Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pilot

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
solar polycounter lvl 18
Haven't posted any new art in a long time so hopefully this will be the first of a few new threads for some new character work.

She's based heavily on Trevor Claxton's baby Cakes concept which had a huge impact on me when I first saw it, make sure you check it out - http://trevor.cghub.com/ - I loved the proportions and the style and I've tried to carry that through to the model but also add my own touches and small changes throughout. The helmet was an entirely new addition of mine so I could sneak some extra hard-surface work in :)

This has been an ongoing project for quite a while grabbing 30mins here n there whenever I could. There's so much I'd change in hindsight but its good to get to a *cough* finished state (is anything ever really finished :P) and move on to the next one. That being said comments and crits are very welcome!

original_528756_asm0_jg7f5hpcgj96lecra9rh.jpg

original_528756_jq934gyddsgmdvfvumyqitk_y.png

528756_kwooejh7mume3qtacrxruap8z.png

original_528756_daw4xnzndc4twojtgvyihfvyc.png

original_528756_wh3op6omeabqhoce5xx7h5ucs.png

original_528756_gnqa_idgufwh54uimvuaenrna.png

original_528756_qjjwqh2p_kmfjat4njo4f8bfc.png

and a quick turntable in Marmoset

Replies

• AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    This is looking really awesome the only thing I could say is maybe make the lighting more interesting. Really love this style!
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    She's pretty freakin sweet man! I'm especially enjoying the helmet design.

I kind of wish the metal parts of her armor had a bit more separation from the rest of the uniform. Could of helped breaking up the silhoutte more and the emphasized hard edges might of added an interesting dynamic between the too.
  • solar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    solar polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Alex, the plan is to eventually have a more dynamic render/background :)

Glad you like the helmet Deathstick! I'd love to get some vfx to show how the dual visors would actually work, perhaps soon.
    Yeah I was going for more of a suit feel rather than attached armour pieces, but I get what you mean.