• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a very little update for now, but probably a few new textures will come later tonight.
    vc4Tc1i.jpg
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still blocking out the rooms. Here is a screenshot from security checkpoint. Almost everything is very wip here, I've just put together the floor, one wall, and the scanner model. The lines on it are because it has one wall's normalmap in it's normal slot. I'll probably continue with detailing out the scanner.
    a6sj8VG.jpg

I'll have to switch the uvset 1 to the uvset 2 and the 2 to 1 to get continuous specular with the rotated floor panels.
  • Vergil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vergil polycounter lvl 8
    Well done, that really looks good!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Very clean modeling, it's coming along great!
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so after the incident (I lost the computer that I worked with for this) and the long break, I decided to get back to this. Now I try to approach it completely differently. I'll use the solutions that I was doing researches for. Basically its exactly the Star Citizen ship workflow, because it works fine, I like the approach, it is very fast to work with, and less of a headache compared to the traditional workflows if you can use it properly. But now the scene doesn't completely meant to be a game ready scene, as I use rarely used solutions, and high amount of geometry detail (actually it could be even that too...). I'm trying to reach limits of the possible geometry detail and resolution, until it worth at all to do, because its visible, and can be rendered in real time easily.

I started blocking out the lounge, and I made some meshes plus developing my decal set that I will use for every small detail in the scene. Also, I moved to UE4, and I'll use the exact same material setup as what I used on the door example in the decals thread, but maybe with some optimizations.
    budLc7v.jpg

Some meshes:
    kfQCWhj.jpg
    The lod0 of the lattice floor is completely modeled out, and use weighted normals (as every other mesh), but I use short draw distance for lod0, like 3-4 meters from the camera. The lod 1 is the brown plane thing on the picture, that use baked normals. I had to do this, because I got brutal moire pattern on the floor from far distance. The lod1 can use mips, so the moire is reduced. But from close, I'll get nice depth, and shadowing because of the modeled first lod.

Extended decal set. I started with less pieces on my door example, but then I decided to use one set for the whole scene, so I'm adding more shapes. I'll still add a lot more so I can utilize the potentials well.
    i9Ayf4G.jpg

Extra, the door example from the decals thread:
    oiMIVMc.jpg
    ypkG6vP.jpg
  • Swarm22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swarm22 polycounter lvl 15
    You're really nailing the Doom 3 look. I saw this in What Are You Working on and said to myself "That looks like Doom 3"
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :D Thanks. Well, it is not so hard to copy the look.

Here are some of my ideas about how to make the scene looking alive and interesting. Please let me know what do you think about these. I want to use mostly the same architecture as earlier, just with some changes in the mood.
    IMn5mn7.jpg