Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Water House [Unity Practise]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Cactus on Fire polycounter lvl 10
Hey. Just something little I've been working on. I'm kinda new to Unity and I'm trying to practise as much Unity essentials as I can.

The water is animated with an offset spritesheet script, although there are some seam errors for now. I set the project quality to 'Fantastic' but the SSAO and Soft shadows appear noisy and scattered. Is there any way to get more accurate and pretty shadows/SSAO ? Also I see a pretty neat Anti-aliasing on my viewport up there, but not when I actually play the scene. Would it be visible in the published exe ?

Suggestions & Comments are welcome :>

8uitG4D.jpg

Replies

• Cactus on Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few more local lights to give it a bit more fake GI.

4NX7MIv.jpg
  • LensFlare
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LensFlare polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work so far, your lighting is coming along pretty well. Are you on unity pro or indie? I have heard most experienced people completely dismiss the possibility of good lighting within unity indie. Not to say that it isnt possible, it would just be interesting to see what you can come up with. I would say that the scale of your water texture is a fair bit too big and the colors are to bright and saturated. Maybe it could be darker?

Also, I really like your foliage, how'd you make it?
  • NomadSoul2501
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NomadSoul2501 polycounter lvl 10
    Hey, If you haven't found it yet, you can tighten up your shadows by reducing the shadow distance in your quality options. I think its under render settings.
  • Cactus on Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LensFlare wrote: »
    Nice work so far, your lighting is coming along pretty well. Are you on unity pro or indie? I have heard most experienced people completely dismiss the possibility of good lighting within unity indie. Not to say that it isnt possible, it would just be interesting to see what you can come up with. I would say that the scale of your water texture is a fair bit too big and the colors are to bright and saturated. Maybe it could be darker?

Also, I really like your foliage, how'd you make it?

Hey thanks for the reply. It's Unity Pro, I'm not sure about the lighting in Indie version. The water is completelt arbitrary at the moment, I'll probably replace it.

Here's a quick pic explaining how the foliage is made.

jX9zaer.jpg
  • Cactus on Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, If you haven't found it yet, you can tighten up your shadows by reducing the shadow distance in your quality options. I think its under render settings.

Hey. Unfortunately the shadow distance didn't do much good :( There is still this shadow noise that don't go away while using soft shadows.
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome foliage tutorial! Thank you so much for posting that!
  • Cactus on Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoltZero wrote: »
    Awesome foliage tutorial! Thank you so much for posting that!

No probs :) More to come..

xS2NUd9.jpg

Just don't mind the water for now