Toolbag 2 is on Steam! | Marmoset Toolbag 2 | News & Announcements

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    nksilver5 wrote: »
    ...the specular map...

when I load it, brighter values on it are supposed to appear white... Here, it appears dark... what am I missing ? Tried to tweak and mess around with it, still no result :(

Can you post a screenshot?
  • nksilver5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nksilver5 polycounter lvl 5
    Sure.

This is what I get with pure white on spec map like crazy, white intensity and fresnel both at max and Blinn-Phong Reflection.

Just tried it in toolbag 1, works perfect.

Am I missing something ?

00_2.jpg
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Hm, weird. How's the lighting look? That's all I can think of being the problem. Maybe Earthquake will know.
  • nksilver5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nksilver5 polycounter lvl 5
    Indeed, might be that. Changed the sky to desert road seems to work, but sucks a little bit :/

Thank you, will works with this setup for now :)
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    I noted some little things :

- When you load a substance (works great) you don't have the control for the texture size output. Would be nice to be able to control it. Currently the size seems fixed even if the substance is not.

1387473817-toolbag2_sizeoutput.jpg

- Grayscale output from Substance Designer are shifted.

1387473827-toolbag2_greyscale.jpg

- If you enter the "rename object" mode and use the "delete" key, you can rename an object with an empty name. Making it very hard to select if later.
    After that I didn't find a way to rename it properly by the way.

- Mesh are not reloaded when updated ? Not "auto-reload" mesh ?

- Is there a way to hide the object icons displayed in the viewport ?
    In Toolbag 1 it was possible to hide the dynamic lights without disabling them.

- Would be nice to get back the focus function (F key, like in maya).

- Same idea, it would be nice to get back the CTRL key that we used in Toolbag 1 for rotating a mesh. I found this function useful when I was testing textures with the dynamic skies on a plane for example.

- I'm really not fan of the new way for applying color correction, why removing the RGB sliders ?
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    Are you aware of anything beyond mesh size that would cause an .obj to crash Toolbag? I don't see any complaints in the pages I have perused, so I wonder if there is something silly I am doing. I was just messing around with some old projects, and I had crashes when I tried importing an .obj from Modo (the meshes had different materials applied to them in Modo - so, I'm not sure if that is the issue - I can test it tonight) and a decimated mesh from Zbrush. Most of my meshes from Zbrush imported fine, but I had a few that crashed TB repeatedly.
  • PhoenixWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhoenixWolf polycounter lvl 9
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    Well, since secondary spec can't load unique textures, the best way to get that look is probably the same thing I did with the eyeball example earlier in the thread.

1. Make your undercoat material
    2. Duplicate the mesh chunks that you want the car paint shader on
    3. Set up a glossy material with additive specular. Add a displacement slot with a grey image and the smallest amount of displacement that pushes it past the base mesh

carpaint01.gif

Works for carbon fiber clear coat type materials too.

28641637.jpg

awesome man!:poly142::thumbup:
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, I installed this at work to preview a work mesh since my engine install was broken for the day...but now when I try to run at home it asks me to re-authorize...and never sends me the validation e-mail.
  • smokechok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skin and displacement test with marmoset, im im getting serious issues with close geometry
    cara.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure (very nice mini tut btw ;) )
    here is small chart

and here are meshes: (weird is, for second bug you need to load (any) normal map into normal slot, otherwise problem wont occur, also marmo1 did this with same mesh)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62830198/forums/marmobug.rar

Thanks for the files, the precession bug should be fixed in the next build, the optimize thing we’re not sure about, that may be a Max bug.

4f6f3b wrote: »
    Started playing around with Substance materials and when using "Metalness Map" it doesn't seem to want to map anything into that slot.
    4f6f3b wrote: »
    Also, not sure if this is intentional, but if I update a .sbsar in SD4 I have to manually re-load it in Toolbag and then click "Place Textures" for it to update.

Sorry we’ve got some issue with Substance files out of SD4, we got this feature in before SD4 was released, we’re going to have to add full SD4 support with a later update.

ZacD wrote: »
    Me thinks you should include some of these example material/shader set ups with the full version of Marmoset.

