Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elf [Character]

Replies

• Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Love the latest update popol. but its just something about her expression. I think by moving the eye balls down a bit she may lose that tired,vague look she has at the moment.
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    surturiel : Thanks man =)
    Di$array : Glad you like it and thanks for the tip.

Ok, so i'm back on this model and it's almost done! =D
    Made some changes according to the feedback I got, like adding my colors to the face and I fiddled a bit with the eyes to get rid of that tired expression.
    I spent some time to make a very simple rig to pose her and here is the first posed screen in marmoset 2!

beautyshot02.jpg

I won't change de geometry but I know the texture could be improved so I'm still open to feedback.

Things I wanna change :
    - the skin of the face and body doesn't match
    - skin of the body is to shinny
    - hair line looks weird

Other than that I'm considering making a pedestral too.
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    The armor is looking pretty flat. I would add some color variation and some surface details. Also it's looking a bit plastic. i would recommend adding more noise / detail in the spec and gloss of the armor. Also for you metals I think it would help if you darkened the diffuse.

Other than that it's looking great. Nice work!
  • redhonour
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour polycounter lvl 8
    This looks pretty amazing and I'm sad I'm only seeing it now! I have such a weakness for darker skinned gals with white/silver hair (STORM). I love the design across the pieces. The repeated elements really help unify and I'm thinking my own characters could use more of that.

I don't think the skin of the face and body look too dissimilar. I barely noticed.

I think people are right on about the materials. Perhaps you could better define what the materials are. You've already got good strides toward this in your sword and leather trim on the stockings.

The only other thing that bothers me are the shape of the garter straps. I dunno if that's texture only or geo at play, but it looks kinda funky.(Keep in mind I didn't read the whole thread so if I'm retreading old ground here, my bad!)

Keep going cos I'm learning lots from this thread too! :D
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    hey not bad but the hair really needs more work, skin is way to dark but thats only if u want it too look like the concept and the white on the armor needs to be a lot brighter. The gold and the sword need stronger spec it look like plastic right now. Made a quick paint-over its not much but I really recommend u fix the hair at least.
    ZiKXCt9.jpg
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Thanks for the great feedback guys.

So I'm adding to my to do list :
    - working on the metal aspect of the armor
    - redo the hair
    - matching colors to the concept

It's true that I didn't really spend enough time on the hair ^^
  • Abrvpt
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good ! All the crits have been said I guess, looking forward to see the model with those fixes !
  • Wishie
    I like the tan skin tone on the model. Having the model tan or darker could add some nice contrast to the other colors on the outfit :D
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Abrvpt : Thanks! =)
    Wishie : I agree with you, I tried with paler skin like on the concept and I think it blends too much with the armor.

Ok, so here is the final look.

A huge thank you to every one who posted feedback as it helped a lot!

I mainly reworked the armor to make it really look like metal and I'm quite happy with the result.
    I changed the colors to fit a little bit more the concept but chose to keep the darker skin as I find it has a nice contrast with the armor.
    Unfortunatelly I didn't change the hair as I was getting to a point a really needed to call this model done. I made many mistakes early on when making the hair as it was the first time I tried to make hair with planes. I learned a lot so next time it will look a lot better.

You can see more screens on my portfolio : http://loicpaulus.com/

Elf_beautyshot03.jpg
  • Cibo
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    Looks very nice but a little "unreal". I think your scratches in the armor are nearly invisible without a change of the diffuse map for the scratches.
  • Gondolillo
    Nice job! I've learned some about zbrush (about your armor tuto)
    The final result is awesome, I'll check more about you