Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] [CE3] [TB2] Modular Sci-Fi Scene

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
Prologue: Still in the very early stages of building out this Sci-Fi scene but I'm struggling with a few things, such as picking an engine, so I thought I'd just get my thoughts down here on this thread and get some community feedback while I post some WIPs etc.

Planning & Thought Process: I wanted to create a Sci-Fi environment for a few reasons. One is to show off my versatility as an Environment Artist but the other is simply because I haven't done one since my time at Full Sail University.

I really wanted this environment to be highly modular. I'm using Vertex 2 to help guide me along the process as there are some techniques that directly relates to this Environment (type).

Engine Discussion

So one of the biggest reasons for this thread is to try and figure out what engine I want to use. Here I will outline some of the strengths and weaknesses

UDK:

Strengths: Global Illumination, Keyframable Object, Camera, and Particle animation*, Vertex Color/Texture Blending, Decal Placement, Grid Snapping, Fog, extremely flexible and customizable node-based shaders

Weaknesses: LIGHTMAPS AND LIGHTMAP RELATED ISSUES.... AND LIGTHT BAKING. No PBR.

TB2:

Strengths: PBR Shader (best shaders around!), Awesome Reflections, Dynamic Lighting, No lightmaps

Weaknesses: Does not have Global Illumination, Keyframable Object, Camera, and Particle animation*, Vertex Color/Texture Blending, Decal Placement, Grid Snapping, Fog, No node based shaders

CE3:

Strengths: Great shader, Environment probes, Dynamic lighting, Dynamic GI, fog, Decals

Weakness: A whole lot of crap to deal with for maya users, Somewhat complicated, no full PBR, complex vertex painting for maya users,

In-Engine Tests:

TB2:

KocKfrg.png

UDK:

i0sh7lC.png

CE3:

0keN3Pf.png

UE4:

I WISH

What now:

Going to keep messing around with some lighting and keep developing my modular pieces. If you would like to chime in on what engine I should use and why, please do! I love having these types of discussions!

Replies

• Sammy101
    Offline / Send Message
    Sammy101 polycounter lvl 6
    Hello, before this thread gets huge I am a noob with Toolbag. I have never used it and am thinking of getting it based on the answer to this question. Is toolbag just a renderer for screenshots and etc, or does it physically change the materials and textures you have based on your edits, where you can export and have your new maps for game levels and etc?
  • CarlK3D
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    I would go with CryEngine 3. When I used it in with Maya 2012 it wasn't that complex. though I couldn't seem to get my spec/normal maps to display correctly.

You seem to know UDK quite well, light mapping is a pain but provided you know how to do it just make sure you allow enough padding and use a high enough resolution. once you apply textures & lighting most issues are minimal.

I dont think it changes anything, its just a Renderer aimed at the quality of what games engines produce. it takes screenshots (With alpha Masks for selection, if TGA) & Turntable Videos
  • Sammy101
    Offline / Send Message
    Sammy101 polycounter lvl 6
    CarlK3D wrote: »
    I would go with CryEngine 3. When I used it in with Maya 2012 it wasn't that complex. though I couldn't seem to get my spec/normal maps to display correctly.

You seem to know UDK quite well, light mapping is a pain but provided you know how to do it just make sure you allow enough padding and use a high enough resolution. once you apply textures & lighting most issues are minimal.

I dont think it changes anything, its just a Renderer aimed at the quality of what games engines produce. it takes screenshots (With alpha Masks for selection, if TGA) & Turntable Videos

Thanks for the explaination, I might as well just use Xolilul then. :)
  • Bigglesworth
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigglesworth greentooth
    Good thread! It's always interesting to see head-to-head comparison. So do you want to complete one scene in three engines? Or you want to choose one of them and finish the scene in one engine only?

Main difference between engines for me:
    1. You have to f**ck with light maps:)
    2. You don't have to.
    Second variant is better :)

Marmoset Toolbag for interiors... Well, i'd like to see your result. I didn't see a lot of interiors rendered in Toolbag.