Well these last couple that I’ve shown require two materials/chunks to work so its not something that could be added as a simple preset. Though I can probably put up an example zip for it and link it here/in the main thread.

Indeed, might be that. Changed the sky to desert road seems to work, but sucks a little bit :/

Thank you, will works with this setup for now ONyo3QfhozCR7kurJfFaJtzrZUW2R6J8Gfqq2fJju1zHth9h709n7xqv2lpHiAublZwCOCwTj5IpxPKtAYLEEagrjq5X_2yc3sTjlvSDQHSR93eV6Y6Q1w9-6Q

Could you post a screenshot with the model, and your material settings?

A few things:

How specular reflection works, white = a value of 1.0, which means that all light hitting the object will be reflected. If the light/image based lighting is darker than white, it will reflect that color. White doesn’t mean you’ll get white highlights persay. So if your sky light or dynamic lights are dark, what you’re seeing is probably what is expected. Add some child lights to the sky by clicking in the light editor to get more contrast to your lighting.

Additionally, it looks like your gloss is really low. Idealy you would have a gloss map and the reflective scractes would be white in the gloss map (glossy). When you have a low gloss value or a rough/matte matterial, the highlight is spread out wider and more dim.

Froyok wrote: »
    I noted some little things :
    Froyok wrote: »

- When you load a substance (works great) you don't have the control for the texture size output. Would be nice to be able to control it. Currently the size seems fixed even if the substance is not.

- Grayscale output from Substance Designer are shifted.

Thanks for the feedback, SD support is still a little rough.

- If you enter the "rename object" mode and use the "delete" key, you can rename an object with an empty name. Making it very hard to select if later.
    After that I didn't find a way to rename it properly by the way.

Good catch.

- Mesh are not reloaded when updated ? Not "auto-reload" mesh ?

Mesh auto-reloading is not currently in, it will likely be added in a future update.

- Is there a way to hide the object icons displayed in the viewport ?
    In Toolbag 1 it was possible to hide the dynamic lights without disabling them.

Coming very soon.

- Would be nice to get back the focus function (F key, like in maya).

Its there, just ctrl+F now for selected object, ctrl+shift+F for entire scene

- Same idea, it would be nice to get back the CTRL key that we used in Toolbag 1 for rotating a mesh. I found this function useful when I was testing textures with the dynamic skies on a plane for example.

- I'm really not fan of the new way for applying color correction, why removing the RGB sliders ?

We may look into adding/expanding on these features in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

dtschultz wrote: »
    Are you aware of anything beyond mesh size that would cause an .obj to crash Toolbag? I don't see any complaints in the pages I have perused, so I wonder if there is something silly I am doing. I was just messing around with some old projects, and I had crashes when I tried importing an .obj from Modo (the meshes had different materials applied to them in Modo - so, I'm not sure if that is the issue - I can test it tonight) and a decimated mesh from Zbrush. Most of my meshes from Zbrush imported fine, but I had a few that crashed TB repeatedly.

There is a known bug where certain meshes (sometimes from zbrush) take a very time to load, which looks like TB has crashed. What happens if you just let it try to load for a half hour or so an not force close it?

Unfortunately this bug seems to be very hardware dependant and we’ve haven’t been able to reproduce it yet. But please feel free to upload your problematic mesh and we will check it out.

Thanks

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, I installed this at work to preview a work mesh since my engine install was broken for the day...but now when I try to run at home it asks me to re-authorize...and never sends me the validation e-mail.

Hey Ryan,

First off, check your spam to make sure its not getting thrown in there. Secondly, one thing that I notice when I do it, is that it will get added to an existing gmail thread, and because the text is the same as the last, it will be hidden as a quote.

If that doesn't help, please contact support@marmoset.co with your user ID and any other relevant info and Mark will sort you out.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    smokechok wrote: »
    skin and displacement test with marmoset, im im getting serious issues with close geometry

Sorry, but if this image is meant to show the issues you're having I can't see them here. Please highlight the problems that you're having or upload a photo that shows them.

