Home Dota 2

Rob's Dota Junk!

robl
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
robl polycounter lvl 7
Hey all!

My name is Rob and I'm a concept artist as well as a big Dota fan. I've been tossing around the idea of creating some items as a way to keep busy after work. I'd also like to use this as a way to teach myself Zbrush and all the other bits of the process I never get to touch at my day job. I've been creeping these forums the past few weeks and picking up some really awesome insights and seen a ton of inspirational work. A warning though--I haven't done any meaningful 3D work since school so this should be a really interesting train wreck for you all to witness haha.

I figure it makes the most sense to start with a few single weapons before jumping into a full set so I've been working on a bunch of quick concepts to see what I want to move forward with, focusing mainly on big shapes and fitting the default character. So far I've tossed together a Rubick staff just because I love him and also a few Omni maces to go with his new color scheme. It's been a total blast so far. I'm also open to the idea of collaborating with people if I have the time. I think as of right now I can offer help with concepts, (potentially) texturing, and promotional art.

Anyways, here are a bunch of jpegs.

mc2h.jpg

atlm.jpg

wulx.jpg

5ius.jpg

Replies