Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sanctuary of the Clans (Pillars of Nosgoth), Kain's Throne Room

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Teessider polycounter lvl 11
Hi Polycount,

So it's finally started! I have started on the art for my final year project at university. I have been concentrating on getting as much of my report (aka dissertation/thesis etc) done so that I'm not panicking before the deadline on 14th May.

I wanted to do gothic architecture for this personal project because I find it very inspiring and for me it has a "wow" factor every time I look at it. However, I wanted to recreate an environments/characters from old games I've enjoyed playing but I couldn't think of anything that combined the two ideas.

A solution then hit me on wednesday, the Legacy of Kain series. It has gothic architecture in it (especially defiance if remember correctly) and I love the series!

My next thought was: What do I want to recreate? (but have my own twist on it) and one landmark in the series are the Pillars of Nosgoth which eventually becomes a throne for one the main characters, Kain.

(Can be seen in the intro of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwvaHKTrgo"]Legacy Of Kain - Soul Reaver - Intro [EN] (upscale HD 1080p) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm gonna create the Sanctuary of the Clans' throne room. I'll be gathering tonnes of reference (due to this project being an academic paper as well) and it will incorporate real-world architecture too.

Stay tuned!

Replies