Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG REMIX - Fallout - Fighting the Master

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PHIllstead polycounter lvl 8
Hello!

My VG Remix will be based on what I consider to be the final scene in the original Fallout: fighting the Master inside the control center underneath the Cathedral.
This moment in gaming is pretty important to me because it pretty much solidified my love of Fallout.

Because of the nature of this challenge I wanted to try to stylize the models a bit more, and wanted to try and capture a Torchlight style aesthetic. With both games being isometric, I think it would be a cool fit. Plus, it's a cool parallel between the pet mechanic in Torchlight, and the relationship between the Vault Dweller and Dogmeat.

Here's my progress on the main hero model. I plan to model the helmet seperately with a seperate map.

LATEST UPDATE:

[SKETCHFAB]96d2f543486044fa82489874d1b845a6[/SKETCHFAB]

Additionally, here are some sketches I did to figure out what I was trying to do. and my blockout.

h9kptgd.jpg

oNnBhkb.jpg
Z7dd0tc.jpg
5YskQZ5.jpg

Replies

• PHIllstead
    Offline / Send Message
    Though distracted by many other things, I'm still doing my best work on this. It's something I've never done before and I'm having a lot of fun doing it. It looks like there are going to be a lot of other last minute entries so I don't feel as bad; and a lot of great work is being produced by all the competing artists. I posted my latest sketchfab version of my scene in my first post, and my work is definitely cut out for me. A lot of textures need to be reworked and repainted, but thankfully most of my geo is finally done. The biggest thing I am missing are the globs of flesh chunks strewn about the scene.

Here is the same Sketchfab shot in Maya. Lighting is definitely going to need to be worked on.
    NJa82I3.jpg
  • PHIllstead
    Offline / Send Message
    Calling it done!

[SKETCHFAB]96d2f543486044fa82489874d1b845a6[/SKETCHFAB]

6Ujth16.jpg
    9J3ItNE.jpg
  • PHIllstead
    Offline / Send Message
    @Guenneor Thanks man. I had a lot of fun doing and the scene is definitely nostalgic for me too. It really made me fall in love with Fallout.