Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Incredible Hulk - Comicon Challenge

I'm making Mr.Muscles himself and that means anatomy up the arse!

I'm basing him off of this version of The Hulk

QrPEaW6.jpg

REALLY like the beard and hair and the ripped cloth around his waist seems cooler than jeans. Also if I have time I would really like to make the skull necklace he has.

Here is where I am currently

F3FCIc1.png

Let me know what you think! Anything I should do with the forms, anatomy errors, ANYTHING!! And thank you! :)

Here's the link to my Comicon Challenge thread as well.

http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/threads/62845-Comicon-2014-3D-SeedyRom-Hulk-Stand

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Hulk Smash bahbey!

As chiseled as the arms are, the leg silhouette could use a bit more defining, especially from the front. The wrists (and ankles, kinda) seem sort of lumpy as well, from the side view.

Most of your proportions aren't too bad from a quick glance in reference to each other, maybe minor tweaking here and there, but I think the head could be scaled a bit bigger, right now it's so tiny, but it's displaying his gargantuan size nicely.

I think maybe if you really want to push the Hulk idea, the shoulders/upper body could be moved upwards a bit as well, to elongate the torso. He seems very Square/rectangular right now, and although that's not a bad thing, I think the hulk vibe I'm getting from your refs is buff legs, buff torso, HUGE shoulders, like a V sorta, if that makes sense..

Do it chaz.
  • SeedyRom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just after posting this I resized the head haha. You are totes right about the squareness and the legs. I'll work on those next!

Thanks Harry <3
  • SeedyRom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Further developments... The legs and feet are where I am focusing my attention next.

0jLOLRa.png

H8XNfr0.png

g6MJhex.png

E7qHlIF.png

jS7Hp6M.png
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    DAT CHASBO HULK.

I think right now the loincloth feels more like a loin dress. Let that hulk leg show. He's the belle of the ball!

It might be the dota, but I sort of want the accessories to be more silhouette defining. More Umph. Right now they really refelect the image which is fine and good, but it doesn't feel like a well rounded piece I guess.

Pop the bracelet out. Decrease the beads in the necklace. Make them bigger, oblong. random, less made-in-china more hand crafted.

The skulls are cool, but I want them to be bigger! Jagged! I want it to be a impact "wow"instead of a clean "oh okay." don't get me wrong they are great sculpt

Once you nail down the silhouette/feel for legs and feet I'd say you'd want to start focusing on the accessories to really bring it up to the same quality throughout.

Good work chasman. Keep it up!!
  • KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    His upper body is REALLY small compared to his lower body, in the source material, he has a smaller, more human-looking waist and muscular, but nearly human-sized legs.
  • SeedyRom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you both! These are all great suggestions! I'll get right to them! :)
  • VanLogan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VanLogan polycounter lvl 6
    Right now I think the hands and feet are both too big, which robs him of his massive size. By making those smaller you will be able to even out his proportions. In your refs above the hand is about the size of his head. Your models hands are about 3 time larger than the head.

Also don't forget the wrist. Think of it as a separate mass. Right now he has forearm then hand. In the concepts the hands are much more interesting because of the extra angle created by having the wrist as a separate mass.
  • SeedyRom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I was so lame about maintaining this thread! This will hopefully not be the case in future posts. I took as much feedback as I could into consideration and I would just like to thank everyone who took the time and responded to this thread and tried to help. You are all totally awesome!

To put a period at the end of this thread, here is the final result. Thank you!

wwRyJQo.png

fbrvSBJ.jpg

s7HmbpP.jpg

pT15CwY.jpg

Thank you all again! :)
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Really like what you've done with the cartoon shader, very subtle, fits nicely. Surprised that there aren't more of these.
  • SeedyRom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Target_Renegade, I'm sorry I didn't see your comment sooner! Thank you very much!