Thanks
  • smokechok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Ryan,

First off, check your spam to make sure its not getting thrown in there. Secondly, one thing that I notice when I do it, is that it will get added to an existing gmail thread, and because the text is the same as the last, it will be hidden as a quote.

If that doesn't help, please contact support@marmoset.co with your user ID and any other relevant info and Mark will sort you out.

sorry it was just a test not the issue,

here are the wired artifacts---

if i increase the mesh size/image resolution x2/antialiasing... with and without lights... the problem still there

issues.jpg
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rikk The Gaijin polycounter lvl 6
    Well, since secondary spec can't load unique textures, the best way to get that look is probably the same thing I did with the eyeball example earlier in the thread.

1. Make your undercoat material
    2. Duplicate the mesh chunks that you want the car paint shader on
    3. Set up a glossy material with additive specular. Add a displacement slot with a grey image and the smallest amount of displacement that pushes it past the base mesh

carpaint01.gif

Works for carbon fiber clear coat type materials too.
    Oh this looks quite nice! Can you show a screenshot of the shader?
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    is it only me or did the new update break AO? the fuzz also seems weird but it might just be that i fucked up something in my scene xD

this is the scene i cant get Ao to show up, just trying to push the skin shader to the best of my abilities xD

anthony2.jpg
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I think I got it, thanks EarthQuake!

jDVh06C.jpg
  • CharlieD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharlieD polycounter lvl 11
    I'm a little confused. I was looking through the marmoset.co gallery and saw environments. You can do environments in the toolbag?
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    Hey, EarthQuake. Here's a link to one of the decimated Zbrush files that is causing Toolbag to crash (and as a side note - it crashes immediately (no hanging)). I checked it in Modo and an Octane demo I have, and I don't see any issues, but there is obviously something going on. Thanks for checking into it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4phezit5fz0g2i/versailles_urn_versailles_urn_FINAL_decimate_02.7z
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    CharlieD wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. I was looking through the marmoset.co gallery and saw environments. You can do environments in the toolbag?

You can get enviroments working in Marmo, just be aware you aren't going to have radiosity, or be able to bake or use lightmaps, and there's no terrtain shaders. There's also only basic tools for moving and scaling meshes, so you'll want to make most of the scene put together how you want it before putting it in Marmo2.
  • wdcstudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wdcstudios polycounter lvl 8
    I couldn't resist jumping on the band wagon and posting some model and material test.

Muddy Wet Grass
    material_test_sm.jpg
    Turntable with a few other materials
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeBsX3_1xOw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoHCrMy8ngw8imQxMq7qm4Q"]Marmoset ToolBag2 Material Test - YouTube[/ame]

Fantasy Shield Game Model
    shield_turntable_small.jpg
    Turntable
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3AWG9iV5xM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoHCrMy8ngw8imQxMq7qm4Q"]Fantasy Shield Game Model - YouTube[/ame]
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Huzzah for 2.02 and triangle and real vert counts!

Changelog from marmoset:
    • Object duplication (Ctrl+D)
    • Viewport icons are now smaller and hideable (Ctrl+U)
    • Shadow caster toggle for meshes
    • Mesh info display
    • Tangent-space option for vector displacement maps
    • Improved material preview sphere
    • Faster compressed TGA loading (about 4x)
    • Additional post effect presets
    • Window title now shows active file name
    • Tutorials & links now under “Help” menu
    • Credits window
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The carpaint shader looks quite nice

bPoBOWQ.jpg

However you can see the cuts in the UV seams and they break the smoothness of the reflection :(

dEd28i3.jpg
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    if you are using the anysotropic its the direction of the uvs that is guiding the direction of the anysotropic so you need to create a directional map to fix that although i am not aware that such an application exists so you would have to do it by hand which would be similar to painting a normal map
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I'm not using anysotropic :(
    This image shows the problem clearly
    I can provide the object if necessary

2GnujUK.jpg
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG what's going on?! After a couple of minutes, while I was moving the camera, black boxes started appearing all over the place, and the scene became like this!

