Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag 2 | FAQ & Support

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    with my login i am supposed to be able to install and run marmoset on any number of machines and cross platform as long as i don't exceed my licensed number of seats running concurrently, correct?

because the mac version refuses to register here, eats my login and then just tells me that the trial period is now on. oddly enough i also cannot seem to produce an 'at' character in the input field via the usual key combination of 'alt(opt)+L', instead i have to cut&paste that in from an external application.

2.07 on mavericks 10.9.5 if it's of any relevance. and my windows box is off so should not be hoarding the license either.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Thomas, that is correct, you should be able to simply install and enter your email address, which will send an email with a link to swap the license.

Try writing your entire email address in a text editor and copy/pasting that in, that worked for another user who had a similar problem. This may have something to do with using a keyboard set to something other than engligh.

If that doesn't help, please email support@marmoset.co
  • ioster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a feature suggestion for Marmoset Viewer. I would like to upload my viewer file to Art Station, but at 4k the file size is over the limit. Enough fine detail is lost at 2k that I'd rather not post the work at that resolution. I'm not sure if you're already doing this under the hood, but it would be great to put the AO, gloss, and metalness into the RGB channels of a dedicated combination map. This would allow for a significantly lighter file. Thanks!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The textures are optimized and channel packed on export, there isn't much we can do to reduce file size.
  • ioster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply! Hopefully Art Station relaxes it's file size limits.
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    Lets say I have added an extra mesh in my scene. How can I delete the other one?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Either click it in the viewport, or select it in the outliner, and hit delete!
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    Thanks Gir :)
    Hmmm, I tried that, but didn't work will try again
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    I think I may have found a bug with object scale and the skin shader.

I know the skin shader relies heavily on object scale to perform correctly, but it appears that even when a very large object is scaled down (in 2.07) to a good working scale that the skin shader still acts like the object is huge.

The middle body is about 100 times larger than the other two, but I've scaled them all to match in Marmoset. All three models share the same exact shader. Yet, you can see the skin shader doesn't appear to respect the objects new scale, and still treats it as if it is huge.

Screenshot%202015-07-15%2021.31.25.jpg
  • Framedworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Framedworld polycounter lvl 6
    what are the units your scene is scaled at? did you check "use file units"?
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the response Framedworld!

I don't see an option for "use file units" in 2.07. Where is that located?

I tried using different file unit settings under Edit > preferences. But those settings are for a per scene basis, not per mesh/file as far as I can tell. Either way, they don't seem to fix the below bug.
  • Framedworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Framedworld polycounter lvl 6
    Click the "scene" object in the outliner. the unit options are in there :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The settings in edit-prefs are the default app settings (applied when you make a new scene), not the per scene settings. The per scene settings are in the scene object as Mathew suggests, and those can be updated in real time. I'm not sure those will fix the issue though, so it would be great if you could pm me a copy of the scene to debug.
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Could anyone explain how can these eye effects be achieved for Viewer? Was an emissive map used for the eyes + bloom values in the camera settings?

64vq8mk.png
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,
    I had an interesting problem occur while I was working today. I started working ,on a marmoset file (comprised of .objs), for about 30 mins, and my scene crashed and locked up my machine. Whats weird is all my background applications were working (Spotify, movies, etc.), but I could only get sound. My keyboard and mouse stopped working completely so I couldn't even access the task manager to try and get out of the program. I had to unfortunately hard reset my machine. I've tried remaking the scene numerous times, reimported all my .obj files and even rexported them from maya again. I LOWERED the amount of polygons on the original scene, just in case it was too dense, but it was about 60,000 tris, before I lowered it, so its not too heavy.My maps are all 4k and I have about 7 materials all together (maybe eight). I reinstalled Marmoset thinking something was up with the application, I installed the Marmoset 2.07 trial onto my machine and I get the same result. I've looked at a bunch of forums to see if the issue was happening to anyone else, but no cigar. All my video card drivers are up to date and same goes for my OS. I have 16 gbs of RAM and I have an intel core i7 cpu so i feel like performance shouldn't be an issue. I've never had this issue in the past so if anyone can help me that would be great.

