Home Stickies

What Are You Working On? 2014 Edition

Replies

• Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Crosspost from my thread : ) Making a proper highpoly for my giganormous doors during the weekend! Modo + meshfusion ftw.

Door04.jpg
    Door05.jpg
    Door06.jpg
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    I have a blockout from the Renwick Gallery in Washington. Some elements are still missing. I'll put it into UE4 as a next step.

I tried to plan this as much as possible and make everything from modular pieces.

blockout_grey.jpg
    blockout_color.jpg
  • rodgon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rodgon polycounter
    Hi everyone! As always many inspiring artwork here! :D

Here is a cartoon sketch 3D with Zbrush. Trying to achieve some cartoon's likeness. :)
    Based on the concept art of Tony Neto.

[vv]93050278[/vv]

dog1.jpg
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
  • Alchimi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alchimi polycounter lvl 4
    Awesome work all of you guys! Some serious art skills going on here!
    Learning zbrush with the help of Ben Mauro's tut, here's the current stage of a chimp bust I'm doing:
    jhx8S0A.jpg

I first sculpted the skull, (which is now covered by the flesh):
    zPkAJVe.jpg

Hopefully I'll finish it in the coming weeks and move on to the next sculpt.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    just thought I would share a few things i have done of late. this was a job for prada NYC
    318f0bc01a65532444b8e099ae0fe7b5.png
    me and another artist( lucas Cuenca) did the zbrush models, rendering by carl burgess
    276f8a1f5ac7251ab9dd70721d4998b7.png
    aa2b3e6fd042ac21d9433322e9c3453c.png

each 1 posed and clothed in about a day
  • pavaks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pavaks polycounter lvl 8
    Hi. And few works from me :)
    0_104697_c61b5572_orig
    0_104673_b6b751c0_orig
  • gLitterbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gLitterbug polycounter lvl 5
    Getting into Unreal Engine 4 and this whole Physically Batty Rendering thing.

goldenBatAward.jpg

Chocolate Banana Bats, my favorites.

chocoBat.jpg
  • Intervain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Intervain polycounter lvl 13
    Snefer that looks really cool!

I'm working on this :poly142:

Neon_004.jpg
  • tsmith3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tsmith3d ngon master
    Did a Kaiju design. Was looking allot at Carlos Huante's masterful anatomy techniques.1491741_595628633877284_6828984074902086043_n.jpg
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Welp turns out I wasn't down with this. lulz. Now I am though.
    Re-did the lighting and pushed some materials a bit more.
    l4iW4P9.jpg
  • juniez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juniez polycounter lvl 10
    8qHix.jpg

started a thing today
  • Denicon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Denicon polycounter lvl 11
  • Nathan M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nathan M polycounter lvl 4
    Well after creeping on this site for a long, I finally decided to make an account and showcase my work. I finish my course in 2 weeks, and this piece will be part of my final portfolio, so any feedback would be great:

2vjbsl0.png

icvin5.png

2exlohw.png
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks, Mr Significant! By OP, I assume you mean Overpowered? :p

Mini update, more on this thread:

4bw4.png
  • Scythe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scythe greentooth
    @Magdalena : love the style and cloth sculpting. planning on doing some renders or gameres ?
  • David3D.The
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IJOavxh.jpg?1

Chair 2 - A Sequel to Chair
  • leleleo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleleo polycounter lvl 10
    hey guys , here is the first wip of a dwarf based on caio monteiro concept.

dwarf_wip.jpg

hope you enjoy and pls feel free so c&c him as much as you want.
  • edwardsomatic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

zq7b.jpg

Absolutely love this piece, the design is fantastic.
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    Nathan M wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Long time creeper, but finally made an account to show my work to everyone and get some feedback.

f2ovms.png

2hyynth.png

2e1drbo.png

man that scene brings back memories -- the geo is oldskool :D
  • lamar McHaney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamar McHaney polycounter lvl 9
    A few months ago I finished the december noob challenge but I never posted it here.

13744520753_455f622377_o.jpg

13744522313_87340d9434_o.jpg

13744890084_4088ea4ed8_o.jpg

13744476965_0db461a0f2_o.jpg

Thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128591

I also recently finished my new website.

http://lamarmchaney.tumblr.com/
    tumblr_n4jxn7nmGm1tzjjqbo1_1280.jpg
  • Scythe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scythe greentooth
    updating my thread with all kind of sillies..