138gHzH.jpg
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I've had the block box issue too! I sent a copy of the file to EarthQuake. It was on a high poly model, and it only happened on certain parts of the model at certain angles. I couldn't figure out what was causing it, but it does not apear to be a common issue.

The only things I can think of that we have in common is, a lot of seperate meshes, and a high poly model.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The black box issue was a problem with tangents being imported with meshes. It will be fixed in the next update, coming real soon. You guys will have to re-import your meshes though.

You can try exporting the meshes but not including tangents in the export options, which should fix it.

I'm not sure about the seams issue, but I assume it's something to do with the mesh normals or tangents, so mess with the export options and try fbx or obj. You can upload the mesh too and I'll check it out.
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    Testing some glass. The raindrop texture is kinda bad, but with some nice texture, getting the wet glass effect should be quite easy to do. I will try one at home tonight slightly foggy and whatnot. It should be fun :)

iIETEC3mG7p6T.gif
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx EarthQuake, here's the link of the file (includes just the chassis, which is the one that has the problem)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dikerq6xk7d66bm/cobra_chassis.zip
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    any chance of getting a feature to export renders with alpha channels seperating the background like in toolbag 1? also the ability to import your own background image like tb1 would be nice also
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Mik2121 wrote: »
    Testing some glass. The raindrop texture is kinda bad, but with some nice texture, getting the wet glass effect should be quite easy to do. I will try one at home tonight slightly foggy and whatnot. It should be fun :)

iIETEC3mG7p6T.gif

is that some new glass shader with refraction or am i just seeing things...
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally got a chance to mess with Marmoset 2 over the last couple days and, of course, it's awesome. There were a few things I missed or thought could be added so I composed a short list. Disclaimer, I haven't read through most of this thread so there's a good chance that these things have already been addressed, there's a good reason they are the way they are, or I'm just doing something wrong on my end.

Update Meshes
    This was probably the biggest issue I had when working with a large scene. Having to reimport and place a mesh every time there is a change to it can get quite tedious. Being able to have meshes update automatically (like textures) or at the click of a button would be extremely useful.

Duplicate Meshes
    Having the ability to duplicate a mesh is far from being my most desired feature, but it could be handy at times. For example, I working on a scene of a building on a street corner and for the final shot I wanted to be able to duplicate the building and place it behind the original to fill out the environment some more. As it is now I had to reimport the mesh a few more times and set up the materials on each section of the building.

New Objects Import Away From Camera
    It seems that when the only remaining mesh is deleted from the scene and a new one is imported, the new mesh will not appear in the same location, but rather in the center of the screen and a set distance from the camera. Since meshes do not currently auto update, there were a few occasions where I deleted a mesh to be replaced by an updated version, but since the new mesh was not in the same location I had to reposition the camera.

Lock Camera
    I loved being able to lock camera locations in Marmoset 1, both because it was nice for setting up angles to come back to later, and because I have a habit of always accidentally moving the current camera. Again, this may still be in Marmoset 2 and I'm just missing it.

Copy Settings To All Cameras
    Having to save a post process preset and load it in for all cameras in order to have consistency can be tedious. Having a button or the ability to toggle the current camera's settings to all other cameras would be nice.

Color Channels For Post Processing
    I used the individual color channel sliders under the contrast section in Marmoset 1 quite a bit. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to the new post process tools, but it'd be nice to have those again.

Up Axis Toggle
    I may have missed this, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the up axis of imported objects. The project I was working on required the up axis to be set to Z in Maya, so whenever I exported to Marmoset I had to rotate the model to the correct orientation.

Depth Of Field Falloff
    I haven't gotten that much time to mess with it yet, but so far I always get a sharp transition between the blurred and non-blurred areas when using DOF. When using DOF in UDK I tend to use the falloff amount to get a smoother transition.

Output Folder Setting Location
    I don't have Marmoset on the computer I'm typing this on, but if I remember correctly I found the current location for setting the render output folder to be strange. In my opinion it would work better in the capture drop down menu.

Multi Sub Object Materials
    When I was importing a mesh or group of meshes that required a large amount of materials, it got to be tedious to select the mesh and then find the right material to apply. I think it would be great if I could set a material ID in Max and then apply a single sub-object material in Marmoset than would respect the material IDs.

