Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sail Ship Project DX11

HI ALL!

There is my project for Unity3d DX 11 contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIQ4-NHHY3Q&feature=player_detailpage

every one can download EXE build here ->
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0BymG2gN4J1z-ZXMwS2dUeXZoUWc&pli=1

only for Hi End Devices, like a GeForce GTX 660 :)) with good perfomance and DX11 support.
just click mouse button for switch cameras.
the last camera it's First Person player

3d40bf708d6b28af580d69cf89fa0cd8.jpg
3f1760c30dff73562b80a59bd331b9e9.jpg
357d372352d264ca1bf5b1fa122ddc0d.jpg
58307c43920fc568ec1306496e5f2870.jpg
c171aa8a974c02b08190b0106f3a2d64.jpg
5638e4237a7baa04d4a9335659d06f8a.jpg
4b6cd2edb9bb8a6ee22cb370ca98ab41.jpg

Replies

• Johan3043
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That looks insane man! Great work! :)
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punchface polycounter lvl 6
    Looks. Absolutely. Amazing. Outstandifying....y'know...and stuff.

The weather deck is too shiny. :) That's it. That's all I have for you in terms of technical criticism.

Now then, moving on...

Given the heavy armament home-girl has, she appears to be a military vessell, at very least, she's a government boat crewed by a bunch of feds.

Ask anyone who's ever been in a professional Navy and they'll tell you a couple of things about what that's like...they'll all look at your gun-deck and tell you that those powder kegs would never ever ever be rolling around willy-nilly like you have them and LORD SAVE US, get that fucking lantern off the powder keg before you blow the ship to matchsticks and take every man's life with it.

Everything has a place. Everything in its place. Everything as clean and as efficient as possible or in battle, men die...no man wants to die. Never. Out of battle, the sea itself is constantly trying to kill men and take them under. The sea never stops for any reason, it never tires and it never sleeps. It's always eating the ship. It's always tearing at the ship. Everything must be constantly maintained, constantly monitored. Otherwise things happen and men die. In storms, things happen and men die, ESPECIALLY when shit isn't as close to "just right" as one can make it.

During the brutal winter at Valley Forge, any one of Washington's men could have complained to you that the world itself was trying to kill them, to say nothing of the British 'out there'. A sailor would have shrugged and smiled sadly and said, "heyyy, that's my life every day no matter how nice the weather is or isn't."

The spec on your deck looks really nice, it really does...it looks like gently polished wood, as if someone didn't put lacquer down (what an idiotic idea that would be) and instead just polished the deck over and over and over with progressively finer grain sandpaper until that deck looked so beautiful...like a cherished lover's backside peaking out of the sheets in the morning light of spring.

Rough it up if you want real. Rough it up because men are constantly walking on it. Constantly scrubbing it with rough brushes and mops...Sand from battles and salt from the water and the wind are constantly etching at it. A rough deck is a deck that grabs at a man's foot as well while a slippery shiny deck will laugh scornfully at a sailor as he slips and breaks an ankle or a knee, or worse, gets blown out to sea. The sea will quickly take him, belch hungrily and ask for more...
  • magoga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    f0285bdc4fca7ef21e81912e4e427953.jpg

punchface its too much words.. for me now... i want to sleep))
  • magoga
  • magoga
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punchface polycounter lvl 6
    heh...whatever man. It's all good. Do what you wanna do. :)
  • looprix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    I agree the SPEC can look better (maybe u already fixed it). Other than that wonderful work! The ropes look very realistic with dx11, great job.
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Yep next gen is here thats what is has to look like, loving it. Is the video rendered frame by frame or do you get any kind of like "playable" framerate out of it?
  • Sculptaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That ass!

Awesome work man, probably some of the best stuff I have seen come out of unity so far. Well done.
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    sweet mother...... D:

What're the long term plans for this or is this all for now?
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    this looks great man, well done for finishing something of this magnitude.
  • magoga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    everyone can download EXE build here ->
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=no_antivirus&id=0BymG2gN4J1z-ZXMwS2dUeXZoUWc&pli=1

only for Hi End Devices, like a GeForce GTX 660 :)) with good perfomance and DX11 support.
    just click mouse button for switch cameras.
    the last camera it's First Person player
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Looks good but you should turn down the red in the post it makes it hard to see the assets.
  • divi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
  • Athomield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awsome dude ! :D i never thought unity could reach such greate graphics !!! it's better than assassin's creed !
    so how long did this took you ?
    what lighting type do you use ?
    do you write your own shaders ?
  • Nate Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome work man! You took no shortcuts on those ropes and it shows. And that cannon rocks. Really cool stuff. Any chance we can see some wires?