Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hotel Del Salto

Hey guys :)

Thought I would post up an environment piece I am currently working on, and get some needed critique/feedback off you talented artists!
Its my first post on here for a long time, and hopefully there are many more to come.

I am working on a building called 'Hotel Del Salto' it is a real building located next to Tequendama Falls, Columbia.

Reference:

ftGWCSFl.jpg

rZ6K5Oml.jpg

NYa4keOl.jpg

4RKhfQHl.jpg

I have alot more reference and i'll post them up as i'm asking for crit on each section.

This is what I have at the moment:

I'm currently in a bit of an optimizing stage, as the buildings polycount was a bit high, and I have a lot of unneccesary edge loops that contribute to nothing.

Everything I have highlighted in red is what I have optimized, and everything in grey is what I haven't.

34EuBF1.jpg

MWnnLPn.jpg

5k07Aw4.jpg

Am I going in the right direction by cutting off edge loops into tris? E.g. Not doing what I have done on the bottom piece where multiple edges just loop around into nothing.

I wanted to make the building out of modular pieces so where you may see n-gons I have just snapped a separate piece to another piece. I'm guessing this is pretty bad topology as well?

I also had pillars for the balcony section but i'm re-modelling them now, along with other bits and pieces that I have missed out :)

Either way general critique, opinions on scale of each piece etc is welcome!

Replies