Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LOL Twitch Fan Art

Hi all. I heard Riot games recently announce that they are planning to do a visual update for Twitch. This is something I've been wanting to do myself as fan art for a long time, so in the interest of beating them to the punch, here is what I think he should look like. This is just my start so far. I've just generally blocked in his body proportions and armor so far. Again, this is NOT actual Riot work, its just my own fan art idea of what I think he should look like. I've got no idea what they're planning.

Here is the latest
4rQCsIq.jpg?1

Replies

• jksl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jksl polycounter lvl 4
    This reminds me more of master splinter but all and all really well modeled
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, that is actual more like what I was going for. I guess I should prolly clarify that this not really meant to be derivative of Twitch as we know him, but more like just what I think he should have looked like. However I do plan to keep come elements of the existing Twitch so as all or most of the cloth will be green and the metal bits will be gold. Also as much as I hate it, I'm also baking on adding a wart on his nose to represent that silly double bulb nose he has.

Anyway if anyone has any feed back please offer it up. If you hate it please tell me what you hate about it.
  • Laze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty cool, the fur looks awesome, but I don't like how clumpy it is right now. Maybe try make it a more integrated feature somehow, so the contrast between fur and the body parts that are bald not as harsh as it is right now.

Then sharpen up some of the forms, especially around his eye.

I love that armor design though, looks pretty cool all segmented.
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for the feed back Laze. I see what you mean about the fur. I can prolly add a layer of the smaller peach fuzzy type fur (like at the root of the tail how it tapers off) to kind of blend the fur to the bare skin better. And I will definitely go in and sharpen those details like the skin around the eye but thats prolly gonna happen towards the end of the skulpt. First I wanna get everything sculpted to generally its final look. Then I'll do a polish phase where I'll also add all the little details.
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a little update
    4rQCsIq.jpg?1
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Wow, i think it looks really cool.

Btw how did you do that knot?
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx Suba! The knot is just some 3D Max trickery. I first twisted 4 cylinders together to make a segment of rope. Then I used a bend modifier to bend the rope into a ring. Then I just copied the ring and turned it 90 degrees and offset it so the rings interlinked. I will do more to it in ZB later to polish it up but it does the trick to start you off.
  • RoadKill2222
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Thx Suba! The knot is just some 3D Max trickery. I first twisted 4 cylinders together to make a segment of rope. Then I used a bend modifier to bend the rope into a ring. Then I just copied the ring and turned it 90 degrees and offset it so the rings interlinked. I will do more to it in ZB later to polish it up but it does the trick to start you off.
    Thank you so much !
    I guess Zbrush isn't that handy when it comes to this kind of things...

Anyway thanks for that clear explanation, keep up the good work. I want to see more :)
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No Prob Suba, I'm always happy to help and share my methods. There may be an easy way for Zbrush to do that kind of thing but I didn't bother to try and find out how to do it. Updates will be coming soon for sure.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    I'm a huge lol fan as well, think I've played over 800 matches so far.I think this is a good start man. Overall I'm digging the proportions but I think he needs more cloth pieces.He needs something else to breakup the silhouette. I know this is what you envision but right now the design looks kinda dull to me. Since twitch is based off of sneaking and cloaking,maybe you can play off of his traits more. I think this is a good start and i look forward to your next update.
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for the feedback Loraine. Its true that I didn't spend much time thinking of ways to tie in his original design. That has actually been the main consistent detail that I've been getting from people. I really just started going at it thinking only about what I thought would look like a cool "rat assassin" but I will try and bake on ways to add more of those details.
  • Loraine Howard iii
    I saw this on cghub yesterday and thought of your model. Marco Nelor did this, hopefully you can get some ideas from this.

9452558298_59e3a33a8d_b.jpg
    marco-nelor-rat-dudez by lorainehowardiii, on Flickr
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh wow, cool. Those are awesome. Thx for posting, it does give me some ideas
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    small update, haven't been able to work on it much
    qcaKyXF.jpg?1
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the latest. I do still plan to play with some smaller details, and try to experiment with a hood or something more assassin like.

vTiPT1y.jpg?1
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    this is looking really nice, love the detail work. you really nailed that rugged look while still keeping it readable.
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool thx lotet, glad you like it.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Really nice work loving the details, the top first render almost makes It look like two characters at least to me.

If I had to say something It would be the neck area, I am most likely wrong but It just seems very weird to me cause I imagine that type of detail on a spa-zing out old person.
    I am talking about the neck stretching situation going on, if you care to share the reference your using for that so I can calm my brain down about it that would be great. :)

Also the face bugs me (the squished look) but It is awesome probably just the render angles.

Loving it, though.
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx D4V1DC...lol, yeah I purposely made the neck skin very strained lookin. Sure its prolly not really correct but I've always liked that kind of thing when I see it else where. As for reference, I didn't really use any. When I was thinking about his design I remembered seeing an MTG card a long time ago with some similar motif. I tried searching for it but I dunno what its called or what set its from so I couldn't find it. But this is largely influenced by what I remember from that card.
  • Larkbeef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What's that smell?

I especially like the feet. Good job!
  • RoadKill2222
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ty Larkbeef. I always have fun making feet. LOL. Lots of skin and bones and shapes to sculpt.