Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Tool] UDK Environment Toolkit v0.3

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Sythen polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys,

Over the last while I've taken my hand to Maxscript and started development on a plugin, that hopefully will allow environment artists to have a much smoother experience with exporting their models to UDK.

The reason why I created this Toolkit is that often I reuse my modular pieces to develop my full blockout within Max. I then do not want to have to change the max file to suit exporting to UDK needs. This toolkit allows me to maintain both my overall scene and my exports safely to UDK.

Features:
  • Initial Setup - Set Unreal Units, Gridsizes, and add a Player Reference model in the scene.
  • Environment Manager - Control all of your scene's final Modular pieces.
  • Env Manager #2 - Usual features, Freeze, Select allow you to isolate your final pieces from the rest of the Max scene.
  • Export - Select your environment asset folder, and export all of your modular pieces to the directory (files named after model file in max)
  • Export At Center - Moves each modular piece to grid center relative to the pivot point, then after export moves the model back to it's original position
  • Reimport with ease - Because this tool overrides any of the modular pieces with the same name. Allowing you to quickly reimport to UDK and update all of your modular pieces.

Right now these are the features available within the Toolkit. I have plans to further create a seamless user experience between 3Ds Max and UDK.

Scriptspot Download:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/udk-environment-toolkit

Youtube Video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjE10toMCRY"]UDK Environment Toolkit v0.2 - YouTube[/ame]
(slightly older, same functionality except freeze, select etc.)

Hopefully this tool will help some of you. It's made my life, and my studio's life a lot easier.

Happy Arting!
Scott 'Sythen' Baker.

Replies