Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scarlet, the princess of Fireland. WIP

Hi everyone! New here and really excited about it :)

Here is the new character I'm working on for portfolio purposes. She's Scarlet the princess of Fireland, I'm working a bit in the story yet, love to give them some background so the character finally comes more complete or I feel so hehe.

So feel free to give critics or comments If you want, I'll glad to hear want you think amazing people :)

You can find down here the concept I sketched, the body with out tools and finally all I've done for now.
scarlet_concept.jpg
scarlet_base_mesh.jpg
scarlet-d3-1.jpg

Replies

• killazzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dig this so far, although it doesnt really sell to me as a "princess"
    She looks more like a everyday warrior.
    Id like to see a bit more color as well in the concept, perhaps she has a crown/tiara of some kind, or some jewelry, or golden armlets, she is just missing that whole Royalty factor thats supposed to set her apart from the everyday peasants.
    Otherwise the anatomy looks pretty good and the clothing progress is coming along. Im not sure if im really liking the form of that neck piece however, might be something to imrpove upon
    Keep at it!
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @killazzz thanks for your feedback, you have really good points!. About the jewelry you said its supposed to be the rings that has in the right arm, with pearls diamonds etc, I've it in my head but it would be better to make some sketch about it.
    About the neck piece I'm not okay with it too yet, I'd find a good design sense for it.

I'll update soon :)
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Hey there. I'm no expert on anatomy, but I think her chest feel too big and shoulders too wide. Her neck seems pretty thick as well.
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @PyrZern Thanks for the reply! Maybe is a bit thick for a regular girl, but I think of her as a strong woman, not too bulky but a woman that can fight a man perfectly.
    Here another update. Added more objects. Changed the neck piece as @killazzz pointed and I also was not really convinced at all about it.
    Finally I did a fast sketch for the bracelet to extract my ideas on how it would look like.

scarlet-d4.jpg
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    It's getting nice ! I think her face needs more work though. Kinda looks like a man. And her mouth is... open? Keep going !!
  • killazzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hell ya man!
    that arm bracelet stuff looks dope, definitely will make her appear more as royalty.
    I definitely like the update to the chest pieces, and the hood.
    It almost seems like the thighs/knees are squished inward but could just be the angle.
    Nice progress!
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    nice work so far but ...why duckface?
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Suba thanks! and yeah the mouth was a bit open, I was trying differents things.
    @killazzz thanks is gonna be fun work on it :)
    @Aga22 hahaha yeah as i told to @Suba I was working differents poses with the mouth and I went to far, almost duck face, now is fixed.

Here is another update, worked on the arm armor and added more details on the upper torso as the custom border for the leather pieces. Tomorrow I'll add more today I just focused on the arm.

scarlet-d6.jpg
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! Another update.
    Worked on the details of the armor and added the diamonds to the bracelet.

scarlet-d12-2.jpg
    scarlet-d12.jpg
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi again! New updates on this brave girl :)
    Re-worked the face as I wasn't satisfied at all. Added the boots (finally) and worked in the hood and pants.
    Feel free to give any feedback, it is really welcome :)
    So... the pics!
    200214-scarlet.jpg
    200214-scarlet-low.jpg
    200214-scarlet-top.jpg
  • victorhrz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone! A lot of work lately so I can't been able to update until today. So here is the basic polypaint base, a lot of stuff to tweak and improve in photoshop. Hope you like it folks! :)

scarlet_polypaint.jpg
  • Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The belly cloth doesn't seem to be affected by the belt pinching it, especially at the top of the belt.
    short-sleeve-blue-dress-with-braided-belt-original.jpg?1372956686
    beltsdress-inkcloth.jpg

Notice the pattern of long vertical folds on both sides of the belt. The size and form of them also depend on a material. Yours is like silk right now, which i presume isn't what you were going for, because since when does the warrior wears silk?