Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Mega Man Zero

Vin L
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Vin L polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone. I'm going to translate Mega Man Zero's intro stage boss battle from 2D to 3D. I'm attempting to create new textures using a pixel art style.
Here are some in-game screenshots of the scene:
MIF1lY1.jpgPEsfmsW.jpgydHlqQF.jpg

I plan to recreate his jumping slash pose against the Golem boss. Here's what I have so far for my scene blockout:
9XfmSwB.jpg
FrHRMTI.jpg

[SKETCHFAB]adcbf86c7a58498e82cc8014b6e44e0b[/SKETCHFAB]
Here's what I have for his base colors. I plan to add more details, highlights, & shading to his texture.

Replies

• Vin L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vin L polycounter lvl 4
    [SKETCHFAB]feb875072e894882a8beadcd145c2067[/SKETCHFAB]

Here are my current environment models/textures in Sketchfab. The 64x64 chair texture was too low resolution next to the floor so I adjusted the floor and side tiles accordingly. The lower floor is a placeholder and won't tile quite so much.
  • Vin L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vin L polycounter lvl 4
    [SKETCHFAB]8204f819a53e4d2da3977ba3308bc43c[/SKETCHFAB]

Here's an update with more wall textures in place. Gotta keep texturing :) I want to build on the laboratory's ruined elements -- once I texture the rubble I'll experiment with placing it throughout the scene.
  • Daniel Duy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daniel Duy polycounter lvl 5
    You started kinda late my friend but you did it and it's looking good. Congrats :poly124:
  • Vin L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vin L polycounter lvl 4
    [SKETCHFAB]a94116c4d48644de940531ebc7c59e13[/SKETCHFAB]
    I've done some more texturing and placed Zero and the Golem boss into the scene. I'm going to make other textures like the wall light & keyboard, refine some of the current textures, and then pose the characters. Here we go!