Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Fixomancer - Steampunk Shufflin'

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
RocketBryan polycount sponsor
Well ladies and gents, I guess it's about time I stopped lurking and started posting. So...TA-DAAAH! My first character/post up on Polycount!

Yay!

Finished this lovely lady, the Fixomancer, the other day so I thought I'd show you awesome folk. She began her life as a prototype model for a doomed Unity game, but she was way too cute to scrap. Saved her from the trash and recycled her into a diffuse-only experiment with a nod towards Gearbox Studios' awesome Borderlands franchise and Telltale's recent endeavors. Enjoy!

steam_final.jpg
steam_final03.jpg
steam_final04.jpg

Critique is of course always welcome, but I shall apply feedback to future projects. Always keep moving forward, right? :)

Anywho, I'm slowly transitioning back into 3D these past few months while I look for a new position. Backstory-cut-short, I was hired as a 3D artist at a start-up indie right out of school...and then ended up doing effectively ZERO modeling for two years while there. Indie development, amiright? 3D skills atrophied a bit and I have a lot of technical knowledge to tackle if I want to even THINK about doing character art (lol how do ZBrush?), but I'm excited and up for the challenge.

Replies