Interface Affects Vignette
    In the scene I was working on, it appeared that the vignette was moving along with the interface when I would toggle the interface on and off, which made it harder to determine what my final image would look like with the vignette.I would prefer to have the vignette locked to the screen size and not be affected by the interface, or at least have an option to disable it.

Choose Image Editor For Opening Captures
    I love the capture and open feature, but I would love it even more if I could pick what to open it with. *cough*Photoshop*cough*

Haze/Fog
    Fog is awesome for environments, yo.

Chromatic Abberation
    How will people know my art is next-gen without copious amounts of abberation?
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean VanGorder, agree with everything you said, just note that in version 2.02 you CAN duplicate objects, by pressing CTRL+D
  • wdcstudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wdcstudios polycounter lvl 8
    Thought I've give the Car paint a try with out displacement.
    car_paint.PNG
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hmm... about that car paint:

1. i'm pretty sure the fresnel colour multiplies with the specular colour, so if you have blue spec + pink fresnel, you'll actually end up with a purplish fresnel. it'll also be slightly darker due to multiplication.
    2. knowing the above, it might be better to have blue in the primary specular, and pink in the secondary specular.

REQUEST: is it possible for secondary reflection to have it's own microsurface input?
  • Avvi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avvi polycounter lvl 3
    Toolbag 2 is better than Blender's physical renderer :P http://developer.blender.org/T37899
    At least when it comes to predictable glossiness behaviour.

Maybe this question was raised before, but I couldn't find - Do you plan do add support for multiple materials per object and mixing them with a greyscale mask? The UE4 presentation on YT shows clearly that it's efficient now to tile a base texture, then add scratches on the top with different material.
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    @ Earthquake great update! Really like duplicate and the turn off shadow check box. Any word on a fix for the self shadowing issue?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    thanks for the duplicate feature update. quite useful.

now please just add the refraction material :poly142:
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Is there a way to snap objects to one another, say if you were lining up some modular pieces? Also can I rotate objects by a certain angle, like 45 or 90 degrees?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry it was just a test not the issue,

here are the wired artifacts---

if i increase the mesh size/image resolution x2/antialiasing... with and without lights... the problem still there

Ah ok, this is a known issue, though it was improved with 2.01 I believe. Have you updated to the latest version?

Azkur wrote: »
    is it only me or did the new update break AO? the fuzz also seems weird but it might just be that i fucked up something in my scene xD
    Azkur wrote: »

this is the scene i cant get Ao to show up, just trying to push the skin shader to the best of my abilities xD

The SSAO works differently with the skin shader than other materials. With the skin shader, it blurs the SSAO, you can adjust this with the occlusion blur slider. Play with this and let me know if you’re still having issues. The SSAO feature should not have changed in any way.

CharlieD wrote: »

You certainly can, with the new scene system its a lot easier to deal with multiple objects and build environments. As Zac says there is currently no radiosity solution, though you can bake AO onto a 2nd uv channel and load it into the occlusion slot.

Hey, EarthQuake. Here's a link to one of the decimated Zbrush files that is causing Toolbag to crash (and as a side note - it crashes immediately (no hanging)). I checked it in Modo and an Octane demo I have, and I don't see any issues, but there is obviously something going on. Thanks for checking into it!

Thanks, I’m getting the same crash here, I’ll send this file off to our engineers to look at.

mr_ace wrote: »
    any chance of getting a feature to export renders with alpha channels seperating the background like in toolbag 1?

This is already in, enable transparency in the image capture options, I like PSD. There may still be some bugs with it though, I think SSR bakes into the alpha map still.

also the ability to import your own background image like tb1 would be nice also

This is on the todo list.

You can easily import your own HDR IBL panoramas though, just load a pano image in the sky object properties.

I finally got a chance to mess with Marmoset 2 over the last couple days and, of course, it's awesome. There were a few things I missed or thought could be added so I composed a short list. Disclaimer, I haven't read through most of this thread so there's a good chance that these things have already been addressed, there's a good reason they are the way they are, or I'm just doing something wrong on my end.

