Home Dota 2

Fox's Workshop Thread

Replies

• Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool i wona done some of this items, but for what hyros it is? please add me to steam i like to do third sword :)http://steamcommunity.com/id/prostomogy/
  • MechBgum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, I'd like to take the last sword and the third from the right if you don't mind ;)
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Cool concepts. They have a good amount of small details which are lacking on a lot of concepts. I'd like to work on one of them but I'm about filled up for a month or so. If you have some stuff open in mid September I'd definitely be interested.
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    First weapon for PL?
    PS: your concepts looks good =)
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So i took third sword ok? for what hyro it is?
  • someguy216
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you did those concepts yourself? there really good!
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Prosomogy, stop going around trying to lay claim to every concept that is posted here. Finish one. It's basic etiquette.

As for the concepts themselves, while they're all really badass, I feel that they all suffer a bit from detail overload that will be really hard to see ingame. I feel that if you reduce the detail by about 50% they would work much better ingame since you did find some really strong silhouettes.
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Gotta have to agree with Spudnik and Jalcober. Awesome concepts but too many small details that won't stand out in the game. I would love to collaborate with you later down the road, I really like your style!
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crit! I already tried toning down the details. I guess I'll have to work on that a bit more.

MechBgum> Please do! I love what you did with that sven sword. Looks amazing!

Zipfinator> I look forward to it. What are you working on at the moment?

Nikey> Please do! That was one of them that I feel is slightly out of my league at the moment. Feel free to change the proportions so it fits his grip.

someguy216> Yep! You're a concepter too, right? :) *brofist*

Prosomogy> I guess you've already started.... I originally created it for Abaddon, but my friends have been guessing Sven. It could really apply to either, in my opinion. I like how it's coming along, at any rate. :)
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foxclover wrote: »

I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks on Wednesday but when I get back I have an Ogre Magi set, a Chaos Knight set and a Slardar set to finish. I'm planning to submit some single items alongside working on those sets but I've already got a few single items from some other artists planned. Probably around the time I start working on the Slardar set I'd be open for a few single items so I'll either message you or scoop up something unclaimed in here around then.
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crit! I already tried toning down the details. I guess I'll have to work on that a bit more.

MechBgum> Please do! I love what you did with that sven sword. Looks amazing!

Nikey> Please do! That was one of them that I feel is slightly out of my league at the moment. Feel free to change the proportions so it fits his grip.

someguy216> Yep! You're a concepter too, right? :) *brofist*

Prosomogy> I guess you've already started.... I originally created it for Abaddon, but my friends have been guessing Sven. It could really apply to either, in my opinion. I like how it's coming along, at any rate. :)
    U-udM_1_dZ8.jpg
    Its need only textures for now :D At the moment, how i know, Valve not add Abbadon on workshop=\ abbadon is shadow and morbid that is a knight sword...
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Hah, i just asked, but okay, when i'll have time i'll do that! :)
  • Prosomogy
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate your initiative, sort of, prosmology, but those textures could really use some work. >_o I know I didn't object immediately, but I think waiting for me to give you an ok before starting to model would've been a better way to approach this. I felt shoe-horned into letting you continue, and the final product just isn't what I had in mind.

In the meanwhile:

lina.jpg

Pretty rough at the moment, I'm not even sure how possible some of these things would be, since dota items sit on top of the base? @_@
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Lina items look doable. When you try to cover up too much of the original though it ca stretch the texture budget. I'm not sure how Lina's mode is broken down but I think those are reasonable.
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate your initiative, sort of, prosmology, but those textures could really use some work. >_o I know I didn't object immediately, but I think waiting for me to give you an ok before starting to model would've been a better way to approach this. I felt shoe-horned into letting you continue, and the final product just isn't what I had in mind.

