Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - MonteCristo - Violet Bengtsdotta "Yeti Hunter"

EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE ---

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_01a.JPG

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_01b.JPG

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_02a.JPG

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_01c.JPG

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_03a.JPG

VioletBengtsdotta_HighPolyComplete_04a.JPG

EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE --- EDIT --- LATEST UPDATE ---

Greetings all,

My name's Jack Oakman and, as I'm currently in the market for a job at the moment, I thought it'd be fun to brush up the portfolio by participating in this competition.

For this entry I thought I'd take my inspiration from the high-altitude mountain climbing fraternity. I think their outfits are quite striking, but I think it will be fun to use a bit of artistic license and push the design.

Personally, I really like using Zbrush to do this as I have more freedom to try things out than with 2D alone. I also like to work in colour from the off as I find this gives me a better sense of how my design will turn out once it's a low-poly character. There's a couple of examples of this on my website (www.jackoakman.com)

Anyway, I'm including my initial block-out here. Still very much at the experimental stage. Once I'm happy with the silhouette, I'll retopo and rebuild.

Thanks for having me!

VioletBengtsdotta_Concept_01a.jpg

VioletBengtsdotta_Concept_01b.jpg

Replies