And what about Unity?
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @Sammy101

If I think I understand your question completely, the answer is no. TB2 will not effect your maps and apply changes to them- which actually isn't a really dumb thing to think becuase when I was in uni I thought that was exactly what it did. But yeah, it's basically a render engine just like any other render engine. You can make changes to the scene via post process etc, but it effects the scene not the maps.

Hope that helps!!!

@CarlK3D

I used CE3 for my last Environment and I pretty much got it down pat (exporting and shader creating) but there was something about it that just rubbed me the wrong way. I also don't like that I would have to create a "vis-ob" and light portals in order to do the interior properly.

As far as UDK goes, its pretty much the shaders that I hate. I mean, the customizability is GREAT, but the non-PBR workflow sucks for the real-ism I am trying to achieve.... if only I could get my hands on UE4

@Bigglesworth

I'd rather not complete each in each engine and just pick one... but I wouldn't be completely opposed to it as a study.

I agree with you on the light maps haha

I'm trying to be one of the first using TB2 for full interiors. With its awesome shaders, I completely see the benefit of working around its downsides.... or waiting for new things to change (or just waiting for UE4)

oh and as far as Unity goes, I'd have to drop cash in order to get shaders that don't suck... and in order to get light baking and lighting options that are actually valuable I'd need to get unity pro. Not worth it in my opinion.

Tomorrow I'll work on getting this blockout in CE3 just so I can compare all of these and go from there. Gonna push myself to create the vis-obs and all that kind of BS
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my in-engine image of CE 3, updated in the main thread as well.

vbKakFZ.png
  • CarlK3D
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    CryEngine = win
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @CarlK3D haha thanks for your opinion xD I'm still reluctant to pull the trigger though. Also, I should mention that it currently isn't set-up in Cryengine properly with a Visob and light portals becuase by the time I got it in the engine it was 2:00am and I had work in the morning =P

I still might do a few more engine tests before I pull the trigger but I do like the result CE3 is giving me even with the "wrong" set-up.
  • mats effect
    I switched over from Unreal to Cry Engine for my last few projects and despite the fact its not as easy to get your assets into the engine I enjoy working with the Cry Engine a lot more.
  • genwu
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7
    I'd have to agree..CE seems to be your better option here. I've tossed and turned for awhile on engines to use as well, lol and am also awaiting ue4. I can't lie though, CE has definitely grown on me. It's just alot more fun/faster for me to get the quality of visuals that I want in CE as opposed to UDK and once you get importing down pat after a few assets, it's really a non-issue. It's nice to see all 3 compared though as a study! Maybe I'll try to do the same sometime :)
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback @mats effect and @genwu

The more I think about it the more I'm thinking I will stick with CE3 myself. I really just wish UE4/UDK4 would just release though :poly127:

Tonight I will start to move forward with setting up the scene for CryEngine and see how that goes. I'll also post a few concerns that I have when using CE3 up against UDK that maybe some people can chime-in on. There are definitely a few things I'm concerned about that possibly some light could be shed on.

edit: Actually, just thought of the first issue I was having. When I assigned the glass shder to my glass panels, the light was not passing through at all. the polys were blocking the light. I eventually quickly had to hack it and use the "water" shader just to get the result that I wanted but obviously I'd like to know how to get the light to pass through the glass. Any info would be appreciated!
  • e-freak
    is the polygon you have on the glass shader two-sided? usually if its one sided and the normal is pointing in-wards, it should let light pass through :)
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @e-freak I'm fairly positive the backface was facing the sun in order to let the light pass through, but to be honest I just kinda assumed it was right. I also kind of assumed that if it was a glass shader that it wouldn't matter so that further prompted me not to check. Kind of a noob mistake but that definitely could be it haha
  • e-freak
    well, if its still giving you issues (fingers crossed, it will work out!) try this checkbox in the submaterial (No Shadow, ignore the Opacity setting :)):
    57HHLKk.png
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @e-freak Thank you! I really appreciate it!
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    So, did a litle more R&D and it seems that I might not have to create a Visob and light portals after all. from my research, it seems that those things are just a precaution against light leaking...? Can anyone confirm this? I like the result I'm getting with GI/Ambient Ground Color/Sun Color/Environment Probe.

