Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - The Alley - Team Warmack

WarmackAttack
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
WarmackAttack polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone -

I'm jumping in a little late on this challenge, but I'm going to give it my best shot anyways.

I'll be creating an environment showcasing an explosive escape from a tower room in the middle of a desert city out into the alleyways and courtyards that wind around the city center.

I've gathered some concept photos and have finished a rough layout of the scene. I hope to start having some modular pieces coming together in the next few days.

Really looking forward to see how far I can get by the end of this challenge, should be pretty fun!

moodBoard_zps337be132.jpg

blockoutUpload_zps859ba38d.jpg

Replies

• WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys-

It's been a while without an update, but hopefully these will be coming more often now.

I've finished the basic modular building pieces, and have put them together in UDK.

Next up on the list is finishing all of the prop and modular piece models, then it's on to the materials pass.

EscapeUpdate01_zpsa6fc8445.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next update on modular building pieces.

Modeling is almost done at this point, I'll be making my first texture pass over the weekend.

Looking forward to see how this turns out.

buildingPiecesUpdate02_zps90267217.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, here's an update on the modular piece textures to go with the buildings.

props_textures_zps4198acb4.jpeg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, quick update on the tiling material instances I'll be using on the modular buildings in this scene.

materialInstanceTest01_zps152e906f.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update on the tiling materials applied to the modular buildings. Starting to bring in some of the modular windows and doors. (The window materials have been changed to match the buildings)

levelTest01update_zpsa5396d7b.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, quick update.

Going over some textures for a more final level of polish, here's the WIP sheet for the modular door pieces.

Also, I got the color matching shader to work, so now the window frames will blend correctly with the modular building pieces and their textures. I have all of the colors and types of stucco instanced for easy variation as well.

doors_diffuseALTEST_zpsbbf277e2.jpg

colorsUpdate_zpsd6a029dc.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More Updates!

This is starting to all come together - I have the buildings decked out in the modular bits now and all the window frames matched up. Might be a bit more tweaking, but that's about done.

Next step is dropping all the rest of the props in - I hope to have that done pretty soon. The interior will most likely be finished for the next update.

Starting to play around with lighting a bit, not quite sure which I like more. I might just go ahead and work with both for the final beauty shots.

EscapeUpdate02_zpsea01c395.jpg

EscapeUpdate02cloudy_zpsde1b2885.jpg
  • WarmackAttack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More updates, guys!

Got most of the exterior props finished and in the scene. Continuing to fidget with the lighting a bit. This is getting closer to done, just need to finish up the interiors and some minor details.

escape_Update03props_zps0a24ba12.jpg

escape_Update03_zps2ff8a763.jpg