Home Dota 2

Rory's - Dota2 - thread

rory
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
rory polycounter lvl 5
Hey my dota2 peeps,

This is my Dota 2 thread for items I'm working on. I have too many items that I start get discouraged and never finish and they sit on my computer till the end of days. So this thread is to share in my failures, hopefully there will be a couple successes along the way.

Replies

• rory
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5
    This is a courier i started a couple months ago. The idea was to do a musical courier. Just tested importing a courier with animations and after a little hair pulling it worked!

That said not sure if she's too humanoid/character like? Not sure if I should just cut my losses with her. Also exploring the idea instead having her ride a blowfish/searay for her flying form .
    1xgCz6Ujpg

• rory
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5
    This is another courier idea that's been in my sketchbook for a while so I decided to flesh it out.

6VAV73g.jpg

He's a pirate chest toting sea-dweller whose returned from the grave to lug your loot.

Think I'm going to do idea 1. He's packing some interesting accessories yet I think he'll hold up if I have to drop some. I think the hard part will be squeezing enough room from the texture.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    rory wrote: »
    This is another courier idea that's been in my sketchbook for a while so I decided to flesh it out.

6VAV73g.jpg

He's a pirate chest toting sea-dweller whose returned from the grave to lug your loot.

Think I'm going to do idea 1. He's packing some interesting accessories yet I think he'll hold up if I have to drop some. I think the hard part will be squeezing enough room from the texture.

That courier is so aawesome, I'd love to animate that pirate.

I think number one is your best choice, I think the fish face is overdoing the comedy that's in this courier, the outfit is cute and funny alone. Plus the flying version with the trailing cape feels better, and 1 translates into that well. And you also have this really interesting contrast, where the ground version is very cute and fun, and the flying version is all evil and 'cool' looking. I'd really like to see this progress. :)
  • rory
    Offline / Send Message
    rory polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the input Andrew! Thought this thread had long since been buried without a reply. I do want to give animating a try myself on this one, though I am a fan of your work. :)

Finishing up a Earthshaker set then I'm jumping back into the courier.