This is the result I am getting so far. I like the shading. It feels more realistic to me than any of the other options.

0keN3Pf.png

At this point, I'm fairly certain I will continue with CE3.

Right now my biggest concerns are:

I'm not certain what the workflow is for importing modular pieces. I'm used to importing large scene in the engine, but I've never used it as a modular kit so to speak. More R&D will be needed on this and if anyone wants to share their methods PLEASE DO!

Second, I have no idea how to do object animation (sort of like kismet in UDK). I am sure I can figure that one out on my own, but again if anyone wants to share their methods PLEASE DO!

Third, is vertex painting. I remember it being a gigantic pain when I tried to do it with my last scene, although I don't remember exactly how it was supposed to be done.

Other than those things, I think the project will be fairly successful in CE3 not do I think it will be THAT necessary or a least a secessary as it would be if it were outdoors.

Now that some R&D is done, I will hit asset creation really hard. I'll elaborate a bit more on my blockout and then just start going to town with modeling and texturing. I wouldn't be surprised to see this thread go dormant for a week or two with me working 9-6 but once I've done a considerable amount of more blocking out, I'll back.
  • Popeye9
    Offline / Send Message
    Popeye9 polycounter lvl 15
    I made this scene http://sethwolford.com/brewery/breweryindex.html
    with just light from outside a couple of lights and a environment probe and had no problems. For the walls and railing and such they where all Modular. I usually use decals to break up the repeating.

With the vert blending you can set it up like this http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC2/Blend+Layer

you just have to do your vert painting in your modeling package.
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Popeye9 !!

---

Here is an update on where I am so far. I still have a LONG way to go as the Floor and Ceiling have had absolutely no love yet, the pillars on the window walls are super blocky, and most other assets here are in their early blockout stage. The exception being the two pillars as they are quite further along as I got carried away modeling yesterday. =P

b4qfH7H.jpg

4CVXsRg.jpg

zhWlvVB.jpg

Here are the pieces I have created so far.

9Rwkh2E.png

tffcLpo.png

I have also decided that I am going to make this scene a bit of a DOUBLE FEATURE.

The interior is going to be mostly of my design/craft but the set extension outside will be mostly derived from this concept art

Europolis_street.jpg

The hard part of this melding is going to be choosing where the mood and lighting is going to end up, but I may just adapt the feel of the concept and adapt it to my idea.

Overall, still super excited about the project and will continue pushing forward!
  • chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I'm not simply using CryEngine because of the Workflow in general, it's super slow in comparison to UDK. Plus I like the freedom that UDK gives you, with being able to create whatever shaders you want and need. The pros about CryEngine is hard to deny though, awesome shading, dynamic lighting, environment probes. It's just a whole lot of awesome in the same package, it's just a shame that the workflow sucks. =(

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this though , it was very nice to see some proper comparison shots :) Good work so far!
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not simply using CryEngine because of the Workflow in general, it's super slow in comparison to UDK. Plus I like the freedom that UDK gives you, with being able to create whatever shaders you want and need. The pros about CryEngine is hard to deny though, awesome shading, dynamic lighting, environment probes. It's just a whole lot of awesome in the same package, it's just a shame that the workflow sucks. =(

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this though , it was very nice to see some proper comparison shots :) Good work so far!

Hey Chris!

