Home Contests & Challenges Archives

HMP contest - Mskyers88

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Skyerzz polycounter lvl 5
***Updated Version with more to come***
preview.jpg
preview02.jpg

I looking forward to this contest and I have some ideas but I'm just waiting to hear an answer to a question I asked. If yes, I can go with the idea I'm thinking of. If no, then I need to come up with something else.

Question being: "I've had a character that I had started and stopped working on back in 11-21-2012 I looked over the rules and it didn't stat that the character had to be done from scratch, but I still wanted to ask if it would be ok to use the body I have and create a new costume for her?"

Replies

• Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there!

Two things:

1. Your question is now addressed in the contest FAQ. You're good to go, it seems.

2. Just a quick reminder that your WIP post and Polycount nickname has not been associated with any registration to the contest yet:

Make sure to click the register button on the official page and provide at least your name, WIP post URL, and Mixamo login or associated email.

That way, we can make sure you have free access to Mixamo and Houdini services for your contest project.

Happy Sunday!
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here where I'm at so far. I like a lot of the shapes on the concept sculpt but I'm gonna do a paint over to figure out a final designs so it looks like one set of armor.
    concept.jpgconceptsculpt.jpg
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Show I went back to the drawing board, but I've gotten kinda stuck. I've been struggling with designing her Pouldrons for a few days now. Before I pull my hair out I wanted to update you guys since her design has changed quite a bit. Let me know what you think. It's still a work in progress and I apologize for the roughness. Hopefully I can start sculpting next week.conceptsculptWIP002.jpg
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really cool. Only comment so far would be about the gloves/bracers being a little bulky and her outfit looking pretty heavy on her hips as well.

Other than that, it looks very cool and detailed. Keep up the good work!
  • Dryulya
  • Edrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    This looks awesome already.
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It has been awhile but I've finally got the concept "done." Well I really just decided to go with what I have because time is running short, and the people I've shown seem to like it, so I'm going to stop being my own worst critic and push on. I am in the process of making my blank/base meshes, once that's done I can start to put some character into the armor. I think I'll get a few samples of my references together to show you guys what I'm going for, but in a nutshell think Darksiders 2...I love the art style XD.

Let me know what you guys think :D

OH... I've been messing around with Houdini and I hope to have a successful cloth test up soon. Thanks so much for the Tutorials and support Robert.Magee, and Anais.

Later Dayz
    valkyrie_armor_concept_sculpt_by_0skyers0-d5usqca.jpg
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So like a dumbass I don't have any real back up file. All I was doing was deleting tools that I had no use for and it crashed on me, and now my only file will not open. I do have an .OBJ with some of her geo on it but this has set me back a lot, especially since I don't have a lot of time to work on it. *sigh* Does any one know how to fix this?crash.jpg
  • nacertag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    U MIGHT ALREADY TRIED THIS BUT JUST IN CASE YOU FORGET :
    USUALLY ZBRUSH WILL TRY AND MAKE A RECOVERY FILE BEFORE IT CRUSHES TRY AND C IF U HAVE ONE.
  • harmless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harmless polycounter lvl 8
    It sounds like you are running out of memory. Check your disk space. Also open task manager when opening zbrush and see how much RAM it uses before giving this error. Maybe you were deleting something then it auto saved? How large is your ztl on disk? What is the RAM usage?
  • nickolasnm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This has happened to me on my older system. I dont know how much RAM you have and what operating system you're using but you can try NACERTAG's method that works sometimes or use the method that lets you lift the RAM limit on 32 bit systems. I hope you can resolve this.
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So after all the work that I had lost I took a break from this piece, but now I'm back at it. I redesigned her face to make her look more strong and less like a pretty little girl. I always intended to do battle damage on the clothes and i felt the original face didn't exactly fit, so I took the file corruption lemons and tried to made lemonade. I'm going to add some sexy scars to her face but I wanted to get some advice before I did any fine details on her.
    ValHead_WIP01.jpg
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    About a week left and A LOT of work left to do. My plans got so messed up cause of the crash and my indecisiveness. I'll do my best to get her as finished as possible for the deadline.

Here's how her face turn out after receiving a few crits. I personally like it a lot better than how it was :D
    486556_660065723771_893572477_n.jpg
  • ChewyPixels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChewyPixels polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work man. You can can do this!

-Chewy
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hear, hear! Chewy's right: keep pushing forward this is looking great. :)
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think something out there didn't want me to get this done. I lost so much work from file corruptions and crashes, and even one of my folders decided to lock my out of it which took me some time to figure out how to unlock it.

I tried really hard to get her done in time, very little sleep the past week, but I struggled with houdini. I'm gonna keep at it though and try to get an animation up soon.
    Here arms look really long in this and I sure that its just the camera angle.

preview.jpg