Update Meshes

On the todo list.

Duplicate Meshes

In as of 2.02(last night hehe)

New Objects Import Away From Camera
    It seems that when the only remaining mesh is deleted from the scene and a new one is imported, the new mesh will not appear in the same location, but rather in the center of the screen and a set distance from the camera. Since meshes do not currently auto update, there were a few occasions where I deleted a mesh to be replaced by an updated version, but since the new mesh was not in the same location I had to reposition the camera.

Interesting, sounds like a bug. I’ll look into it.

Lock Camera

Object locking is on the todo list as well

Copy Settings To All Cameras
    Yeah, this is a good one.

You can duplicate cameras now, and you can also load/save post effect presets, which should get you some of that functionality

Color Channels For Post Processing

Yeah I want to see some more advanced settings here as well. What do you think about a lightroom style split toning setup, or a per-channel curve editor ala PS? Personally this is how I do color grading when processing photos.

Up Axis Toggle

We need to get some general scene translation stuff going on, like scaling/unit options, I’ll see if I can get them to sneak this in when we do that.

Depth Of Field Falloff

I would like to see some more advanced options here too. Try playing with the near/far background blur sliders for now.

Output Folder Setting Location

Yeah, this was like that originally, and then got changed to a global default, but I think we need both.

Multi Sub Object Materials

On the todo list

Interface Affects Vignette

Yeah I think we need some sort of safe-frame system for this and various other things, this is on the todo list.

Choose Image Editor For Opening Captures

You can, just set the default for that file format to be photoshop in windows.

Haze/Fog
    Indeed, I’ll add another vote for this

Chromatic Abberation
    How will people know my art is next-gen without copious amounts of abberation?
    On to the todo list as well. Thanks so much for the feedback Sean!

hmm... about that car paint:

1. i'm pretty sure the fresnel colour multiplies with the specular colour, so if you have blue spec + pink fresnel, you'll actually end up with a purplish fresnel. it'll also be slightly darker due to multiplication.
    2. knowing the above, it might be better to have blue in the primary specular, and pink in the secondary specular.

This is not correct, Fresnel strength and color is independant of the base specular value.

REQUEST: is it possible for secondary reflection to have it's own microsurface input?

Honestly what I would really like to see is a custom spec and gloss map there, possibly even normal map as well, but I don’t know how feasible this is. I’ll add it to the suggestion list. For now try the duplicate mesh + add blending workflow and you should be able hack it together yourself

Avvi wrote: »
    Toolbag 2 is better than Blender's physical renderer :P
    At least when it comes to predictable glossiness behaviour.

Maybe this question was raised before, but I couldn't find - Do you plan do add support for multiple materials per object and mixing them with a greyscale mask? The UE4 presentation on YT shows clearly that it's efficient now to tile a base texture, then add scratches on the top with different material.

We do plan on adding a layered material system. When and exactly how it will work is still up in the air.

stevston89 wrote: »
    @ Earthquake great update! Really like duplicate and the turn off shadow check box. Any word on a fix for the self shadowing issue?

We still need to look into it further.

MM wrote: »
    thanks for the duplicate feature update. quite useful.
    MM wrote: »

now please just add the refraction material YfZF-xfRsia6Fl3AmXw7v-K98gn8qUWC2Y6BwbtG4fUoQVJDdgEhdFOuO-_s7-kg-pJZQWNmZFBhP7GDvrIEp-MkgXJs57BH4KSXzpVZuMZIDYStKIEtwKkxiQ

=P

Is there a way to snap objects to one another, say if you were lining up some modular pieces? Also can I rotate objects by a certain angle, like 45 or 90 degrees?

Not currently, if there is a lot of interest for this we may consider adding it in the future.

