Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Binding of Isaac

Hey guys!

I'm going to making something based on The Binding of Isaac. It'll probably be some kind of boss fight, but I'm not completely decided yet. I still need to finalise which boss/enemies will be in the scene, but I'll get on that now :)

Hopefully I'll think of decent idea that includes Mom.

Edit:

The final thing will be the non-Isaac characters protecting him from Mom by using certain powers from the game.

IsaacHD.pngMaggy.pngCainHD.pngJudasHD.pngEveHD.pngDead_Baby.png

VS

250x250-400px-Mom.png

The environment will be based on the room for the boss battle with a few changes such as walls being destroyed and littering the ground with rubble.
Binding-of-Isaac-Mom-6.jpg

Replies

• FireWalkWithMe
    Woo, update! Just making sure I understand Sketchfab ok and stuff.

[SKETCHFAB]63fe04153aef4926a356b302761dd1a2[/SKETCHFAB]

Does anyone know what's happening with the transparency on the missile smoke/fire? It's just a white mask with no background as required. (I still need to texture the rock)

Edit:

Reading the FAQ on Sketchfab says to use two different materials for the objects. I've got this to work by assigning block colours to different parts of the missile, and then changing the texture in Sketchfab, is this the correct way to do it?

I may end up just removing the smoke if there's no way to have a masked texture over another.
  • Padster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well good. love your idea
  • Heeezil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heeezil polycounter lvl 9
    Looks like you're putting a lot of well thought out planning into this, I wanna see more stuff from you though as I'm still finding it tricky to imagine how its going to look in Sketchfab!
  • FireWalkWithMe
    Oh hi there, progress!

[SKETCHFAB]d19eb73107a34ee5a1a7cacd1d497f40[/SKETCHFAB]

This is roughly where it's at, at the moment. I still need to sort out the floor texture, and get the walls and door sorted but that shouldn't be too difficult. Then it's just posing other characters and objects, and then done! (I think)
  • FireWalkWithMe
    [SKETCHFAB]3c9059af27d145f69d134386d135e185[/SKETCHFAB]

Just testing out using baked AO with the shadeless rendering instead of above (no AO, original rendering)

Only the characters have AO baked at the moment, but I think I prefer it to above. I just need to make sure it triangulates correctly in areas so that Mom doesn't have chunks missing from her back :P
  • FireWalkWithMe
    Woo! Finally finished!

Beauty+Shot.png

[SKETCHFAB]8ae64e21d3cd4583a6ab6feab791773e[/SKETCHFAB]

Anyone have any tips/crit that I can use in the future?