In the meanwhile:

lina.jpg

Pretty rough at the moment, I'm not even sure how possible some of these things would be, since dota items sit on top of the base? @_@
    it was test textures, also valve didn't add yet able to add items for abaddon, so i paint test textures for fun ^_^
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I would like to take that staff if it is still up for grabs and you are happy with me doing it?
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5

In the meanwhile:

lina.jpg

Wow, love the concepts! I quite like the skirt from the first, and the hat, sleeves and shoulders from the second. Maybe I'll look into taking one of these Lina sets when I finish what I'm working on now. They'll probably be taken by then though :P

I'd say they're both possible. I saw going to say that the segmented armg guard would be pretty difficult, but I realise that Lina does have alpha enabled. Ideally the second concept would make use of her existing top too, just to maximise polygon and texture budget.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still, prosmology. I've noticed you posting like this in other people's threads. All I'm asking is that you don't jump on the concepts and start working on them before I even agree. That's all. ^^;

MdK>Which one? And go for it! I'm a fan of your invoker hair, btw. Looks great. :)

Zipfinator> awwww shit, i keep forgetting about the budget. Thanks for always answering all my question!

Snowstorm> Alpha enabled... ok, from a 3d noob, alpha is ... similar to transparencies/masking? How can we tell which models have alpha enabled? I thought all dota models could support it. @_@

As for the design on the right, Preferably, not the original top; I think having the boob slit between the bolero and top wouldn't fit the rest of the design too well. But whatever the budget calls for, I suppose.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Hey foxclover, I mean the second one along the blueish one, which character was it meant for? I'm guessing Crystal Maiden, although I'll make it for whichever hero you intended of course.

Which hair do you mean? I did a concept, which unfortunately was near impossible to implement with the tri count and one that I began modelling which was kind of like a side parting?

EDIT: Also feel free to pm me as I don't want to fill up your thread with my questions :)
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alpha enabled... ok, from a 3d noob, alpha is ... similar to transparencies/masking? How can we tell which models have alpha enabled? I thought all dota models could support it. @_@

As for the design on the right, Preferably, not the original top; I think having the boob slit between the bolero and top wouldn't fit the rest of the design too well. But whatever the budget calls for, I suppose.

Yup, alpha is basically transparency, so there's a ton of things we can use that for. There's a list out there of heroes with and without transparency, but I can't find it atm. Not all of them support alpha :/ It's a little easier for me to just jump into the game files and check the flags in the .vmt there.

As for the boob slit, I don't think that should be an issue - you could have the shoulder piece cover everything till the start of the top or that golden crest to hide it.
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    here's a list out there of heroes with and without transparency, but I can't find it atm. Not all of them support alpha :/
    Recently they enabled alpha support for for every hero so you don't need to worry about it :)
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    foxclover : I'm interested on the Phantom lance . please leave a reply if intereseted for colab .

my workshop link is : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026621056/myworkshopfiles/
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have to look more into alphas... Isn't there a depth to items that won't jive too well with alphas? Anyway, WOOPEE alphas on all heroes!

mihalceanu > Sorry for taking a while to reply, I think Nikey has dibs on the pl lance. But if he's too busy, maybe he might pass it on to you? I love what you did with the hellthorn blade. :)

odsidian.jpg

qop.jpg

Not too happy with the qop blades at the moment.... I originally created these to be A1+B1 etc to be a set, but they're nicely interchangable. After I finish up some trax concepts, I'll work on some MANLY designs.
  • Prosomogy
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Are the QoP concepts part of a set? If not, can I work on her head item No. B1?
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne, I'm hoping someone will be willing to pick it up for a set. If no one expresses interest in it, I'll get back to you on B1? :)
  • Shooo~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo~ polycounter lvl 7
    May i take your red wings as single item for september competition?
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo, hoping someone will pick up in a set, but.... Go for it. I think the wings could work as a solo item, if no one else is interested in the set.

siren.jpg
    I would prefer doing the textures (or attempting to with lots of guides open), but I'm open to other working arrangements. :)
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey foxclover, sure let me know whenever you want to let B1 go as a single item. As for the Siren head item, I am willing to model and sculpt it for you and leave the texturing for you to do.
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo, hoping someone will pick up in a set, but.... Go for it. I think the wings could work as a solo item, if no one else is interested in the set.