Thank you
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo wrote: »
    Could anyone explain how can these eye effects be achieved for Viewer? Was an emissive map used for the eyes + bloom values in the camera settings?

Yep, emmissive + bloom, that's it!.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sixtk wrote: »
    Hello,
    I had an interesting problem occur while I was working today. I started working ,on a marmoset file (comprised of .objs), for about 30 mins, and my scene crashed and locked up my machine. Whats weird is all my background applications were working (Spotify, movies, etc.), but I could only get sound. My keyboard and mouse stopped working completely so I couldn't even access the task manager to try and get out of the program. I had to unfortunately hard reset my machine. I've tried remaking the scene numerous times, reimported all my .obj files and even rexported them from maya again. I LOWERED the amount of polygons on the original scene, just in case it was too dense, but it was about 60,000 tris, before I lowered it, so its not too heavy.My maps are all 4k and I have about 7 materials all together (maybe eight). I reinstalled Marmoset thinking something was up with the application, I installed the Marmoset 2.07 trial onto my machine and I get the same result. I've looked at a bunch of forums to see if the issue was happening to anyone else, but no cigar. All my video card drivers are up to date and same goes for my OS. I have 16 gbs of RAM and I have an intel core i7 cpu so i feel like performance shouldn't be an issue. I've never had this issue in the past so if anyone can help me that would be great.

Thank you

Hi, I am not aware of any known issue that would cause Toolbag 2 to crash like this. However, typically if you're getting hard lockups like this after using a GPU-heavy application for a while, that tends to be a sign that your video card is over-heating. Next time you try, watch the temps on your GPU and see if they spike before locking up. If you've had the card for a while, you may need to blow some dust off, or your cooling fan may not be operating properly.

Toolbag relies almost entirely on your GPU for rendering and graphics memory, so your CPU and RAM shouldn't be stressed with Toolbag open.

If you can get me a copy of your art content (meshes + toolbag scene), I can take a look at it and see if the issue is reproducible.
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Hi, I am not aware of any known issue that would cause Toolbag 2 to crash like this. However, typically if you're getting hard lockups like this after using a GPU-heavy application for a while, that tends to be a sign that your video card is over-heating. Next time you try, watch the temps on your GPU and see if they spike before locking up. If you've had the card for a while, you may need to blow some dust off, or your cooling fan may not be operating properly.

Toolbag relies almost entirely on your GPU for rendering and graphics memory, so your CPU and RAM shouldn't be stressed with Toolbag open.

If you can get me a copy of your art content (meshes + toolbag scene), I can take a look at it and see if the issue is reproducible.

Thanks for the response Earthquake, I really appreciate it. I will definitely take a look into the video card temps when I get home, but the crazy thing is Ive been able to reproduce the crash on like 3 different machines. My MacBook Pro completely shutdown when I recreated the lockup. Didn't even keep any background apps going it just restarted itself and I've tried it on two different peoples PCs and still the same deal. I found that having photoshop open seems to be playing a small part in the lockup, but that's never been the case in the past. Before Id usually have Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop and Marmoset open at the same time with no hiccups or freezing. Maybe some slight chugging, but nothing major.

Update: Reproduced the crash once more and all my temperatures were fine, Video Card got to like 70 degrees, but that was when i was hella zoomed in and it crashed when I was at a decent viewing of my model. Low points are at about 40 degrees (a little lower tbh)
  • Lemm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, I have been trying 2.07 lately and it crashes approximately one out of fifteen times when rotating an object - either by using the slider or the 3d gizmo. It is not fixed to a single mesh; it happens with any geometry.

