Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Handpainting a gun practice

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
BLACKMETAL polycounter lvl 9
I decided to make a thread for this to not to spam with edits in lowpoly thread. Experementing and learning handpaint technics, crits and any advices would be great :)

a8wl.jpg

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I am not a huge fan of the the design personally. The front looks like a vacuum cleaner to me and the scope feels out of place for what I would expect the gun to shoot like. Design issues aside I think the texturinng is extremely well done. I like the color and value variation across the surfaces, and I like the edge work you have. My only critique on the texture is that I am not sure exactly what material the tan parts are suppose to be.

Good work.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    Love the design, i'm imagining that it would fire from each barrel consecutively like a chain gun.
  • BLACKMETAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks BARDLER :) yeah design is a bit messy because i choosed more like cartoonish style for shapes and it's one of my first weapon designs.
    But i like to make design by my self and i see that complicated shapes like this is a bit too early to start for me, should train more on little bit simplier shapes may be.
    Tan parts are supposed to be fictional polished metal.

Glad you like it Fwap, i based design mainly on this tkb-59
    1310710084_pribor3bnordenfeltgun4rj3.jpg
  • Dre#51
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love it quite personally. The genre and intention of the design is made clear from the start, and the texture goes hand and hand with it. Looks like a gun that belongs in the game Loadout.

Great job,
    Dre
  • BLACKMETAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Dre :) Yeah loadout is pretty close with shapes style, but it's more cartoonish like.

Did some tweaks with situration of texture and right now i don't know what i can improve, so it's finished for now then:
    gk4m.jpg
  • BLACKMETAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of my handpaint practice, item per day:
    RcwWRA2.jpg
    lYe39eG.jpgurvcGm5.jpg

Any crits or ideas are welcome :)