Old (#1)
Hello all.
I would like to have here a nice place to discuss my current DOTA2 items and also post some WIP works as well. Most in not all of theme are/will be created with greate help from my girlfriend Madzia

I will try to organize this page more while more sets/items will be showing up.

Sets uploaded to workshop.

Latest Lich set: Eldritch Starvation
Workshop Page

Faceless Void set created for Polycount DOTA2 contest: Ancient Cultist
Workshop Page

Weapon was added to set after contest ended.

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. And if you want to just chat feel free to do so
Thank you all for your time spend here!

Last edited by Konras; 03-15-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Offline , polygon, 707 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location Poland Send a message via MSN to Konras Send a message via Skype™ to Konras  

Old (#2)
That Lich set came out beautifully, nice job.
Offline , triangle, 301 Posts, Join Date Sep 2012,  

Old (#3)
Silencer

*BIO*
[...]Raised with other young mages in a hidden cantonment among the hills of the Hazhadal barrens, the order's preceptors waited for Nortrom's abilities to manifest. While the other students honed their talents with fire, or ice, or incantatory spells, Nortrom sat silent and talentless, unable to cast so much as a hex. As the day of final testing approached, he still hadn't found his magic. [...] And then his preceptors learned a valuable lesson: a lack of magic can be the greatest magic of all. Nortrom silenced the young mages one by one and defeated them in single combat, until he alone stood as champion of the Aeol Drias...

*IDEA*
If he was raised by mages how did he know how to fight? Mocked by his kind maybe he was closer to barrens natives, and learned combat skills from elder warriors. His armor decorated with primitive symbols of physical strength characteristic for savages aroused disgust in other mages but brought him champion title after all.

Last edited by Madzia; 03-17-2013 at 05:49 AM..
"The only way to learn to paint is to paint, No matter how dissatisfied you are with what you have done, you learn something. No one can tell you things which you must learn from experience." - Frank Benson
My tumblr
My Pinterest
Offline , line, 56 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011, Location Poland  

Old (#4)
Your good at this, so I thought i'd ask a few questions. I do not own Maya or 3Ds max or Photoshop for that matter. I do own Zbrush, and that's enough to make meshes, characters and objects. I need to know a cheap software I can paint with. It needs to be able to export for use in games like DOTA 2. Also a software that's good for getting UVs of my models. I'm not rich, or I would buy Maya and Photoshop. I hope you can help me.. Thanks.
Offline , null, 6 Posts, Join Date Apr 2013,  

Old (#5)
@Casper
You can use blender with zbrush to create your models. There was complete tutorial with blender workflow posted somewhere here on polycount.. don't remember when exactly... need to search for it... Will post a link if I will find it.
As painting your textures/concept you could use opensource GIMP or one of those 2 programs mentioned below (they have better brushes system than photoshop):
- Illust Studio http://www.illuststudio.net/ (super cool)
- Paint Tool SAI http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
Those software are Japanese, but can be translated with help of google.
Anyway I suggest you search for some trail versions to check it out first.
Offline , polygon, 707 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location Poland Send a message via MSN to Konras Send a message via Skype™ to Konras  

Old (#6)
Thanks much. I am checking them out now.
Offline , null, 6 Posts, Join Date Apr 2013,  

Old (#7)
Latest set for Phantom Assasin made for April mini contest over here at Polycount
Danse macabre
Workshop Page

Old (#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konras View Post
Latest set for Phantom Assasin made for April mini contest over here at Polycount
Danse macabre
Workshop Page
As awesome and well done the set is, I think it might stray to far away from PA's style. But with Valve you never know. Never the less the quality of the set is top notch!
Portfolio - AndrewHelenek.com
Offline , polycounter, 1,060 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012, Location Knoxville, TN  

Old (#9)
Latest set for Queen of Pain: Unchained Mistress

C&C welcome

Old (#10)
I think the set looks pretty fantastic overall. My biggest concern is with the chains, they look great but without any physics applied to them I'm pretty sure they'll look really wonky with any actual wing transformation or movement. I suppose that's some thing VALVe would have to handle since you can't import jiggle bones anymore (as I recall).

Great work though!
Offline , spline, 136 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#11)
Woah! Awesome!
Offline , triangle, 318 Posts, Join Date Dec 2011,  

Old (#12)
Fantastic job, Konras and Madzia!

The set looks great ingame! The only thing that I'd critique out is that the dagger looks a bit simplistic compared to the fidelity of the rest of the set. But then again, the rest of the set really overshadows the dagger anyways ;)
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,611 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Germany  

Old (#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaemirix View Post
I think the set looks pretty fantastic overall. My biggest concern is with the chains, they look great but without any physics applied to them I'm pretty sure they'll look really wonky with any actual wing transformation or movement. I suppose that's some thing VALVe would have to handle since you can't import jiggle bones anymore (as I recall).

Great work though!

The chains looks actually really good even without physics. I think it's mostly because wings are strong and muscular carrying chains with ease
"The only way to learn to paint is to paint, No matter how dissatisfied you are with what you have done, you learn something. No one can tell you things which you must learn from experience." - Frank Benson
My tumblr
My Pinterest
Offline , line, 56 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011, Location Poland  

Old (#14)
Not a fan of qop but this set is very attractive. Well done.
Offline , polycounter, 871 Posts, Join Date May 2013,  

Old (#15)
Latest set made for Riki.
Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1387656217

Old (#16)
I like everything but the three strands of hair :P
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,611 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Germany  

Old (#17)
sweet promo! favourited the set!
Offline , spline, 246 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#18)
@Spudnik Ah the hair, there were few versions of it. Hopefully those made before are lost in the bottom hell of my hardrive haha
@MagnoHusein Thank you!!

Old (#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudnik View Post
I like everything but the three strands of hair :P
I like everything, specially the strands of hair haha. I think they manage to add something different and eyecatching instead of just simple horns.

Really great work by the way! Everything is just top notch! From the models to the loading screen, it's awesome!
Bruno Monti

Sunshield Studio
Offline , polycounter, 781 Posts, Join Date Jun 2012, Location Sao Paulo  

Old (#20)
I'm with Belkun, that hair is HOT. You know what, the whole set is hot, what am I saying!

Last edited by foxclover; 12-23-2013 at 09:39 PM..
Offline , spline, 193 Posts, Join Date Jul 2013,  

Old (#21)
Lina set for Spring 2014 event. This one was a little bumpy, but came out better than we expected!!
Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=214654114

Old (#22)
Love it! Excellent work you too. Fantastic promo image as well.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,070 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#23)
Wowowowwowow. Blown away by the promo art and it goes without saying, the items themselves. This is getting into the game no questions asked haha.
Offline , spline, 189 Posts, Join Date Jul 2013, Location Delaware Send a message via Skype™ to BladeofEvilsBane  

Old (#24)
I hope I have Rubik's skill so I can copy your skill lol
Offline , polygon, 566 Posts, Join Date Dec 2013, Location malaysia  

Old (#25)
Turned out really amazing, guys! Nice job! The promo art is also very lovely.
Offline , spline, 234 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,