Maybe if everyone does a piece we could put all the pieces into a collaborative set? I don't mind doing the shoulders and dagger. I quite like the alternative 2 look on the shoulder pieces and the last 2 of the coloured daggers.
  • branch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The head item is amazing :)
  • Soldeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldeus polycounter lvl 10
    Hey fox, is that Naga Siren head already picked up? Are you planning on continuing that piece in to a set? I'd be interested in working on it! :D

Steam so you can add me to talk : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Soldeus/
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That... is a great idea. Vayne, would you like to work on the B1 hair for qop? Snowstorm can work on the other pieces, though i'd like to redesign the dagger? You guys ok with that? I'm not sure the red wings go with the set though, so ... I'll ... look into it. >_>!

Btw, Snowstorm, loving the edits to mirana's hair item. * V * Looks great!

Soldeus, added, talk to you on steam. :)
  • Kurturo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isnt that abaddon sword the one that got added in the last patch? gratz! nice concepts
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great, will start on it.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurturo, yes it was! Mech bgum did an amazing job, I'M EXCITEd! * u * Thanks buddy <3

Vayne, awesome. ^^ I look forward to it!

weapons_2.jpg
    * both skywrath staffs are taken, 2nd am blade is taken, skelly king blade is taken, and ck is taken too

Not sure about the antimage or mirana items, but just in case it inspires someone...!
  • Shooo~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo~ polycounter lvl 7
    wow ! so nice concepts.
    may i make second am weapon ?
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That... is a great idea. Vayne, would you like to work on the B1 hair for qop? Snowstorm can work on the other pieces, though i'd like to redesign the dagger? You guys ok with that? I'm not sure the red wings go with the set though, so ... I'll ... look into it. >_>!

Btw, Snowstorm, loving the edits to mirana's hair item. * V * Looks great!

Thanks! And yeah, go ahead. Post or pass me the redesigned daggers and I'll start on the stuff whenever it's ready. Just to be clear I'm thinking of working on the black and gold version of the shoulders if that's alright!

Also, those new concepts look awesome.
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    That first skywrath weapon...wow <3
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shooo, sure, go for it. Are you still working on the qop wings? :3 Just want to keep things organized in my files. ^^

Snowstorm, NO IT'S NOT ALRIGHT jk why wouldn't it be? :) do you need a back view? I can bring up qop's sheet and whip one together.

Zaphk> Oi! Hey you! *is kheleksul again* Thanks <333
  • t1mu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t1mu polycounter lvl 8
    can i take 2. skywrath weapon ?
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Kurturo, yes it was! Mech bgum did an amazing job, I'M EXCITEd! * u * Thanks buddy <3

Vayne, awesome. ^^ I look forward to it!
    weapons_2.jpg
    * 1st skywrath staff is taken, 2nd am blade is taken
    Not sure about the antimage or mirana items, but just in case it inspires someone...!
    Awesome concepts!
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Like Vlad said, tose concept are looking great!
  • Lalzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice concepts, hope you'll get great collabs !
    cheers
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    That first Skywrath staff <3
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    foxclover : Can I have the ck weap?
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys <3 I'll drum up some more solo items after I finish some concepts for other collabs.

Mihalceanu, go for it! Would you mind if I touched it up a bit first, though? Looking at it now, I think it might be better if it were a big heavier, since CK would probably like something that has some heft to it. Like so:
    weapons_2_retouch.jpg

Still up for it? :)

edit: ohshiz, i should resize that hmmm? >_>
    edit again: ok nevermind, fuck this resizing shit. I'll just change the source file. Fuck bbcode :(
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    I love your concepts, they look great (especially the second skywrath staff. woof.) Out of curiosity how long does it take you to come up with a concept? Is the second batch of concepts the first generation of an idea or do you go and make a bunch of forms and settle on the one you like best to polish? Keep up the great work!