2vt8tp0.jpg
  • Shadyra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadyra polycounter lvl 9
    Hello guys! here is my armor set i am working on, for elven cleric female for MMO Dawn os Ascension, hope you like :)

ryZKvYw.jpg
    B4BdYgm.jpg
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    tor do you even model?
    ;)
  • Mr Significant
  • Pudd'nhead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pudd'nhead polycounter lvl 2
    Hi guys! That's my first post on polycount. And here is my WIP of RPG-7. High poly is finished, next low poly and texturing

edit?usp=sharingedit?usp=sharingedit?usp=sharingedit?usp=sharing
  • Pudd'nhead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pudd'nhead polycounter lvl 2
  • vickgaza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vickgaza polycounter lvl 6
    Some texture work for a fun project, during lunchtime and after work :) Crits are most appreciated. Vick.
    OgkG5k1.jpg
    fcEw3ks.jpg
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    madmax13 polycounter lvl 5
    Well after creeping on this site for a long, I finally decided to make an account and showcase my work. I finish my course in 2 weeks, and this piece will be part of my final portfolio, so any feedback would be great:

2vjbsl0.png

icvin5.png

2exlohw.png
    Dude did you do all the modelling , or just the environment lighting and texture ..... cause it looks like the render challenge model @ http://www.3drender.com/challenges/hauntedhallway/index.htm or is it just me ?
  • Stockwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Significant, I really liked that piece. Simple and good lighting and great display of environment foliage, reusable rocks, etc. is great! Nice job. Is this part of a bigger environment.

Only critique btw is some stretching in your uv's or geo in the foliage in the bottom left. Also easily noticeable under the rock second from the left.
  • Lloydyy89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    madmax13 wrote: »
    Dude did you do all the modelling , or just the environment lighting and texture ..... cause it looks like the render challenge model @ http://www.3drender.com/challenges/hauntedhallway/index.htm or is it just me ?

It's all his own work. I think his project was to recreate the scene from a concept. :)

Here's a popcorn machine I have been working on. I've been getting into dDo. Can't wait for the new tools. I think the rubber wheels need some tweaking. Wish I could get the same results as toolbag in UDK, my metals suck. :(

Textured:

PopcornMachineFinal.PNG

High Poly:

PopcornMachine2.png
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lloydyy89 wrote: »
    It's all his own work. I think his project was to recreate the scene from a concept. :)

Then all i can say is he got that concept down to every detail :thumbup:
  • Nathan M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I modelled everything from the concept art piece I have in my concept art folder. Everything I have done in my work. I was actually only told about this website and its challenge after my hand in by another tutor I have at university. Didnt even know it existed...
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I modelled everything from the concept art piece I have in my concept art folder. Everything I have done in my work. I was actually only told about this website and its challenge after my hand in by another tutor I have at university. Didnt even know it existed...

Well i tell you what .... how you managed to get it look and be of a similar scale without ever seeing the website ... i wasnt being funny dude but if i saw that in your portfolio and you were saying you did everything i would think youhad directly plagarised it from the site ... you should be very careful because if you do use it people may well think you got the model from that site . I for one if i was interviewing you would be very suspicious ... just a bit of friendly advice is all
  • Nathan M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i tell you what .... how you managed to get it look and be of a similar scale without ever seeing the website ... i wasnt being funny dude but if i saw that in your portfolio and you were saying you did everything i would think youhad directly plagarised it from the site ... you should be very careful because if you do use it people may well think you got the model from that site . I for one if i was interviewing you would be very suspicious ... just a bit of friendly advice is all

Thank you for the advice, I will take it on bored. Once my portfolio is fully done complete breakdowns of the textures and models will be included to stop this kind of thing happening. In todays society you cant be to careful.
  • Dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dee
    Lots of content in a very short amount of time!

edGScee.png

8Q2AUNp.png
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the advice, I will take it on bored. Once my portfolio is fully done complete breakdowns of the textures and models will be included to stop this kind of thing happening. In todays society you cant be to careful.