The crash seems to be triggered when selecting an object and rotating it - I have not seen it happen when rotating an object repeated times.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the response Earthquake, I really appreciate it. I will definitely take a look into the video card temps when I get home, but the crazy thing is Ive been able to reproduce the crash on like 3 different machines. My MacBook Pro completely shutdown when I recreated the lockup. Didn't even keep any background apps going it just restarted itself and I've tried it on two different peoples PCs and still the same deal. I found that having photoshop open seems to be playing a small part in the lockup, but that's never been the case in the past. Before Id usually have Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop and Marmoset open at the same time with no hiccups or freezing. Maybe some slight chugging, but nothing major.

Update: Reproduced the crash once more and all my temperatures were fine, Video Card got to like 70 degrees, but that was when i was hella zoomed in and it crashed when I was at a decent viewing of my model. Low points are at about 40 degrees (a little lower tbh)

If you were able to reproduce it on a different computer that likely rules out a hardware issue. Could you upload the scene and send it my way (or to support@marmoset.co) so we can have a look at it? Thanks
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lemm wrote: »
    Hey, I have been trying 2.07 lately and it crashes approximately one out of fifteen times when rotating an object - either by using the slider or the 3d gizmo. It is not fixed to a single mesh; it happens with any geometry.

The crash seems to be triggered when selecting an object and rotating it - I have not seen it happen when rotating an object repeated times.

Does this happen in any scene as well? For instance if you make a new scene will you get the same crash?

Does it happen with lights or cameras too, or just meshes?

Could you tell me more about your computer, what OS, GPU?

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date as well.
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    I just recently noticed that when I load up previously saved files, marmoset will auto load up a different Sky at random each time I load the file. This happens in both 2.07 and 2.08.

This seems bad, is there anyway I can get marmoset to load the file with the Sky that I saved the file with instead of auto loading a random one?

What's really odd is that it keeps my Sky child lights while at the same time changing my sky...

Thanks!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, thats a new one. Random skies should only be applied when creating a new, blank scene.

What is your Scene Startup option set to? (edit->preferences).

Additionally, did you at one point have an additional pack of HDR skies that got moved or something? If it can't find your custom sky it might pick a new random one.
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Hmm I guess I must have had a custom Sky loaded that it couldn't find then.

My scene startup and new scene preferences are set to template with the garage sky.

I tried a fresh install of 2.08 and it fixed the issue on some files but not others (Maybe I accidentally moved or deleted a default sky that I was using on some files and it couldn't find that one).

Either way it appears to be letting me save files now and re-load them with the same sky that I saved it with. =) Thank you for your help and incredible update with 2.08 by the way!!!
  • SteveTalkowski
    Hello! I just got a Google Cardboard Reader, The DodoCase Smarthphone VR Viewer V1.1, and would love to try rendering out a stereo turntable. I figured the closest setting would be the Occults Rift DK1, but when I render, it doesn't show the left and right sides. Is the Stereo 3d mode for previewing only? And if so, are there any workaround to get an image or turntable out from Marmoset that can be used in a Google Cardboard-compatible viewer?

Thanks!

-Steve
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately the stereo options are only for preview at this time, and there is no work around for rendering out a turntable, sorry!
  • DarkMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkMonk null
    Hello,

Thank you

Hi, did you ever figure out what caused your crash ? as i am also having trouble with the latest version 2.08 and i have to hard reset my PC every time, sometimes it crashes the instant i load in my mesh :( i have tried different drivers, checking the temp of my GPU etc.. and everything is fine so its really strange that it crashes all the time :( going to try a few more tests just now to try and figure out the issue but if anyone has a solution that would be awesome. if i find anything out ill post again.
  • DarkMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkMonk null
    ok think i might have found a solution :)

My original model was about 80k tris and split into 2 different objects, I decided to split my object into smaller chunks and that seems to have fixed it, its now made up of around 15 objects no bigger than 10k tris and ive not had any issues.
  • fongx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fongx polycounter lvl 5
    Sorry I'm very new to 3d and I was wondering what is the cause of this? I'm not even using normal map but this is what I get when I upload to Artstation
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkMonk wrote: »
    ok think i might have found a solution :)

My original model was about 80k tris and split into 2 different objects, I decided to split my object into smaller chunks and that seems to have fixed it, its now made up of around 15 objects no bigger than 10k tris and ive not had any issues.