• GregStrangis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some really cool work being put out with the new Marmo! I have had a chance to start using it a week or so ago with a current project I am working on at home. Really really enjoying it and loving how fast and responsive everything is. Couple of things still wishing for, but I will touch on that when I get the chance to test some more assets with it. Anyways here is a WIP of something I am doing at home. Tried the original lowres head at 3.9k, but was getting some artifacts so imported the lvl 2 mesh and things reading much better. No Displacement here, just Normal for his face. Eyebrows,WIP Hair,eyelashes,nosehair all hair planes. Beard is fibermesh

gregstrangis-52b498b515be63d.jpg

gregstrangis-52b4992015be65b.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh this looks quite nice! Can you show a screenshot of the shader?

carpaintui01.jpg

Heres the shader, I'm actually using some fuzz here too.

And here is the scene itself: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/499159/carpaintcontent01.zip

Grainy metal materials are from Quixel scan content, carbon fiber normal map is some random thing I GIS'd, you can probably get the same effect with secondary spec and an anisotropic direction map instead of a normal map for the carbon fiber.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New build: 2.02
    As some of you have already realized, 2.02 is out, new features include object duplication, shadow casting per-mesh toggle, tangent space vector displacement map support, new post effect presets and more. We've also fixed a variety bugs including some issues with vector displacement, obj precision out of max, that weird black box tangent issue, and few other things.

Full changelog here.

Also:

Skyshop Skin Shader Tutorial - Andres Reinot wrote a great tutorial for the skin shader in Skyshop, it doesn't all transfer over but the skyshop shader is basically a port of the one in TB2, so much of it is the same. Special thanks to Peter “Zipp Zopp” Zoppi - www.zopfx.com for lending us the art content.
  • Berth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone!
    I wanted to test my displacement map, but my mesh "explode", and it split at the uv seams.
    Any idea where the problem might come from? :(

610846test.png
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Berth wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    I wanted to test my displacement map, but my mesh "explode", and it split at the uv seams.
    Any idea where the problem might come from? :(

First off, you probably have the displacement scale set too high. This is making all the little details, pores, etc pop in/out way more than they should. Try turning the scale down.

Secondly, gaps at UV seams are unfortunately a problem with GPU based displacement shaders. We're reliant on what the GPU driver does for this technique, so there isn't anything we can do on our end to fix it. You will want to try to minimize UV seams or hide them behind other objects where you're able, when working with displacement in Toolbag.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx EarthQuake, here's the link of the file (includes just the chassis, which is the one that has the problem)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dikerq6xk7d66bm/cobra_chassis.zip

Thanks for the file. I'm getting the same problem even after re-exporting from Maya. We've seen similar issues to this, and its in our bug system, so hopefully we can get it fixed at some point.
  • monster.insane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster.insane polycounter lvl 3
    Hello everybody! Here is my old stuff, try to render turnable in MT2 :poly136:

vHR.jpg

And video turnable here, i've use AE to adjust some color :\ (watch it in HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ZXmcNt90U&feature=youtu.be

These skin shader work so nice :thumbup:
  • --E--
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- polycounter lvl 11
    Tangent space vector displacement maps appear to be working better, but I think there is a bug with lights that cast shadow.

Using zbrushes vector displacement map diagnostic file I get a strange occlusion happening on every sphere after I add a shadow casting light to the scene. This does not occur if the vector displacement tangent space is not checked in marmoset or if I turn off shadow casting on the light.

It also occurs with every single light type, point, directional and spot. As long as Cast Shadows and tangent space is checked, there is the below bug.

cast_shadows_off.jpg

castt_shadows_on.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    --E-- wrote: »
    Tangent space vector displacement maps appear to be working better, but I think there is a bug with lights that cast shadow.

Using zbrushes vector displacement map diagnostic file I get a strange occlusion happening on every sphere after I add a shadow casting light to the scene. This does not occur if the vector displacement tangent space is not checked in marmoset or if I turn off shadow casting on the light.

It also occurs with every single light type, point, directional and spot. As long as Cast Shadows and tangent space is checked, there is the below bug.

Thats odd, I'm not seeing that here. What system specs/os/gpu/etc do you have?
  • Daedalus51
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daedalus51 polycounter lvl 5
    Man, got the Demo a couple of days ago and quickly tried it....totally fell in love with it :D Awesome stuff guys!

or1c.png

nd4o.png

eiki.png