Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sixtk's Sketchbook

Hey Everyone,
I have really wanted to start posting more of my work on here. I have really improved over this past year and I am really digging the results of my hard work and want to share them with everyone here. I still have a LOT to learn still when it comes to all avenues of my art, but I am looking forward to it and can't wait to see where it goes. I'd appreciate any critiques that can further improve my art and I hope you enjoy it.

- Thanks

I am doing a character bust in my spare time. The actor’s name is John Slattery, he is more recently known for his role in Mad Men, but he has been in plenty of other stuff. This took me quite a few hours to get to this stage and I still have a lot to go. I need to build out his suit, hat and cigarette. Uv’s need to be done and the textures as well. This project is still going to be quite a long venture, but I will post updates with what I have as soon as I can.Enjoy!!!

Programs Used:

- Zbrush

tumblr_mvrkpu0lYd1qh8lloo1_r2_1280.jpg

Here is an update for my Fish Butler Character I have been working on. I am really liking the direction it is heading in. I have completed the UV's and finished the Retopo for this project, so now it is on to Texturing this bad boy. Really excited to mess with some colors and get this guy looking cool!

Programs Used:

-Zbrush, Maya

tumblr_mvrn9gZyNw1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvrn9gZyNw1qh8lloo2_1280.jpg

Here is my WIP 2 of Voldemort!!! Going to do a bust from the Abdomen up. Pretty excited to keep working on this project. Next, I will tackle the teeth, body, cape and wand (which I am pretty excited to do) and will also continue to adjust my texture maps. Critiques and comments welcome! Stay tunes for more!

Programs used:

- Zbrush

tumblr_mt1ewg9U161qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

Replies

• Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Hugh- Thanks man much appreciated!
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update on the Fish Butler I am working on. He is coming together really well, but I am still touching up a lot of the textures and setting up the lighting/render setup for this guy too. Critiques are welcome. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make my textures pop a little more that would help a ton. I feel like the suit is too dull and needs some adjusting.

Programs Used:

- Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Xnormal, 3D Coat

tumblr_mxkzp8dxSy1qh8lloo1_500.jpg

http://ctirado.tumblr.com/image/69573223952
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here’s another update on my John Slattery bust. I mocked up some hair and adjusted some more of his proportions. I adjusted his philtrum, added some more weight to his cheeks and shifted his nose a bit in certain areas. Overall, I am happy where it is going. Still want to spend some time on the face, but next I will try to mock up his suit. Let me know what you think and feel free to comment and critique. Thanks!

Programs Used:

- Maya, Zbrush

tumblr_mxqnicWLhR1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In this update I went ahead and started the suit and got the beginnings of my wrinkles. Not too happy with them yet so I'll keep messing with them and gets some different variations. Also, I am going to try and add some noise to the suit to give it more of a cloth feel. Noise maker seems like the best, but if anyone has other recommendations please let me know. At this point I am going to start wrapping up the sculpting portion of this project and move to Retopo and UVs. I'll probably do some final tweaks to the face proportions, but I am looking forward to the end result. Comments and critiques are welcome. Enjoy!

Programs Used:

- Zbrush, Maya

tumblr_mxzp8nhjCF1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_mzbpfdmgbE1qh8lloo1_r1_1280.jpg

Hey everybody,

Here is another update on my John Slattery model. I have been working on the textures and the render for a couple days now and am starting to really enjoy my results. I still have a lot of adjustments to make on both the material and the textures. I am going to focus on:

-Getting more spec around the eyelids and ears

- Get some more pale yellows in the skin

- Keep working on the spec of the actual material

- Get some more color in the lips

- Add some more skin noise to my normal map

- And much more…..

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know?

I will be tackling the hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes in the next few days. Or at least the start of them. Also, the suit needs some adjusting and I will be starting the texturing for it soon. Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks!!!

Programs Used:
    -Maya,MentalRay,Zbrush
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_mzffnleDvS1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

Here is another project I am going to tackle on top of everything thing else I am doing. It's a friendly challenge that a friend from work is setting up and our concepts are these really rad Dwarves, all different based on the different elements (I'll get the name of the artist in my next post and give post his site). I am in the beginning stages of blocking out the base character. I know I am going way too much into the base body and it's going to be hidden, but it's okay, it's good practice. I need to work on a ton of the anatomy so that'll be the next challenge. With the legs being so small its rather difficult to put in correct anatomy in so I am doing a lot of adjusting and redoing. I jumped the gun of getting the anatomy started and ignored the base shapes I needed to nail first. All in all, it's a good start, but lots of work ahead.

