Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mass Effect: Asari Vanguard

Update:

2013-01-28-04.jpg

So I decided to take a break from finishing my HL2 Metrocop to enter the CGHub Bioware contest. I could use some critique before I get too deep into the low-poly version and texturing, although I'm kind of down to the wire on this.

Here's the high poly right now:

2013-01-14-02.jpg

2013-01-14-01.jpg

2013-01-14-03.jpg

CGHub Thread

Replies

• sziada
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    Looking good, I think you need to work on te hip area, looks a bit bland, more armour maybe?, but that only problem, I have with this, your anotmy is really good though.
  • BARDLER
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    sziada wrote: »
    Looking good, I think you need to work on te hip area, looks a bit bland, more armour maybe?, but that only problem, I have with this, your anotmy is really good though.

I agree. Some time of tool belt, or military looking stuff would be really nice to see.
  • mr_ace
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    looks good, you did a nice job with the armour. her arms look a bit thin, but other than that, it's looking pretty solid
  • Lyaksandr
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Unfortunately, having most of her torso area free from clutter is an important part of the design as she's a highly mobile melee fighter, so no belts etc.

I did lengthen and thicken the arms a bit, however.

The last couple weeks have been spent building the lowpoly, rigging and texturing. She comes in at 13k right now, and the image below is with some DX11 tessellation.

I really want to push the textures a bit further, so any critique would be appreciated.

2013-01-28-04.jpg
  • David-J
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    looks amazing! Probably too late now but I wish there were more things that break the silhouette a bit more. Specially by the legs. Regardless of that great work.