Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Dumps and WIPs

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys,

Decided to dump a few characters and keep any new stuff that I will be working on in this thread.

First of all.. let me just dump 2 characters I made for an Indie game project called Shizuka. (Check out www.astrogun.com for some more info)

The main character called Maq.
Maq1.pngMaq2.png

MaqHP.png
MaqText.png

And a generic enemy character called "the Sandman".
SM1.pngSM2.png

SMHP.png
SMText.png

I am currently working on a low poly hand painted model (for a few months.. on an off...) Looking to add some cartoony/stylized characters to my portfolio.
Rhetspi.png

Once I am done with the textures I plan on getting familiar with zBrush again. Last time I used it was a couple of years ago.. I came across a pretty interesting and simple illustration I'd like to use to get back into zBrush again.

Any crits or comments is appreciated btw. =D

Replies

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess these FPS arms is the "main character".
    Doing these for a UDK project.

FPS_Arms.png

Anyway I was a bit too quick to make a lowpoly and bake the model. Spotted an area I missed up a bit anatomy wise.

Also went a bit overboard with the muscles and made them all way too sharp, making it look too stylized. So will have to soften it up a bit.
    Would appreciate some critique. =]
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

So a little update, fixed some anatomy stuff, softened the skin up a bit and some other details.

FPS_arms2.PNG

One arm is about 1400 triangles, so the final arms will probably be 2800.
    There is a possibility of customization/different classes, so some UV space has been left empty to accommodate for that.

Again any critique is welcome. =]

Thanks