Home Dota 2

Markopolo321's Concepts

Welcome to my dota2 concept thread!
Hi guys, I'm a budding 2d artist that loves dota2! Add me on steam or pm me if you'd like to grab them concepts!

Submitted items

Candle Light Club
2ekqkbb.jpg
Collab with Jequito!

Virtuous Eagle Sceptre
[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312982391
"]2e32vsl.jpg[/URL]
Another collab with Jequito!

The below concepts are all up for grabs unless stated otherwise.

Set Items

Twisted Pyre Set for Pugna
uv7p.jpg
The Judicial Guardian Set
wq6a.jpg

Jade General Set

i88s.jpg
Webbed Wag Set
2cx6fzm.jpg

Single Items

Tango Ward

th47.jpg

nunr.jpg

Replies

• Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the next set for Earth Spirit, a wip. Anyone up for collab?
    The Judicial Guardian Set
    wq6a.jpg

I didn't think re-thinking concepts can take so long... Anyway here's my modified concept for Earth Spirit! Although I feel it doesn't have the same strong concept as my previous version, it works within the equip slot requirements.

I also realized I'm horribad at texturing... :<
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided on this weapon for my earth spirit set. The details of the rest of the set pieces are still in the works, as I'm in the process on re-thinking the concept to fit into the equipment slots.

fy1r.jpg
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a side concept I was playing with, also a WIP, the tango ward!

Tango Ward

th47.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I liked the idea.
  • jamesman5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the earth one, the general flow of its great apart from his skirt and some of the details are a bit so so

but yeah the "connectedness" is kinda of a worry but there are solutions here is some info

earth_spirit_combined_zps4befa162.jpg

your probably going to have to do some thing like this

seamless_zps4f1c56ed.png
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cagdasx44 Thank you!
    @jamesman5000 Glad you like the concept, it still a WIP so I'll take into consideration your points. Thanks for putting my worries to rest as I can now rethink and rework my concept to fit the specifications! Thanks again for the crit! :D
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another Earth Spirit WIP! I think I'll name this one...

Jade General Set

i88s.jpg
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello! it's been a long time. Trying my hand with single items now. All items up for grabs! :)

nunr.jpg

EDIT: 1 is submitted!
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been waiting for Puck to get added! One of my favorite heroes to play.
    Webbed Wag Set
    2cx6fzm.jpg
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Warning: Content Dump Ahead!
    My sincerest apologies, don't really have the habit of posting updates on my own thread...

Me and Jequito(the one who helped me with my first item, he's awesome) are working on a meepo set and would like for some crits!

The initial concept was meepo being a mountain climber searching for riftshadow crystals in caves. This can be seen in the initial stages of conceptualization as seen from the below individual slots (especially the head slot)

Here are some developments:
    rbz6ll.jpg
    24qsm60.jpg
    dz9fp.jpg
    iedsn6.jpg
    15mo3eg.jpg

However as I progressed to the back slot, we realised that his lore was somewhat incompatible with him wearing winter-themed gear as he mostly lives in or around ruins. That is mostly found in arid environments.
    Thus, I came up with alternate headgear since it was the one that looked like it explicitly will be worn in a cold environment.

4juquw.jpg

I'd like some feedback on the head pieces and maybe some ideas on how to improve them. Thanks!
  • ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    Look for a theme for the meepo set then try to make a whole Set out of it, I choose a ninja like theme for my meepo set will be finished soon. :D
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is a lot of great stuff, I should come to this thread sooner.
    Anyway, I liked all the designs but if I were you, I would select the top right head, and as for the weapons I liked the first and the second one but I think in first one you should add more crystal so they can seen ingame, and for second, I would make the crystal a lot bigger to get some attention on it. And I liked the way you put all of your back design into a one ultimate backpack, I dont know about tri limit but if Jequito manages to make it ı am sure it would be awesome. From now I will be following this thread for progress, I hope you guys manage to make it to the ingame :D
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for the replies and kind words! The theme was initially "Multitudinous Mountaineer" but was afraid that it strayed too far from his lore. We are still quite partial on the overall theme at the moment but thank you for your input and encouragement!
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a quick update on the weapon for the meepo set!
    262pf9j.jpg
  • Markopolo123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been awhile! As I'm gearing up to move to Melbourne for uni, I've not been able to really sit down and draw. Here's what I've got so far for the meepo set though.

2ro0rpv.jpg
    2gv54bo.jpg
    aa5i0.jpg
    2a636op.jpg

As you can see, we've decided to stick to the mountain climber theme for him. Personally, I can't really decide on some details of the set and will most likely have multiple styles to some of the slots, such as the head.

I do need some feedback on the weapon slot as I'm not sure whether it is too complex or whether it doesn't explain itself adequately.
  • Pastat7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message