I mean you have to admit dude .... very very similar apart from textures and lighting ...
    yours ....
    2vjbsl0.png

Copyright © 2007 Neha Kakkar
    Nehak_459.jpg
  • Nathan M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I mean you have to admit dude .... very very similar apart from textures and lighting ...
    yours ....
    2vjbsl0.png

Copyright © 2007 Neha Kakkar
    Nehak_459.jpg

Granted they look similar. But there are major differences at the same time. I mean if you take the staircase for example, the scale, size, width, and detail is complelty different from one and another. Plus the modelling required here is not complex, meaning results could look similar.
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Granted they look similar. But there are major differences at the same time. I mean if you take the staircase for example, the scale, size, width, and detail is complelty different from one and another. Plus the modelling required here is not complex, meaning results could look similar.
    Come on dude it has the same elements same number of steps in the stair ... same curves in the wire ... same wood detail near the light ... , its a copy ... are you trolling me or something seriously ... i think you are ... thats my last word on the matter ... but too me its looks like the same .... let the others on here decide ...
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    its not the same there are a different number of ridges on the decoration of the wall strut. Different number of bars in the railing. Different number of subdivisions in the wires. I could go on.

get over it dude. Thats like a page of you claiming something you dont have evidence of.
  • Poly-Jon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poly-Jon polycounter lvl 13
    Shameless X Post from my thread where am giving this guy away for FREE

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134199

Stl_Shot_s_zps69b53389.jpg
  • juniez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juniez polycounter lvl 10
    Come on dude it has the same elements same number of steps in the stair ... same curves in the wire ... same wood detail near the light ... , its a copy ... are you trolling me or something seriously ... i think you are ... thats my last word on the matter ... but too me its looks like the same .... let the others on here decide ...

I imagine it's because they're both based off the same concept seen here:

http://antifan-real.deviantart.com/art/The-Room-10686622
    The_Room_by_ANTIFAN_REAL.jpg
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    You have to be careful with calling people out so harshly. There is no definitive proof for it being a ripped piece of work, so you cant just call someone out like that. There are some similarities, but there are also enough differences to give Nathan the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, if he is lying than he is only hurting himself, so it doesn't really matter.
    I think you are going to need to do something with your scene to push it a little further away from those lighting challenge scenes. If the person reviewing your portfolio recognizes the scene and thinks that it might be a ripped off piece than they are just going to throw your application away. It is important to give your potential employers no reason to doubt the integrity of your art work, and also see that you can do this scene better than anybody else out there.
  • madmax13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER wrote: »
    You have to be careful with calling people out so harshly. There is no definitive proof for it being a ripped piece of work, so you cant just call someone out like that. There are some similarities, but there are also enough differences to give Nathan the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, if he is lying than he is only hurting himself, so it doesn't really matter.

I think you are going to need to do something with your scene to push it a little further away from those lighting challenge scenes. If the person reviewing your portfolio recognizes the scene and thinks that it might be a ripped off piece than they are just going to throw your application away. It is important to give your potential employers no reason to doubt the integrity of your art work.

I agree dude .. this is what i was saying in the first place , i was trying to help him out as its a final project for uni/college i didnt want the guy to get called on it ... if it came across as a bit harsh ... Nathan i apologise :thumbup:
  • Lloydyy89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you are going to need to do something with your scene to push it a little further away from those lighting challenge scenes. If the person reviewing your portfolio recognizes the scene and thinks that it might be a ripped off piece than they are just going to throw your application away. It is important to give your potential employers no reason to doubt the integrity of your art work.

Maybe Nathan should have posted the piece of concept art up with his model, but isn't the whole point of recreating a scene in 3D to try to match it with the initial art, including lighting and colour?
  • Kehl123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Following on from Nathan i guess ill post my final 3D project up...

Blacksmith exterior with some assets... This is the final render with Post Processing applied through Photoshop.

121fsp2.jpg
  • Intervain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Intervain polycounter lvl 13
    Scythe wrote: »
    @Magdalena : love the style and cloth sculpting. planning on doing some renders or gameres ?

yes, I'm retopoing it now... want to test Marmo with this one :)
  • Nathan M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you are going to need to do something with your scene to push it a little further away from those lighting challenge scenes. If the person reviewing your portfolio recognizes the scene and thinks that it might be a ripped off piece than they are just going to throw your application away. It is important to give your potential employers no reason to doubt the integrity of your art work, and also see that you can do this scene better than anybody else out there.

Ok dokie, I will take that on bored and look at ways to adjust the scene and make it more unique compared to those challenge entries.
    I agree dude .. this is what i was saying in the first place , i was trying to help him out as its a final project for uni/college i didnt want the guy to get called on it ... if it came across as a bit harsh ... Nathan i apologise

I know you were trying to help, and I thank you. I know there is a lot of similarity to the scenes, and its enough to make people suspicious. Like I said introducing breakdowns or showing the original concept piece I worked from would of made this go less out of hand. But lessons learned.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    xpost from my thread, render and lighting tests

Lsvr9zT.jpg
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator

indeed. the primary difference is just the field of view of the camera, presumably so that he could get everything in shot. I think it's a good piece.
This discussion has been closed.