Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Core Overload] Sneak Peek Art Dump

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
Hey Polycount!

[UPDATE]
Core Overload will be presenting at Intel's Booth at GDC this year! Come check us out at the INtel booth at 4 pm, Thursday! http://www.facebook.com/events/502959853074283/?ref=3

My name is Brian Choi. I'm the student Art Director on Core Overload , one of the University of Southern California’s Final Games projects. This is a yearlong game development project by a large student team (we're currently around 40-people strong) as part of our final thesis.

Core Overload is an adaptive multiplayer experience,featuring fully customizable ships and online team-based multiplayer combat. Players have to adapt on the spot, think on their feet, and fight enemies that have every resource you do. It's a battle of wit and reflexes on an ever-changing battlefield.

Players are able to build their ships by selecting a chassis and attaching wings, weapons, engines, and a core. Every one of these parts has unique stats, abilities, and downsides. They're then able to battle other players in team vs. team combat. Core Overload features a parts-based dynamic destruction system. This means that players can aim at individual parts on an opponent's custom ship and break them off, causing the opponent's ship to lose the stats or abilities that part gave.

We’ve just had our Demo Day “Sneak Peek” and the art team is definitely excited to share with you all the work we have up to this point (From late August to early December), and more is to come as we look to completing the project by the end of May at our second Demo Day.

We’ve got loads of excellent concept art and 3D work to share. Feel free to comment, critique, and provide feedback since we’re still in development and could use some fresh eyes! I can answer any questions if you have any as well.

NOTE:
We are still looking for additional artists to be part of the Core Overload team. We’re specifically looking for:

- UI Artist with Scaleform/Flash experience
- VFX artist with UDK & Cascade experience
- Animator with prior UDK experience

We’re also looking for 3D artists (vehicles and environment) of course!

Email me at choib@usc.edu if you’re interested in helping create this crunchy, explosion-tastic spaceship shoot-em-up.

Here we go!

OTJAi.jpg

vgTSV.jpg

Eaj7u.jpg

KukV2.jpg

NHi9K.jpg

3Vj9K.jpg

nvQfF.jpg

hap29.jpg

7d8ZU.jpg

19VmC.jpg

yJfBP.png