Hey, sorry for the late response I've been away on vacation. If you can get me a copy of the model and scene that caused your crashing issues that would be great. Any information about your GPU, CPU, OS, etc would be helpful as well.

Thanks
  • darknessbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! I've been out of it a while and just getting back into all this recently.

Question: Is there no way to make tiled materials? I have a building that will utilize a tiled material, instead of being uniquely baked -- but I can't seem to figure out how to do it and I am sort of remembering it is not possible :poly127:.

Also: There is no way to layer materials right? Like have a base wood material and then overlay a moss material via mask or vert blending?

If anyone has an idea, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Question: Is there no way to make tiled materials? I have a building that will utilize a tiled material, instead of being uniquely baked -- but I can't seem to figure out how to do it and I am sort of remembering it is not possible :poly127:.

As I recall, there's no way to tile the texture within Marmoset. But you can scale up your UVs, within Maya or whatever, to tile your texture.
  • Brian123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian123 polycounter lvl 5
    Has anyone encountered an issue where an undo can lag for nearly a minute? Like if you apply a material to the wrong mesh, rotated a mesh when you meant to move it, etc.

An example scene features decimated meshes with substance materials, possibly around 15-20.

The scene has since grown and on OSX El Capitan, the software runs fine, but the undo now lags so long that Marmoset Toolbag crashes.

hardware: New Mac Pro - 6 core - 64gb ram - D700s - PCIe Flash Storage - OSX Yosemite and now El Capitan
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian123 wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered an issue where an undo can lag for nearly a minute? Like if you apply a material to the wrong mesh, rotated a mesh when you meant to move it, etc.

An example scene features decimated meshes with substance materials, possibly around 15-20.

The scene has since grown and on OSX El Capitan, the software runs fine, but the undo now lags so long that Marmoset Toolbag crashes.

hardware: New Mac Pro - 6 core - 64gb ram - D700s - PCIe Flash Storage - OSX Yosemite and now El Capitan

We've not seen such an issue, however, if you can package up your scene and texture content, I can take a look and see if I can reproduce it and file a bug report. Feel free to PM me or email joe@marmoset.co

Thanks
  • curubor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    curubor polycounter lvl 4
    Hi all, 

I am sorry if this was discussed before but I couldn't find it even if it was. 

So my problem is Toolbag 2 simply freezes randomly when I am navigating in the scene. It started happening more frequently than before and I can't seem to figure out why. It is rather a heavy scene both in therms of geometry and textures but I really think my machine can handle it. My driver is up to date and I checked to see if it was over heating but it gets to 70 C at the highest so I couldn't figure it out. I also made sure there was enough disk space in C drive and also moved pagefile.sys to somewhere with more space available. 

My system is Intel i7 6700K 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM and my graphics card is AMD Radeon r9 390x ddr5 8 Gb

Just wanted to check if someone faced something similar or if someone can help me on this.

Thanks 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Curubor:

Does the crash happen while doing anything specific? If not, it may be hard to track down and reproduce. I can take a look at your scene if you like, please package up the scene and textures and send them to me. Feel free to PM me here or email at joe@marmoset.co

Thanks
  • DonEngland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DonEngland polycounter lvl 9
    Parenting a mesh to a camera works well in TB2, but when I export a viewer file the "BackdropTexture" mesh no longer respects parenting to the camera.  I have tried parenting the mesh to a light as well, with the same result.  The rim and key lights still respect parenting.  Is there a way to add a static background image to better control presentation?

An example of the effect I am going for:

Both shots are taken in tb2 from the above scene, the only post effect here is the text.

