Old (#1)
Hey all!
Nothing much to say really.
Just a homebrew shotgun around 8k tris (due to the spring) and 4k textures. Might resize to 2k.

wires and texture

---
blockout

mechanism

sculpt

----

byessss

Last edited by Pedro Amorim; 07-09-2014 at 03:42 AM..
www.edgesize.com pedro amorim portfolio
edgesize.tumblr.com digital playground
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,833 Posts, Join Date Mar 2005, Location Nottingham, UK Send a message via ICQ to Pedro Amorim Send a message via AIM to Pedro Amorim Send a message via MSN to Pedro Amorim Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Amorim  

Old (#2)
Pretty fucking cool man. Especially the explanation of the mechanism

Texture looks really dope too.
Character Artist | Portfolio
Offline , polygon, 591 Posts, Join Date Feb 2013, Location Canada  

Old (#3)
This is so nice
Great Work!
Offline , polygon, 594 Posts, Join Date Dec 2011, Location Frankfurt am Main / Germany  

Old (#4)
solid work....Wood looks great...would love to see some flats and wireframes
Offline , line, 83 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012, Location Oakville, Canada  

Old (#5)
Its ok I guess.
Offline , Moderator, 10,546 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Iowa City, IA  

Old (#6)
Meh, it's alright.
Offline , I love typing, 8,806 Posts, Join Date Jul 2009, Location Columbus Ohio Send a message via MSN to ZacD  

Old (#7)
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,833 Posts, Join Date Mar 2005, Location Nottingham, UK Send a message via ICQ to Pedro Amorim Send a message via AIM to Pedro Amorim Send a message via MSN to Pedro Amorim Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Amorim  

Old (#8)
7.5/10
Offline , spline, 172 Posts, Join Date Jan 2014,  

Old (#9)
Updated first post with single pic with dark background because YOLO.
Added some wires and shizzle as well.

Old (#10)
From a technical perspective, this would be a one shot- arms blown off thing

The blast would certainly desintegrate the who thing. so something like a screwed chamber would be better, or a construction like a zip gun.

nice idea and execution tho. nice and twisted
would add something fancy like an eotech for shitn giggles
Offline , triangle, 295 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Berlin  

Old (#11)
someone asked about my wood. I don't know why, but it's a constant in my life. People seem to like my wood a lot. It's just an average wood. oh well.

Also, it doesn't matter how you have your uvs laid out. Since we are projecting the textures.

Old (#12)
Hey, really nice stuff, I like it I have to agree with Rumkugel, though. 1 shot- 1 hand off

I also love the way you textured it. What did you use to render it?
Offline , line, 58 Posts, Join Date Jun 2012, Location Kiev, Ukraine  

Old (#13)
Thanks! and Marmoset 2

Old (#14)
Excuse my noobish question... Though, when projecting the wood texture are you blending the seams too within Modo? Or is that simply fixed in Potatoshop? I'm yet to learn Modo and curious about its capabilities.

Loving the work though Top dog
Noel Mahoney
Environment Artist at Rebellion (Looking)
Portfolio | Twitter | LinkedIn
Offline , spline, 115 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location United Kingdom  

Old (#15)
Love that, textures look sweeeeeeeeeet.
Offline , spline, 102 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010, Location England  

Old (#16)
Looking pretty great. Love the design. You really nailed the trigger on this.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,381 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Francisco, CA Send a message via AIM to Jeff Parrott Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Parrott  

Old (#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Parrott View Post
You really nailed the trigger on this.
I see what you did there.
Offline , null, 5 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,  

Old (#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickhornet View Post
Excuse my noobish question... Though, when projecting the wood texture are you blending the seams too within Modo? Or is that simply fixed in Potatoshop? I'm yet to learn Modo and curious about its capabilities.

Loving the work though Top dog
Yeah, you basically project from all ortographic views and then in the end, project a little more on the seams, kinda like clonestamping the seams
This can be done in mudbox also. With stencils.

Old (#19)
It's beautiful! :,)
Offline , triangle, 494 Posts, Join Date Dec 2010, Location Melbourne Send a message via Skype™ to Fwap  

Old (#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Amorim View Post
Yeah, you basically project from all ortographic views and then in the end, project a little more on the seams, kinda like clonestamping the seams
This can be done in mudbox also. With stencils.
Wonderbubble! Thank you
Noel Mahoney
Environment Artist at Rebellion (Looking)
Portfolio | Twitter | LinkedIn
Offline , spline, 115 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location United Kingdom  

Old (#21)
Nice gun! Good work!!!
I love the mechanics of it!

cheers
Lucas
Online , spline, 128 Posts, Join Date Apr 2011,  

Old (#22)
Offline , triangle, 391 Posts, Join Date Mar 2013,  

Old (#23)
Sick man! Thanks for sharing.

My only nit pick would be; The wood sculpt could have used a bit more love IMO. Feels like a quick Dam-standard pass. It does give it a more stylized look though. Feels dishonored ish

I love the dark spot where the wood splits bellow the chamber, and other small details. Really neat.

Good shit!
Offline , polycounter, 865 Posts, Join Date Feb 2012, Location In the Bushes  

Old (#24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Amorim View Post
someone asked about my wood. I don't know why, but it's a constant in my life. People seem to like my wood a lot. It's just an average wood. oh well.

Also, it doesn't matter how you have your uvs laid out. Since we are projecting the textures.
Hummm nice that you're using MODO, is there an specific reason for why you choose modo to paint your textures? Are you baking on it too?
Offline , vertex, 30 Posts, Join Date Jul 2013, Location Toronto - Canada Send a message via Skype™ to TCarneiro  

Old (#25)
Cool concept, make sure to make a cool explanation graphic on a final render shot ; )

Some things; you have really strong cavity occlusion there, the cuts in the wood are just black, that would surely not happen in RL and it looks strange imo. AO in rl is pretty weak. Photons are pretty small, theyll find their way ; ) The front of your shell has pitch black AO aswell as example.

Also the wood looks a little sculpty. If you d reduce glossyness a bit so its rougher I think it would make a better appearance (and the cavity thing)

Some smaller scale noise could also improve it a lot, IE scratches in the metal etc

For the actual pin on the back, it would be really cool to have welding seams.
You have an ordinairy seam there, and im sure it makes sense somehow, but its not apparent what the original function way anyways, so you could just weld it.
The whole concept pretty much demands welding, thats what comes to mind when you think "homemade" - It would also make first person view more interesting for sure

Last edited by Shrike; 07-09-2014 at 08:51 AM..
Offline , polycounter, 857 Posts, Join Date Jun 2012, Location Luxemburg / Germany (Berlin)