I'm finding that once you go through the terrible BS of setting up the exporters, the actual exporting goes really quickly. As far as the shaders go, you definitely lose A LOT of the flexibility that UDK offers, but what you lose in Flexibility, you gain in visual fidelity with CE3. Couple that with what you mentioned about the cool lighting features and there are just a ton of trade-offs all-around.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment! I just had an amazing discussion with a couple of my Infinite Crisis co-workers about how I can really push the scene a lot more in both look and feel. I'm really excited to get home and continue working on it!

For those following the thread, expect a steady stream of updates through the week! Also, I appreciate all and any feedback very much! Whether it be about the scene, the engine, or anything really, it's much appreciated!

-Rogelio
  • Mr Significant
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Significant polycounter lvl 11
    Hey Rogelio. Very interesting project. My qustion is: In the first image, there where you have this emmisive rectangles, do you have there any lights ? Or it's just emmisives ?
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Mr Significant!

To answer your question, the emissive rectangles do have lights associated with them, yes. This way it looks like the tubing is emitting light onto the floor and walls.

Not sure if there is a way to get that effect without fakign it with lights, but it'd be awesome if there was.
  • chrisavigni
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisavigni polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome project! Subscribed!
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks chrisavigni!

---

Double_Feature_WIP.png

Change notes:

-Downloaded the newest build of Cryengine 3 that had a ton of new updates and seems to be giving me some more visual fidelity. Apparently My build was old (from 2011) so I really benefited from the update.

-Figured out how to do a more modular workflow that works better for me. I used to just import a giant mesh from Maya with different sub-materials. That method is cool, but I'm finding that re-building this in CE3 with a more "instanced" workflow is turing out to suit me more. Feels a lot more like UDK, which is a good thing for me.

-The new build came with an exporter for Maya 2014. I used to have to import into 2012, THEN into the engine which frankly kind of sucked. Now that my workflow is seamless, I'm definitely having a better time with CE3 than I previously had. From maya, updates are almost instant.

-Changed the lighting to further suit the mood I will be going for. The ambient lighting will change a bit, but the interior lighting is a lot closer to the final feel and tone.

--

I still plan on making the exterior dark, cold, and grungy as a stark contrast to the interior. However, I wont really even start the blockout of the outside until I am a lot further along with everything in this hallway. Once the hallways is close to done, I will start blocking out and prototyping the exterior scene (since it is almost like a separate project anyway)

Otherwise, things seem to be going well. I do plan on having some decorative props in there, I just wanted to have the structure more-or-less finished. Probably what I'll do next is choose a few key story telling props to block out and see where it goes.

Thanks for checking me out!

-Rogelio
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks kaikaisushi! I'm glad you dig the comparisons! I may still do them, but for now I'm rollin pretty steady with CE3 ^.^
  • KazeoHin
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    I understand how difficult it would be to put an equal amount of effort into an objective investigation, but realistically, I've never seen that sort of thing done before. It would be interesting as heck to see it done, if you could.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I think once you get the plugins installed for everything, CRYENGINE's workflow really isn't all that bad. It's definitely not bad enough to deter anyone from using it, in my opinion. I'm glad you're going with CE3 for this :) 3.5 is definitely a major upgrade from the previous versions.

Everything looks pretty nice so far. I'm looking forward to seeing some more models! I like the red lights much more than the blue right now. The red and yellow lights look great, and perhaps a dark, cool gray for the interior metals? I'm not sure about the light blue/white lights though, but that could just be because the interior is still a little bright. Can't wait to see where you take it :thumbup:
  • e-freak
    glad you like the improvements in the freeSDK :) its definitely better to keep models fairly modular, especially when blocking out the scene. while you can get a good sense of scale in maya as well, I always prefer seeing assets in engine in realtime as quick as possible and being able to just hit ctrl+g and see them from a player perspective to make sure nothing feels out of place.
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @KazeoHin It definitely would be interesting and something I'm still highly considering. UDK would probably get a little less love overall but it would still be really cool to see.

@leleuxart I completely agree about the workflow and upgrades to the SDK. Really enjoying myself now that I'm rollin!

