Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warcraft Fan Art - Feedback requested

Good evening, bros.
I'm working on this for a school project.

It is based on a few concepts that I've found on the interwebs to Baine Bloodhoof from the Warcraft Universe. He's a pretty cool character that has had little screen time over the years, and recent events brought him to the limelight - albeit with the same model from WoW's 2004 debut.
As a bit of a tribute I decided to do a fan art with the aim of getting good grades this semester, as well as having something fun to do in my downtime.

bdCU3G9.jpg

In good old Warcraft fashion, the character is stylized in both anatomy and fittings, giving it an over-the-top design that signatures blizzard's art style in so many ways.

I'm having a lot of doubts with the anatomy - mainly because I want him to be more of an endomorph type in Bear mode (Big muscles and some body fat).
This blocking was done in Zbrush.

l0o9Whn.jpg

Here's a turntable:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0c72TSK6s"]Baine Bloodhoof Fan Art - Work in Progress - YouTube[/ame]

Anyway, I hope to convey a final piece rendered in Vray or Keyshot, with a pose similar to the concepts, depicting the image of a powerful and wise leader. If you have any ideas, suggestions or anytime of feedback, please do so in this thread :)

Peace!

Replies