Thank you for your time
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The issue with meshes not respecting parenting is a bug, which when fixed should allow you to do what you're trying to do. Unfortunately I do not have a work around for you at this time, sorry.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    What is the Fluorescent emissive mode and how does it work? Is it for things like retroreflective materials?
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    @EarthQuake
    Found a bug where if you change the location of your output images Marmoset then refuses to open any prompts when clicking on the "Show Output Folder"

I know I did not explain that well but for the specific example of what happened to me is that the original output folder for Marmoset was in the Desktop. However today I recently noticed that I store lots of large folders and files on my Desktop so I relocated it from my SSD to my Hard Drive. Now the images seem to be going nowwhere and the only way I can get the image currently is via the "Image to Clipboard" feature.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robeomega said:
    @EarthQuake
    Found a bug where if you change the location of your output images Marmoset then refuses to open any prompts when clicking on the "Show Output Folder"

I know I did not explain that well but for the specific example of what happened to me is that the original output folder for Marmoset was in the Desktop. However today I recently noticed that I store lots of large folders and files on my Desktop so I relocated it from my SSD to my Hard Drive. Now the images seem to be going nowwhere and the only way I can get the image currently is via the "Image to Clipboard" feature.
    This is because your output folder no longer exists, you can change it by going to edit->preferences and selecting the new location. This should fix the problem, but let me know if it doesn't.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks that fixed it!
  • Deep-fried
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI there!
    I recently purchased Toolbag 2.08 and unfortunately I have an issue with lighting.
    Whenever i create a new light(omni) it white outs the viewport and the lighting adjustment sliders don't work. I can activate and deactivate the light but it doesn't work as it should(see image). The other lights don't work either although the directional light does emit light.
    It seems that the skybox controls do not function either aside from the brightness control.
    My set up is as follows: Win7 Prof 64bit, AMD II Phenom 955, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 285 (driver version 341.92)
    I have reinstalled my graphics driver and DirectX 11 but still no change.
    Any suggestions?
    edit: It seems that it is probably that my graphics card is unsupported.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI there!
    I recently purchased Toolbag 2.08 and unfortunately I have an issue with lighting.
    Whenever i create a new light(omni) it white outs the viewport and the lighting adjustment sliders don't work. I can activate and deactivate the light but it doesn't work as it should(see image). The other lights don't work either although the directional light does emit light.
    It seems that the skybox controls do not function either aside from the brightness control.
    My set up is as follows: Win7 Prof 64bit, AMD II Phenom 955, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 285 (driver version 341.92)
    I have reinstalled my graphics driver and DirectX 11 but still no change.
    Any suggestions?
    edit: It seems that it is probably that my graphics card is unsupported.

Sorry for the problems. The omni light issue is unfortunately a known issue with the drivers for Nvidia 2** series cards. However, you should be able to use spot lights as a work around. With the spot light, be sure that you've rotated it so that the spot light cone is hitting your mesh.

Could you give more details about which parts of the skylight controls do not work?
  • xChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xChris polycounter lvl 10
    Hey, I'm having a huge problem with loading in a scene in Marmoset. I have a scene with a plane mesh, and textures plugged in for a ground material. When I load in the scene, Marmoset shuts down and restarts my computer. I uninstalled/reinstalled marmo, and it kept happening. Except this time, when my computer reboots, it can't open marmoset at all (before reinstalling the first time I was able to open it up again). It'll give me an error box saying "marmoset toolbag has stopped working" and than I have to close the program,  resulting me in having to reinstall all over again. I'm getting pretty nervous that this will fry my  computer if I keep trying. 

