Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - From Society - Adam Dilley

Hello, my idea for this contest is to do an escape from society. The inspiration for this were some really nice pictures of mountain passes and log cabins. I will post a mood board shortly to show you some of the photos that influenced me the most, as well as the progress I have made so far.

Replies

• Dilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are a few screenshots from inside UDK. Any advice on what to change would be appreciated. I plan on working on the log cabin today. To vary the size and shapes of the logs, then once that is finished I am going to paint on a couple more layers of textures to hide the obvious repeats.

The trees are a big issue that I can't decide on at the moment. Whether to have a lot or a few and what kinds etc. I will probably look at some more photos for inspiration.

I also need to cover some of the repeating grass. But I will have a better understanding of this when I know where the trees are going.

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    Your images don't show up for me.
  • Dilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I tried embedding a dropbox link, but that doesn't seem to work, either that or I did it wrong. Here are the images:

mRCU0w2.jpg

jXU5vDX.jpg

6EzfaAh.jpg

KcAw2C3.jpg
  • Dilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is an update. I have changed the trees to ones that I made using SpeedTree instead of using the UDK ones. I have also changed the lighting to a sunny day and got rid of the fog.

Moodboard:
    DCN00DY.jpg

Tree Wireframe:
    Dton8Zx.jpg

Log Cabin Wireframe 1:
    fZBYZl8.jpg

Log Cabin Wireframe 2:
    cEQ5CR9.jpg

Environment Wireframe:
    N080gMd.jpg

Chair Wireframe:
    dYN49IX.jpg