Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hard Surface Studies, Crit Needed =)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
bob3636 polycounter lvl 11
Hello guys what's up?? I'm currently developing my portfolio as an Environment/Prop Artist, Those are a couple of studies i did recently!!
Crits are highly welcome! Thank you, Bob. :):):)
YSYcyEw.jpg
r7e4vO3.jpg

Thank you!

Replies

• Kroma!
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroma! polycounter lvl 9
    That engine is beautiful :O Were you planning on taking this further to a game prop? Would love to see some more shots of it :)
  • bob3636
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Thank you for your comment. I think i will leave this like it is because those were meant to be quick studies ^^
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    It looks good but the edges of course are too tight if you want to bake it for a simple engine, also it's not really modeled for baking well, if that was not you intention it looks great! I would post the wires in the How you model them shapes thread and ask for crits. As for your other scene it's looking nice but it has no real focal point and the materials feel very flat. Less metal and more concrete or dirty construction paper. The high poly is great:) I looked at your portfolio and I think you have some really good modeling skills but you're texturing looks like it could use some work.
  • bob3636
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your crit, I really appreciate it ^^ I think i will now study to improve texturing skills! :) And i'm going to post how to model dem shapes (thx for the suggestion)
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    bob3636 wrote: »
    Thank you for your crit, I really appreciate it ^^ I think i will now study to improve texturing skills! :) And i'm going to post how to model dem shapes (thx for the suggestion)

:)