Home General Discussion

GamePress - Create amazing games right on your iPad -Now Available!

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
VPrime polycounter lvl 9
Hi everyone I would like to announce our newly released app GamePress,

GamePress let's you unleash your creativity and create the games of your imagination with no programming.
We make it fun to create, share, and even play mobile games right on your iPad.

GamePress is a fully featured game creation suite right on your iPad. With GamePress you can easily share your games to the GamePress Arcade, and have your creations played by millions around the world.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUNhviJLr8"]GamePress - Create, Share, and Play Mobile Games - YouTube[/ame]

Some features include:
  • Easy to use level editor so you can easily build your worlds and place objects
  • Behaviour editor which replaces programming. Works like a flowchart of actions and events
  • Complete physics engine (powered by Box2D)
  • Particle Editor so you can quickly whip up some awesome particles
  • Sound Effects creator so you can make some custom sound effects
  • Thousands of included art assets to get you started on making your games
  • Ability to import your own graphics, music, or sound effects
  • Special tweening effects.
  • The GamePress Arcade. You can play,rate, or edit games form users around the world!

Game Press is now officially available!
Download it now

appstore.png

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/GamePress/id637370800?mt=8

Stay updated by following us on twitter and facebook

mzl.gbsoqcqq.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.jsaxjomm.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.mmldnvov.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.sderbjwn.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.doneeizk.480x480-75.jpg

Also here are some promo codes (post if you end up using one):
4RTWL3MAXX73
MEWE4TJYAHN4
3FHME449F9PL

Replies

• Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    Grabbed the code in the middle, thanks. :)

I'm not one to create games on my ipad. I'll stick to desktop/laptop for that.
    But for quick prototyping while on the move, this looks like gold to me.
  • riot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riot polycounter lvl 11
    Hey, this looks awesome!

I just got one code, the last one, gonna try this app right now! Thanks for the codes!
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Let me know what you think :)
    We tried to make it powerful, but still keep it as easy as possible. Still need to find the right balance so any feedback is greatly appreciated :)
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys,

We made it free just for today!

Check it out!
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    We have decided to keep it free for a little while longer.

Since last week we have already had over 48,000 downloads! There are some really funny games being created, and some really cool ones too. You guys should check it out.

A game a user is working on:
    droidscreens.png
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    We just released a new huge update. We actually released a few really big updates since I last posted about GamePress, but this is one of my favourite updates since releasing the app :D.
    We have added a bunch of new features to make GamePress much better and more powerful. We're preparing for our "exporting" feature so you can take your games created with GamePress and publish them to the App Store!

This update makes importing artwork, music, and sound effects much much easier!
    Dropbox is now integrated so you can easily transfer files created on your computer right into GamePress.

You can also use the "Open In" dialog to share files created from other apps with GamePress. So if you made an awesome track in Garageband importing it into GamePress is now a breeze.

The complete change log can be seen on our blog: http://blog.gamepressapp.com

As usual this update is completely free (and so is the app). So go download it now!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/GamePress/id637370800?mt=8
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Looks a lot like construct 2, Not sure I like this phrase no programming which seems to be used more for visual programing or block programing, easier programming for sure, but it still often requires a understanding and creative thinking when it comes to systems triggers, variables etc.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah we made the "no programming" mistake early on and it has really hurt us (in my opinion).

But we're starting to change that. Our app screenshots in the App Store are labeled as visual programming now. Our Behaviour system is pretty advanced as well, schools have actually picked it up and are using it to teach younger kids programming and game design. Something we never dreamed of happening.