I definitely can see dark cool gray for metals as well as some panneling a-la deux ex and some painted metal areas as well. Thanks for the suggestions! The blue/white lights are placeholder right now for what I believe will be monitor images (that will vary in color, most likely). Thanks for all the feedback though ^.^

@e-freak Yes! I'm realllly diggin them so far! Much more improved than my older build.

----

Here is a kind of small-ish update. Started really thinking about the story of this place and all of those sort of design elements. This updates focuses on some feedback I got from @JeffParrott about the floors being barren and boring. I went with this sort of installation because it was something I was thinking of doing anyway- having a nice 90 degree slope down into a glass walk-way with a cat-walk like structure supporting it. I quite like it so far and am debating putting some sort of lighting down there or not.

Double_Feature_WIP_2_17.png
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    As I mentioned in the thread below, if UE4 happened to come out while I was working on this, then I'd switch...

ue4_WIP1.png

I spent all night and part of today optomizing and converting the scene. Obviously everything is very WIP and the lighting is very blocked out and rough; still lots of tweaking to do!

It feels great to finally be back in Unreal though, I must say. So far the experience has been amazing, and I know it will only get better!

Oh and for the record, I havent gotten much done on this due to an art test and my birthday. About two weeks with not more work accounted for- but I do feel pretty fresh and I'm ready to pick this back up!

Hopefully more updates this weekend!

-Rogelio
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    im too lazy to read all of this. All i hope is you do the scene in all three.
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you're still working on it! I think Alex is right, just do it in all three engines.

Happy belated b-day too :thumbup:
  • peanut™
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 18
    RogelioD wrote: »
    As I mentioned in the thread below, if UE4 happened to come out while I was working on this, then I'd switch... blah, blah blah !!

-Rogelio

OOooups ! i haven't slept in 58 days ... ;)
  • Mordin
    Very cool project. Nice to see the comparisons.
    How are you finding the new UE4? Have the shaders or lighting changed much? Hows the workflow?
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    I just recently accepted a Full Time Environment Artist position at Funcom in North Carolina so it looks like once again this is going on the back burner for a little bit while I move and get settled in.

AlexCatMasterSupreme: I hope I get the chance to as well.

leleuxart: Thanks for the birthday wishes!! But yeah, Alex is definitely right, however I just know if I'll have the time. =\

peanut™ : That's quite a long time sir >.>

Mordin: Thanks! I am absolutely in love with UE4. The shaders are much better being fully backed by PBR, the lighting is a ton better as well. The fidelity of the lightmaps is a lot stronger, the lightmas bakes are A LOT quicker, and the inclusion of the skylight and environment probes really just raise the bar a ton. The workflow is CONSIDERABLY better as well. Overall it has just been a complete joy working with UE4 so far. Can't wait to do more!
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Glad you are updating to UE4 for this project, I'd love to see another large update once you get each game engine version to the same point.
  • JamieRIOT
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    Nice to hear a bit more about the comparisons between UE3 and CE3, it's something I have been wondering about myself when I start a new environment piece.
    Congrats on the job, looking forward to more art updates and UE4 experiences.
  • 3dlix
    Hey RogeilioD, great progress so far. I am on the way buidling an environment in CryEngine too. I read that you figured out a good general modular workflow. Could you give a short overview how exactly you do that. I'm coming from XSI and for now i export the hole set as an cgf and import into the engine, which is not the way to do it later in the process! Thanks & keep on!
  • SaferDan
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    This is looking awesome! One thing that bugs me, everything has nice angles and there are just two almost random perfectly things in the middle?

Might just be me! Looks awesome though!
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone! Still in the middle of my move to NC to work for Funcom, so time is limited (especially with my computer still being in a box sans desk =P )

[Redacted]

[Redacted]
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the scene.

