Home Dota 2

Technical issue

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
reverendK polycounter lvl 7
So i'm a noob...and i'm really hoping that somebody can point out the stupid thing i'm doing that's causing this to happen...

also: is there a chance of us getting a sticky for technical problems in here? i don't want to clutter the workshop thread with my noobish problems. :D

So...i've tried everything i can think of to fix this weird problem. Everything worked fine at one point last night, then stopped after i nudged the item around to better place it in his hand. I rolled back to the FBX's that worked and the problem persisted...I have no idea what i'm doing wrong here but i'm running out of hair to pull out.

here it is at about 11:00 last night:
success.jpg

and here it is now (with the exact same fbx):
wtfSlark01.jpg
wtfSlark02.jpg

Here's my Skined mesh in max
wtfSlark03.jpg

and my expot settings
wtfSlark04.jpg

i'm losing my mind on this, guys. Could you help a noob out?

Replies

• zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try using this plug-in to export an .smd insted of a .fbx. There's been some trouble with fbx imports lately and i dont know if they've fixed it yet.

http://www.wunderboy.org/3dapps.php

Also +1 on the tech issue sticky :)
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    reverendK Maybe your object has some scale applied to it? click right mouse button on scale tool and see if there is 100% scale on every direction (in view mode not local/parent or something)

If there will be something fishy about it just try to place pivot in 0,0,0 cords and reset xForm of your object.

Also god thing to check is like so:
    - export default weapon for your hero.
    - if everything works attach your weapon to default weapon and than delete old geometry
    -profit! :)

Also I highly recommend importing smd files :)
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    @zicoV - Thanks for the link, i'll set that up tonight.

@Konras - yeah. checked scale, Xformed, etc. Some of the first things I did. I didn't think of attaching it to the default weapon though - i'll try that if just switching to SMD doesn't make my pain end. :D

Thanks guys.