Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] PlaneCrash

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
nukes polycounter lvl 4
Hey everyone,
So here's my attempt on creating a scene in cryengine.
I'm using this concept as my main reference.
by jae cheol park (www.paperblue.net)
fcun.jpg

And here's what i have so far.
Still needs lot of work, alot of polish on textures and materials, especially on that plane.
But anyway some feedback is welcomed at this point
Thanks!

6khi.jpg

3d17.jpg

z7ij.jpg

xka5.jpg

u0pd.jpg

kxxf.jpg

ns7z.jpg

Replies

• Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Lovely scene so far. Normally I have tons of critiques, but this is early on in your production.

Stay true to the tones of the concept, and keep posting updates! :) Love what I'm seeing so far.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    To me it doesn't look like the plane has enough support to keep it up on the cliff, it's a nice start!
  • JustGarry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustGarry polycounter lvl 4
    Wow stunning so far, keep going!
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    aajohnny wrote: »
    To me it doesn't look like the plane has enough support to keep it up on the cliff, it's a nice start!

Now that you mention it, that plane is a little .. too well perched there. It could definitely be a bit more precariously placed / balanced on that cliff.
  • killazzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool concept, I think your plane needs quite a bit more poly's, particularly in the areas that show its thickness. It also appears like the wing span on the right needs more rock support, more like the concept, it also frames the composition a bit more, id also say the "FedEx" signage needs to be bigger on the side of the plane. I like what you have right now with the wear and tear, but id increase it quite a bit and make it all along the sides of the plane, because if it crashed into this rock formation there would be alot of areas ripped open, or paint scraped off. Really stay true to the use of color in the concept as it is a big selling factor.
    Otherwise headed in the right direction!
  • nukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    Ok, thanks for the input.
    So i decided to take a step back and redo some of the plane.
    in the concept the door is above the wing, but i didn't find a reference that puts it there so i moved it back and made some broken entrance there.
    anyway still lot to go, but hopefully the plane model is in the right direction now.
    crits are welcomed.

mzu1.jpg

[vv]85446528[/vv]
  • Stormfreek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man looking good! I would definitely suggest greening the crap out of the surroundings and the plane with vegetation, and working on the textures to make the plane fit better in the environment, but real good job can't wait to see how this goes :)
  • ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    You should make that tree that is growing from the side of the cliff and just under the airplanes gate.
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome. You can use vertex painting to get some moss on the plane wings too.
    The sky is too bright IMO. Love the vegetation ;)
  • Sebvhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebvhe greentooth
    I love that concept, it will look awesome once finished ... Meh, it looks already awesome :)

However, I noticed 3 things I think you should improve before detailing the aircraft more :
    pOnUGWn.jpg?1

1: It might just be the point of view but there is a weird angle between the windows and the top of the aircraft, it looks much more round in the concept
    2: Since you've moved the door, it doesn't make any sense it's still open. Before it was open to let people cross the "airplane bridge" but otherwise it shouldn't be open. However, it could be broken.
    3: It just feels like the plane was gently put on those rocks ... No, the plane has crashed. Look in the concept how it's really pushed in the rocks. You should also work a little bit more on the rocks to enhance their volume.

Anyway I can't wait to see it with a load of foliages !
    Keep up the ggod work :)
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needs more green! Looking good, but lighten some of that foliage and add more around/underneath the plane on the rocks (which im sure you were probably going to do anyway but its worth mentioning)
  • Uzziel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uzziel polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work! Maybe more damages at the bottom of the plane (collision with the rocks) would be great :)
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh shit thats an awesome concept.

I think just a bit more work on nestling the plane into this spot will help. Getting that path that leaves the mouth of the plane on the concept will help...also you could but some more rocks on the underside of the plane so it doesn't look like it could just roll off as easily. Same with the wing...the concept is a little vague in that area...maybe get some more rocks underneath it, and have it slung/stuck in some vegetation.

Speaking of vegetation, yes...moooore vegetation :D
  • nukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the feedback people, really helpful.
    Here's an update.
    Some progress on the model and some base textures.
    Let me know what you think.

gvww.jpg

jtvf.jpg

[vv]85661751[/vv]
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    wow , Now it's look pretty Awesome .

Great work :)
  • nukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nukes polycounter lvl 4
    alright here's an update.
    not completely happy with the result but tired of hammering on this one.
    tried to match the lighting with the concept but kept getting inconsistency with the rest of the scene.
    anyway i''m trying to wrap it up so feedback is welcomed as always.
    thanks.

9sqd.jpg
    ie7k.jpg
    fn30.jpg
    s0gd.jpg
    iigb.jpg
    xabl.jpg

[vv]86631970[/vv]
  • XanthV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XanthV polycounter lvl 7
    I really like what you're doing with this. Saw this concept a while ago and now you're making it.
    Couple things bother me though with the shape of the plane. The proportions of the plane from tail to nose and the depth of the main wing seem way too small. You're also missing the large bulbous wheel wells that would/are resent for such a large aircraft. Also with how the wings are positions now with the engines hanging the way they are, this plane would need ridiculously long landing gear.
    Also the flaps should look something like this: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r120/navymmw/IMG_2816.jpg