XG3FNLA.png
  • KennyTies
    Really nice work so far. I really like the texture work that you have done thus far. Keep up the good work. Although I feel like the first two pillars are a bit to close to the camera right now and its throwing off the scale for me.
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    KennyTies wrote: »
    Really nice work so far. I really like the texture work that you have done thus far. Keep up the good work. Although I feel like the first two pillars are a bit to close to the camera right now and its throwing off the scale for me.

Thanks! Yeah as far as the pillars go, I might try to axe them in favor of a new asset but I'll defintely keep that in mind and go from there :)

Also, in case anyone is intersted, here is my Mask and Layered shader for for the floor material

uBQH0vv.png

gfK0vKW.png
  • Thaiauxn
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7
    Heya RogelioD!

I'm working on a very similar modular project now, and Ii'm having a hard time learning how to build optimal UV and texture sheets for such complicated low poly pieces (I'm coming from a weapon and single-asset background.) I'd love to see a few screenshots of your UVs and the objects they're attached to.

Cheers
  • leleuxart
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the red accents you got so far. My only crit are the lights on the floor panels. They don't really seem to add much in my opinion; I think another type of panel grate or something could replace them.
  • KennyTies
    Dude thanks for the material setup for the floor. I will keep an eye on this.
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    @leleuxart I agree =]

@Thaiauxn When I shake some time out I will try =]

----

Looking for thorough C&C for this. Want to put it to bed and move on to something else, but also want it to be portfolio worthy. Am willing to put in some more work to get it to that level, but not willing to really overhaul it at this point.

XG3FNLA.png

KNOWN ISSUES:
    *Doors are flat planes; they have no detail. Will address.
    *Lack of wires. Yes. I realize there are no wires. Bu wires are cliche, and frankly I just don't want exposed wires. I'm still thinking about it.
    *Removing the floor lights because I feel they don't fit.

Please feel free to address anything else! Bombs away!
  • shotgun
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    This is a nice scene. It's got a clear palette, a balanced use of shapes & materials, and a cool 90's-horror vibe, overall.

A few things to try:
    - Think about how things would animate. The floor lights could have a gradient running through them towards the door. In a still frame, you'd see the further light in each strip lighter than the ones closer to you, leading the viewer towards the door.

- Break up the symmetry. Cables are cliche, but can serve a designated purpose. Could be anything else just lying around or hanging down that would spice the composition.

- Balance & push the color scheme: maybe a touch of stronger greenish-cyan would work well vs the strong red (or maybe not). Try to shove one such pipe among the darker ceiling pipes.

- Focus the composition: it all looks great, but what's the important stuff? it looks like a pre-final-boss, lavish top-floor corridor to me, although the doorway is small and unremarkable. Look at all the pure-white areas you have in the scene, how they attract attention and how to balance them.
  • RogelioD
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun wrote: »
    This is a nice scene. It's god a clear palette, a balanced use of shapes & materials, and a cool 90's-horror vibe, overall. A few things to try:
    - Think about how things would animate. The floor lights could have a gradient running through them towards the door. In a still frame, you'd see the further light in each strip lighter than the ones closer to you, leading the viewer towards the door.
    - Break up the symmetry. Cables are cliche, but can serve a designated purpose. Could be anything else just lying around or hanging down that would spice the composition.
    - Balance & push the color scheme: maybe a touch of stronger greenish-cyan would work well vs the strong red (or maybe not). Try to shove one such pipe among the darker ceiling pipes.
    - Focus the composition: it all looks great, but what's the important stuff? it looks like a pre-final-boss, lavish top-floor corridor to me, although the doorway is small and unremarkable. Look at all the pure-white areas you have in the scene, how they attract attention and how to balance them.

Thanks for the C&C !!

-The idea of thinking about animation and leading the player towards the door is a great idea!

-You might have sold m on wires =P But overall breaking up the symmetry with props is something I absolutely should do.

-I was actually thinking about making that far back wall more of a point of interest. Maybe making it a really nice large important sci-fi door would suffice? Either way, making it look like the whole scene is leading towards that big important area might be the direction I want to head.