Programs Used:

- Zbrush
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_n0nh38DYli1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

Another model for ye! Has nothing to do with pirates though. I was just concepting out a basic alien and I decided to run with it for a day or so. I wanted to shoot for an alien cop. I have been watching a lot of Almost Human, which is J.J. Abrahams new show on FOX. Even though there aren’t any aliens in it I did like the main characters outfit so I decided shoot for something super similar to that. Didn’t really know what to do with the back of the head so I just kept messing with it. I am still not happy with it, but I figured I’d keep trying new designs on seperate layers. Wrinkles for clothing need a ton of work and it isn’t as polished as I’d like it to be and he needs a badge of some sort, but all in all he was a fun project. Need to get back to my other sculpts for now, but I will post more of this guy in time.

Programs Used:

- Zbrush
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_n2rzf7Lp1h1qh8lloo1_r1_1280.jpg

Update number 3 for the Dwarf project. Got some more of the clothing blocked out and I am testing wrinkle patterns on some of the sashes and stuff. Still blocking out some things and need to switch to working on those rock arms. Toes need to be adjusted and I need to get some smaller objects done like the rope and little gems. All in all happy with the direction this is going. Crits and comments welcome! Enjoy!

Programs Used:
    -Zbrush
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_n2ylqwa9kt1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

Here is update number 4 for the Mountain Dwarf project I am working on. I did some mock ups for the hair and beard. I have a lot of tweaking to do with it, but I am happy with it for now. Since it is going to be sculpted hair, I was thinking of making the ends of the hair and pieces that break up the silhouette a bit stylized, but let me know what you guys think about that.I started the rock arm on his left arm (your right) a bit, but there is a ton more I want to do with it. It's too soft right now and I still want it to match the reference a bit more. I still have lots of little pieces to get blocked out. Like the diamond piece on the mid belt. Also, still messing with some wrinkles that I am not liking too much on the belt. Too bunched up for my taste.Feet need adjusting and need to start on the other glove. Slowly, but surely I am getting there, lot of work ahead of me, but this guy rocks!!! (See what I did there) Comments and critiques please!

Programs Used:
    - Zbrush, Maya
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calling this sculpting part of the Keanu "Neo" Reeves bust done for all intensive purposes. Still could use some fixes and and the glasses need to be finished, but I am happy with it. Modeled this for a couple weeks now, but its on to the next phase. I'll try to get some texturing done in the next couple of days and will start messing with the lighting too. Need to get him in pose, but Transpose Master will help with that. All in all a good experience with this project. Lots of goals met, but I will still continue pushing myself, "Til I am the very best, like no one ever was!!" Anyways comments and crits are welcome. Thanks!

P.S. I may due a Ted hairstyle too. I'll keep you posted!

Programs Used:
    -Zbrush and Maya

tumblr_n5su96FEVj1qh8lloo1_r2_1280.jpg
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a bust of Roger from MadMen, that I have recently started working on again. Here are two renders for you to check out. Skin textures will be added at a later date, so for now I’ll stick with a clayish render. I still have tweaks I want to make to the fabric materials and eventually get to setting up a hair system for him. I will also try and work on a better pose. Enjoy!

Programs Used: Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Mental Ray

tumblr_n8s1f2PiYx1qh8lloo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8s1f2PiYx1qh8lloo2_1280.jpg
  • Sixtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Everyone,
    This is my attempt at Keanu Reeves. I sculpted him out in Zbrush and did the hair using Fibermesh. Retopo was done in Maya and the render was done using Mental Ray. For now I will post a Clay render and I will continue working on the SSS, but I am going to take a break from this model for a bit.

There are still a lot of things I wanted to get right with this guy. I don't feel its there yet, but I have learned a ton from this project and its wayyy better from where I was a while ago. I would have loved to have shared the SSS, but its really not where I'd like it to be. The main issue I am running into is that when I mix the miss_fast_Shader2_x with a mia_material_x my displacement gets completely washed out. And the skin remains very waxy. Any suggestions on this would be great! Follow my WIP and I'll try and post where I am at with it.

Click here for Hi- Rez

Ill paste a link to my thread on Artstation so everyone can see the progress for the SSS.

https://sixtk.artstation.com/Sketches/W.I.P

Hope you like it!

Software: Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop

christian-tirado-keanu-front.jpg?1423271611

christian-tirado-keanu-glassesfront.jpg?1423271615

christian-tirado-keanu-threequarter.jpg?1423271619

christian-tirado-keanu-wireframes.jpg?1423271622

christian-tirado-keanu-zbrush.jpg?1423271624