except the pickups and game items ofcourse) myself.

For the time being, it's just a portfolio piece but since the anouncement of the new Unreal Tournament i got to thinking i'd like some feedback on everything and anything.
So when the time comes, i can recreate the entire thing for the new UT.

If anyone wants to take it for a spin: DM-Obsidian
Enjoy :)!

Map flythrough

5UldGTr.png
c2vpJrF.png
p52CXfp.png
Xl5W530.png
dROm6x8.png
pKiePS0.png

m0eoYYM.png
aDBtLkw.png
LMvSlQ3.png
0PcuOfj.jpg

Replies

• Nomad6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nomad6 polycounter lvl 4
    Also. I've been trying to make a thread on mapcore for this. It keeps telling me 'You cannot start a new topic'.
    Pretty clueless. I've been a member for a couple of weeks now.
    So if anyone might know why, plz let me know :)
  • jerom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good :D

just maybe a minor detail.
    the trims stones don't always attach properly to each other. I don't know if it's because of the UT3 editor or not. If you can fix it, it would be nice, if not, nobody will notice when playing it and try to score some kills. ;)

otherwise it looks really awsome!