Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] Skygate

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
rambooze polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys, here is my another personal project named Skygate. I've been messing with it last few months once in a while but in the wrong direction (the result I got was unsophisticated and simple). Initially I wanted to make just some interior scenes and take a couple screenshots but eventually I decided to create a big scene with indoor and outdoor scenery and make a video like I did with my Toxic Caves. After a long romance with UDK this time I decided to work with CryEngine3 to try out what the beast is, so it will be kinda challenge for me to learn new tool.

Backstory: Skygate is a big corporation that first invented an upper atmosphere flights in 2083 and after that they are still maintain a monopoly in that field. These kind of flights are really fast and economically reasonable (you can get from London to New York just in 30 minutes) First time they had a lot of problems with landings and take offs due to sophisticated construction of the shuttles. It was expensive because shuttles consumed a lot of fuel taking off as well as more dangerous. After 10 years of service they finally invented another feature - a space elevator. They managed to build special hubs in the upper atmosphere and get people there by elevators. Shuttles now need to fly just between these hubs without landing on Earth, flights became safety and more affordable.

Here is a quick blockmesh of one of those hubs, I'll probably change some design features in future as well as replace everything with more detailed geometry. I want to make industrial looking outdoor and more refined and clean indoor area.

vd6q.jpg
vw8t.jpg
s71f.jpg
v294.jpg
9ln7.jpg

I also have some old indoor stuff. I'll try to maintain the same mood and style but gonna add some details to gemetry and textures.

epgw.jpg
vosr.jpg

I don't have a lot of time on my hands but I'll try to have an update at least once a week or two. Crits and comments are welcome.

Replies