I thought this might have been a something with my cpu/ram, but I'm able to push my pc with designer/zbrush when it comes down to intensive work. I have a gtx 770, 16 gigs of ram, i7 960, and windows 7 pro 64bit. Any help is appreciated!
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    might it be that the GPU is drawing too much power for the system to handle when under full load? i've had computers reset in the middle of things when my power supply/mainboard combo was not up to the job.
    i'd try stressing the system with a demanding game/engine benchmark/GPU render software and see if it bails again. also if you have a low power GPU available to swap in for a test that might help to track it down.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp said:
    might it be that the GPU is drawing too much power for the system to handle when under full load? i've had computers reset in the middle of things when my power supply/mainboard combo was not up to the job.
    i'd try stressing the system with a demanding game/engine benchmark/GPU render software and see if it bails again. also if you have a low power GPU available to swap in for a test that might help to track it down.
    Yes, when I first installed my 770, it would work fine until I stressed it out with GPU intensive apps. Toolbag 2 is most certainly a GPU intensive app, it will draw 100% of your GPU, so if your power supply is not up to the job it will be apparent in Toolbag 2. I had a 450 or 500W PSU when I first installed my 770, and the PSU blew out shortly afterwards. I replaced it with a 650w PSU and that solved my problem.

Other than making sure your power supply has enough capacity for your video card, make sure your video drivers are up to date as well.
    I may be able to provide more advice if you can give me some more information. Does this happen when you load any scene, or does it only happen when you load the specific scene you're having trouble with? Try the diving helmet scene and see if you get the same issues: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/499159/divinghelmetcontent03.zip

If you don't have the same problem with other scenes, please package up your scene file and send it my way (pm me or email me at joe@marmoset.co) and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem/bug log it.

• xChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, I was  thinking it might be the PSU as well? Its 700w. This is my board model too:  GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R. I just installed another 8gb ram stick this morning, and than I opened up the helmet scene and it ran fine, so I followed it up with the scene I was trying to work in, and it didn't turn off either. I'm not sure if it was the extra stick that helped? But I'll keep opening up these files through out the day to try and recreate the problem again. I'll update the thread to let ya'll know whats up.

Edit: Just booted up Ryse on max settings and that ran good, I also did some rendering in iray which is using gtx's gpu.

Update: ok so I was able to replicate the pc shutdown with the scene again. After about an hour of doing some modeling work in Maya and Substance Designer, I opened up marmoset and loaded in the helmet scene. My PC didn't shut off with the helmet scene open, but than I opened up my material scene and the pc shutdown immediately after the scene loaded. I think this has a better chance of happening again after the computer is on for about 20 minutes.

Before getting to this point, I kept opening up the helmet scene, followed by my scene through out the day, and it seems to happen once every 10-15 times I do this. I'm definitely puzzled about whats causing this now, I'm not sure what it might be in my scene? But I'll pack it up and email it to you shortly.  

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xChris said:
    Hm, I was  thinking it might be the PSU as well? Its 700w. This is my board model too:  GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R. I just installed another 8gb ram stick this morning, and than I opened up the helmet scene and it ran fine, so I followed it up with the scene I was trying to work in, and it didn't turn off either. I'm not sure if it was the extra stick that helped? But I'll keep opening up these files through out the day to try and recreate the problem again. I'll update the thread to let ya'll know whats up.

Edit: Just booted up Ryse on max settings and that ran good, I also did some rendering in iray which is using gtx's gpu.

Update: ok so I was able to replicate the pc shutdown with the scene again. After about an hour of doing some modeling work in Maya and Substance Designer, I opened up marmoset and loaded in the helmet scene. My PC didn't shut off with the helmet scene open, but than I opened up my material scene and the pc shutdown immediately after the scene loaded. I think this has a better chance of happening again after the computer is on for about 20 minutes.

Before getting to this point, I kept opening up the helmet scene, followed by my scene through out the day, and it seems to happen once every 10-15 times I do this. I'm definitely puzzled about whats causing this now, I'm not sure what it might be in my scene? But I'll pack it up and email it to you shortly.  

Thanks, we'll have a look at the scene and let you know if we have any other advice. For now, can you verify if you saw the crash with the diving helmet scene, or only in your scene?
  • xChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xChris said:

Thanks, we'll have a look at the scene and let you know if we have any other advice. For now, can you verify if you saw the crash with the diving helmet scene, or only in your scene?
    There are no crashes with the helmet scene, just mine.
    Update: Ended up replacing the 700w psu I had with a 1000w, and I'm not experiencing anymore crashes, thanks ya'll!